ADVERTISEMENT

Threats against federal lawmakers have surged about 400% in the past six years

She isn't soiled. She didn't sleep with me. Call her right now and tell her you love her. Tell her you found an old house and fixed it up for her.
i'm having such a shit day and you made me literally laugh out loud. found an old house and fixed it up for her. screaming laughing

Reactions: snarlcakes
“ likely spurred by Trumpism”. Lol. Your “scientific” posts are a riot

As for the data, definitions have changed. Carjacking, for example, is not a crime of violence for purposes of many 3 strike laws or sentencing guidelines.
specifically, THREATS of violence are likely spurred by Trumpism, in my opinion

As for scientific support, many many studies (for example those tracked by the anti-defamation league) show a steep rise starting in about 2017 in anti-Semitic threats, anti-gay threats, anti-"woke" threats, etc.

You can try to think of other factors that suddenly changed in January 2017.

One example, 2017 saw the biggest rise ever in anti-Semitic violence.
27xp-antisemiticgraph-articleLarge.jpg

This then remained steady (and crazy high) in subsequent years
images

Here's a recent NBC News report that discusses the rise in anti-Semitism since 2017

She isn't soiled. She didn't sleep with me. Call her right now and tell her you love her. Tell her you found an old house and fixed it up for her.
"Tell her you found an old house and fixed it up for her." I cannot stop laughing at this. it's ridiculous on so many levels. fantastic movie reference. and i am the least handy human on the planet. i love this

Using national data isn’t very relevant and not helpful when trying to figure if there are problems that need to be addressed. It’s like saying we don’t have a worsening fish contamination problem in the Great Lakes because there isn’t a worsening problem in Rocky Mountain lakes and rivers.
I understand what you are saying but, if I am reading this correctly, 80% of the U.S. population lives in urban areas. If urban areas saw a spike in crime and rural areas did not, then the national numbers would still reflect that spike.

(I don't know if these numbers are accurate, correspond to the crime numbers y'all are discussing, or if I'm reading those charts correctly. So please point out if I am not.)

I understand what you are saying but, if I am reading this correctly, 80% of the U.S. population lives in urban areas. If urban areas saw a spike in crime and rural areas did not, then the national numbers would still reflect that spike.

(I don't know if these numbers are accurate, correspond to the crime numbers y'all are discussing, or if I'm reading those charts correctly. So please point out if I am not.)
The national numbers did reflect a spike

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
so, someone at least had the honesty to tell you that you were a dumbass at a young age. cruel but probably helpful
I wouldn’t say that but a healthy dose humble pie and a low tolerance for nonsense from a young age, keeps you from being a socially awkward adult. A adult, who detaches from social situations with alcohol involved to write on an anonymous message board. Worse yet, getting drunk alone and hopping on the anonymous message board for attention.

If said person is not taught how to consume alcohol and interact with others at a young age they turn into a miserable, lonely embarrassment.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DANC
I was hoping you would get the movie reference and get a kick out of it. My work is now done for day.
OK, now what movie is it? I know I've seen it, but can't recall the name - or even premise - of the movie.

The OP started a thread about the spike in threats to members of Congress since 2017, but it quickly turned into an intellectual argument about the cause and effect of inner city crime.

Inner city crime has always been a problem for a variety of reasons, probably including Democrat policies.

The reason for the spike in threats of violence against members of Congress and others, is because MAGA is a loosely organized domestic terrorist organization.

Yes, but you must also must take into account that Zeke is lying.

I ran the #’s. The likelihood of someone personally knowing 50+ people that have died of Covid is 0.00000001%
Lol. Show me exactly how you ran those numbers. Actually just found out tonight I knew another person. Obviously didn’t know them well or I would have known. Mother of a friend in Bloomington.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Lol. Show me exactly how you ran those numbers. Actually just found out tonight I knew another person. Obviously didn’t know them well or I would have known. Mother of a friend in Bloomington.
Just how many friends of friends of friends you didn't really know are you counting?

I just looked 787 people in my fairly well populated county died from Covid. I wonder how many of them I knew or knew someone that knew someone. 787 out of over 1/4 million and now you are up to 51? Anything you can do Zeke can do better lol.

Just how many friends of friends of friends you didn't really know are you counting?

I just looked 787 people in my fairly well populated county died from Covid. I wonder how many of them I knew or knew someone that knew someone. 787 out of over 1/4 million and now you are up to 51? Anything you can do Zeke can do better lol.
Zero. I’ve spent time with every single person. Probably well over 100 if we are talking about friends of friends or people I’ve heard of. I’m not counting people I was just introduced to, like family members of the girls I didn’t really know. You think knowing a lot of people who died from Covid is a contest or something to brag about? That’s on you. Just stating facts.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Zero. I’ve spent time with every single person. Probably well over 100 if we are talking about friends of friends or people I’ve heard of. I’m not counting people I was just introduced to, like family members of the girls I didn’t really know. You think knowing a lot of people who died from Covid is a contest or something to brag about? That’s on you. Just stating facts.
You sure think it is. You are plain and simple a topper, every thread about everything you know more people that died from covid, you know more people that this or that or anything or did something better etc.

You sure are bragging about it on here , now we are up to well over 100? Do you really even believe this yourself?

I bet you argue about the whatever it is 56 now? People that commit suicide or die that know the Clinton's is just a coincidence because hey, who doesnt know 56 people that commit suicide or die very mysteriously.

You sure think it is. You are plain and simple a topper, every thread about everything you know more people that died from covid, you know more people that this or that or anything or did something better etc.

You sure are bragging about it on here , now we are up to well over 100? Do you really even believe this yourself?

I bet you argue about the whatever it is 56 now? People that commit suicide or die that know the Clinton's is just a coincidence because hey, who doesnt know 56 people that commit suicide or die very mysteriously.
Cuckoo

You obviously are. 787 people died in my county of roughly 220,000 and you expect us to believe you know 51 people and over 100 that were people you know that know someone? Then tell us you aren't bragging about it. What other reason is there for you to keep going on about this?

You obviously are. 787 people died in my county of roughly 220,000 and you expect us to believe you know 51 people and over 100 that were people you know that know someone? Then tell us you aren't bragging about it. What other reason is there for you to keep going on about this?
I didn’t bring it up, Cray Cray. Do better.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
I talk to cops all the time.
Thru bars or thru the window of your car with flashing lights behind you? 🤣 🤣

Seriously, I always kinda chuckle when people throw out the word "friends" and attach that word to anyone they know. I worked with a lady that did that. Of course she hadn't been in contact with some of her "friends" for 5 years. Most people have very few people that are friends. They have a lot of acquaintances but not what I would call a friend.

The threats of violence and actual violence has increased for all of us. See Chicago, San Fran, St L etc. Threats are as easily made as posting on this website.

Until we know the trend of the delta between threats against officials and general violence and threats, I can’t take the Capitol cop message to seriously. Besides, we don’t know if the Pelosi attack was even about politics. The officials and media manipulated that story.
Where did the Pelosi story go?

Seriously, I always kinda chuckle when people throw out the word "friends" and attach that word to anyone they know. I worked with a lady that did that. Of course she hadn't been in contact with some of her "friends" for 5 years. Most people have very few people that are friends. They have a lot of acquaintances but not what I would call a friend.
You’re exactly right about acquaintances. I use the word friend many times when acquaintance would be the better word.

Interesting. People have different definitions of friends. As for me, I didn’t claim friends. I claimed people I know. As for friends, I feel like you can have close connections with someone, still be in and out of touch with them for years and still consider them friends. As a generalization, I think women do a better job of keeping in touch with friends from their past rhan men do.

specifically, THREATS of violence are likely spurred by Trumpism, in my opinion

As for scientific support, many many studies (for example those tracked by the anti-defamation league) show a steep rise starting in about 2017 in anti-Semitic threats, anti-gay threats, anti-"woke" threats, etc.

You can try to think of other factors that suddenly changed in January 2017.

One example, 2017 saw the biggest rise ever in anti-Semitic violence.
27xp-antisemiticgraph-articleLarge.jpg

This then remained steady (and crazy high) in subsequent years
images

Here's a recent NBC News report that discusses the rise in anti-Semitism since 2017

You talk about anti-Semitic violence and post a graph about anti-Semitic incidents. That’s why I’d eat your lunch on the witness stand.

As a generalization, I think women do a better job of keeping in touch with friends from their past rhan men do.
In my experience it is the opposite. I also think that, in general, the men I know have more friends and make friends easier than the women I know. I see it with my kids, too. My son has a bigger posse than my daughter by far.

In my experience it is the opposite. I also think that, in general, the men I know have more friends and make friends easier than the women I know. I see it with my kids, too. My son has a bigger posse than my daughter by far.
Because them women are out to get each other!!! They’re vicious. Cold blooded killers. They’re no good. Like Pomeranians

Last edited:
The whole thing was extremely strange. The MAGA Republican narrative was obviously bullshit.

Would kill to see that body camera footage. I’m sure we never will.
Who knows what’s bullshit and what’s not. Everything we’ve been told makes no sense.

lucy has a huge posse not sure what that matters.

Interesting . Total opposite from my experience. Kids make friends in school pretty easily no matter gender , but staying in touch and communicating later with those friends, I don’t see nearly as much as an adult.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT