ADVERTISEMENT

Threats against federal lawmakers have surged about 400% in the past six years

the last decade is immaterial. so without getting into semantics let's keep it simple. 2020 saw a spike even on that graph, and we don't know what crimes are classified therein. What's more every major city saw major increases if not record numbers of murders. new york. chicago. los angeles. the trend was bucked by virtue of the summer of love, we have a data point, just as we did in 2014, and dem policies and rhetoric, and covid. if you look at the data set for murders/violent crime the outlier is the year 2020/2021
Year to year stats are less meaningful, because they are more susceptible to random variation. The 2020 "spike" may just be an artifact. Hard to know until we see what happens the next few years so it has more context.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Honestly, none of the variation between 2014 and 2020 is even statistically significant, most likely. Violent crime has essentially flatlined, but the media would find reporting that boring.
Explaining the troughs might be more useful than the peaks. But, there are peaks that seem to, at least by time, correlate with pretty significant cultural touchpoints.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Year to year stats are less meaningful, because they are more susceptible to random variation. The 2020 "spike" may just be an artifact. Hard to know until we see what happens the next few years so it has more context.
Except it's not random. It was every major city. Causation you might have an opinion different than I. I know what it was that gave rise to the excess murders. Progressive Dems with shit policies, people losing their shit over covid, and a dearth of cops due to allocation cuts and early retirements.

If you're on the same page as CO in a math problem, that's a red flag.
My coach finally talked the counselors into allowing me to substitute origami class for college algebra. I mailed the assignment home and my grandmother sent it back and I got an A. Absent that I'd still be sitting in college algebra. I tell my daughter all the time math is no joke. you CANNOT fall behind because if you don't learn it from the beginning and build on it you are fooked

My coach finally talked the counselors into allowing me to substitute origami class for college algebra. I mailed the assignment home and my grandmother sent it back and I got an A. Absent that I'd still be sitting in college algebra. I tell my daughter all the time math is no joke. you CANNOT fall behind because if you don't learn it from the beginning and build on it you are fooked
The most important thing about math is understanding relevance, not understanding arithmetic.

My cell phone assures me I am RIGHT and everyone who disagrees with me is a threat to democracy and must be neutralized by any means necessary.

The knuckle sandwich no longer restrains us.

Absolutely. People lost their shit. Were already fired up. Then departments got cut. After the summer of love and cop hate cops took early retirement in unprecedented numbers and ain’t we got fun
Some of us got violent. Some of us went woke. Some of us started dressing like the Big Lebowski, staying home, "working" in our PJ pants, and drinking White Russians. I mean, some of "you" . . .

Some of us got violent. Some of us went woke. Some of us started dressing like the Big Lebowski, staying home, "working" in our PJ pants, and drinking White Russians. I mean, some of "you" . . .
yes yes yes. with the benefit of time passing i can clearly see so many signs that led to my demise. working from home in outfits that made me look like i could be subbed into a soccer game at any moment was certainly part of it. weight gain. honestly this stupid board. watching tv on the couch ten feet away from my stoker while looking at this stupid board on my cell phone wasn't conducive to positive "relations."

now i see it all. i see it all. and i'm on the path to being UNRECOGNIZABLE!! But guess what? so what! it's too late. she soiled herself with another man. a nobody of a man. so where do i go from here....

@DANC i'm weak

Last edited:
Sir, with all due respect.......

Mentioning The Big Lebowski in a comment and then not using Caucasion as the preferred nomenclature for White Russian is, quite frankly, beneath you.

Yeah I think your point misses the point. The urban centers where the lion’s share of people reside is what’s most germane. That is where the spike occurred. Factoring in Parkersburg West Virginia for the sake of dilution is silly. The latter is the outlier
That wouldn't work out--if the lion share of people live in urban centers and the spikes occurred there, then that would necessarily push up the overall numbers.

That wouldn't work out--if the lion share of people live in urban centers and the spikes occurred there, then that would necessarily push up the overall numbers.
And I trust it did. That's why we saw a national spike in 2020. One caveat is that I don't know what crimes they include in their definition of violent crime. there's recognized crimes but some of these graphs use different crimes

Except it's not random. It was every major city. Causation you might have an opinion different than I. I know what it was that gave rise to the excess murders. Progressive Dems with shit policies, people losing their shit over covid, and a dearth of cops due to allocation cuts and early retirements.
If only you had the numbers to back that up.

Using national data isn’t very relevant and not helpful when trying to figure if there are problems that need to be addressed. It’s like saying we don’t have a worsening fish contamination problem in the Great Lakes because there isn’t a worsening problem in Rocky Mountain lakes and rivers.

Reactions: UncleMark
I have the numbers reflecting the spikes for major cities in murders etc. Causation is subject to interpretation. As i related I have my opinion on what gave rise to the spike. Your position is coincidence or randomness. I'll take mine
No, my position is that we don't have enough info to draw a firm conclusion.

yes yes yes. with the benefit of time passing i can clearly see so many signs that led to my demise. working from home in outfits that made me look like i could be subbed into a soccer game at any moment was certainly part of it. weight gain. honestly this stupid board. watching tv on the couch ten feet away from my stoker while looking at this stupid board on my cell phone wasn't conducive to positive "relations."

now i see it all. i see it all. and i'm on the path to being UNRECOGNIZABLE!! But guess what? so what! it's too late. she soiled herself with another man. a nobody of a man. so where do i go from here....

@DANC i'm weak
UNRECOGNIZABLE McMurtry won't even care about that soiled woman. He (or will you be a she?) will have such TIGER BLOOD chicks will be lining up to sit with you and watch you castigate IUHickory and Outside Shooter: "Nailed him that time, babe! I'm so turned on. Let's f&*k!" WINNING

Here is your goal, your north star if you will:

UNRECOGNIZABLE McMurtry won't even care about that soiled woman. He (or will you be a she?) will have such TIGER BLOOD chicks will be lining up to sit with you and watch you castigate IUHickory and Outside Shooter: "Nailed him that time, babe! I'm so turned on. Let's f&*k!" WINNING

I absolutely loved that man during his tiger blood period. Fing hilarious. I can't remember the details but he had a "walk around" account that he'd use to just hand people checks. ohhhhh he had fun

Let's reboot West Wing with Charlie as prez.

@DANC i'm weak
That is one sad story.

@DANC i'm weak

You've got the hair meds now, things should be looking up soon

You've got the hair meds now, things should be looking up soon
i liked this girl twenty. damnit. and if it were a boeing or a danforth or something and she came knocking on the door and said i got put out, i want you back, i took my shot, go f*uck yourself, i'd probably so okay. but you owe me a bunch of backrubs. this. this is a total nobody. closer to a clown than anything else. it's the ultimate slap in the face. there's no return. soiled.

so i continue on my journey of becoming UNRECOGNIZABLE. and get spite rich

Reactions: twenty02 and larsIU

One of his girls, Bree Olson, is originally from Fort Wayne, or so I'm told.

#winning

We did. It was called "the Trump presidency."
I believe you are thinking of Martin Sheen as Greg Stillson in "The Dead Zone".

the-dead-zone-1983-martin-sheen-dzn-001-BKG75P.jpg

Reactions: larsIU
Unless you live in a city that saw record murders etc. The amount children here shot was heartbreaking
Which city saw record murders? Chicago's high mark was in 1974 it looks like. However things are definitely worse than say a decade ago.

Which city saw record murders? Chicago's high mark was in 1974 it looks like. However things are definitely worse than say a decade ago.
Most major cities saw massive spikes. Yes some saw record murders. Philly, Portland etc. And remember that’s breaking early 90s murders. Crack times

Any cop on earth will tell you when people are home and don't have shit to do that crime rates go up. The spikes during covid lockdowns were an unfortunate but expected side effect. Since the "re-opening" violent crime rates have started to go down a little bit. Still not where they were pre shut downs but seem to going that direction, right? Maybe I'm wrong.

Most major cities saw massive spikes. Yes some saw record murders. Philly, Portland etc. And remember that’s breaking early 90s murders. Crack times
I don't see any cities that made it back to those numbers from the 80s but yes most cities had significant spikes. Good news is it looks like most cities numbers have been falling since the "re-opening".

I talk to cops all the time. what you left out is the partisan part. dem policies and dem's contribution. anti cop rhetoric from progressives. defunding of police by allocating dollars elsewhere. less cops. more crime. bail bs. so we are moving away from covid lockdowns but we are also re-funding police departments and moving away from progressive policies. there's nothing wrong with the experiment. but the experiment failed
Any cop on earth will tell you when people are home and don't have shit to do that crime rates go up. The spikes during covid lockdowns were an unfortunate but expected side effect. Since the "re-opening" violent crime rates have started to go down a little bit. Still not where they were pre shut downs but seem to going that direction, right? Maybe I'm wrong.

@DANC i'm weak
She isn't soiled. She didn't sleep with me. Call her right now and tell her you love her. Tell her you found an old house and fixed it up for her.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT