ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Knight at the IUBB reunion...

30 or so years ago, that would’ve been cringeworthy. But Marty’s in his mid-50s now. I fail to see any issue with a mid-50s woman marrying an older man. It’s not like she’s a teenager.

That said, I have no idea about Ron Felling’s life or lifestyle. If he’s in a bad way, that’s a shame. But if he did in fact marry somebody his daughter’s age, they’re both well past the age where that would be problematic.
Why bring the daughter or your view of her into it at all? It’s irrelevant to Felling and his character or lack thereof.

Why bring the daughter or your view of her into it at all? It’s irrelevant to Felling and his character or lack thereof.
I didn’t bring her into it. I just said I knew her and liked her….and that there’s nothing wrong with an 80ish year old man marrying a lady in her mid-50s.

Both those things can be true — and they are — and Ron Felling can still be a bad man. I have no knowledge of, and thus no opinion of, his character.

Well, Alford’s kinda busy in his professional life. And Dakich and RMK hate each other. So there’s that.
Sad, as I think they both would like to see the other teammates and players, and probably both would relish seeing their Coach and having some sort of relationship there. I hope the next time they see RMK is not at his funeral.

PS, and I'm not putting this on Dan and Steve. Far from it, I think having a relationship with RMK involved a lot of pride swallowing and my guess is it's more on him, but still I hate to see it. Dan especially, I mean, he's in Indy. Steve is more understandable.

I assume Alford wasn't there since it's an open recruiting period and he's out there recruiting. Same reason you didn't see Smart at the reunion. You'd lose 2-3 days of time going to French Lick from anywhere that isn't Bloomington.

Sad, as I think they both would like to see the other teammates and players, and probably both would relish seeing their Coach and having some sort of relationship there. I hope the next time they see RMK is not at his funeral.

PS, and I'm not putting this on Dan and Steve. Far from it, I think having a relationship with RMK involved a lot of pride swallowing and my guess is it's more on him, but still I hate to see it. Dan especially, I mean, he's in Indy. Steve is more understandable.
I have no idea what Alford’s relationship with RMK is like right now. I haven’t heard anything bad, really. As much as anything, I’d guess Steve is just very busy. Being a college basketball coach is very time-consuming.

As for Dakich and Knight, the bridge is burned and the ship has sailed. Based on comments he’s made, I’d be really surprised if they ever spoke again.

Dakich and Alford themselves are still very friendly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT