ADVERTISEMENT

CNN: Steele dossier was bullshit

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
I'm exaggerating the title of this thread for effect, but it's not far off. When this first came out, it was fun and funny, but many of the most sober among us warned everyone that you can't take this kind of thing at face value. Even Steele said that only some of it was likely true. It was basically a rumor file. Now uber-liberal CNN (hah!) is reporting in detail just how rumor-y it really was.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I'm exaggerating the title of this thread for effect, but it's not far off. When this first came out, it was fun and funny, but many of the most sober among us warned everyone that you can't take this kind of thing at face value. Even Steele said that only some of it was likely true. It was basically a rumor file. Now uber-liberal CNN (hah!) is reporting in detail just how rumor-y it really was.

if it can't be proven, it must be BS, right?

Trump isn't beholden to Russia, kind of like Biden isn't beholden to China.

aside from anything else Russia might have on Trump, i have no doubt they have access to anything Deutsche Bank has on Trump, and the ability to pressure Deutsche into pressuring Trump.

massive bankruptcy level debt and massive corruption with no doubt a paper trail, make even the mighty easy picking for extortion.

we have done a beyond horrible job picking our highest leaders, but maybe those with the ability to do the extorting have had a say in that.

if it can't be proven, it must be BS, right?

Trump isn't beholden to Russia, kind of like Biden isn't beholden to China.

aside from anything else Russia might have on Trump, i have no doubt they have access to anything Deutsche Bank has on Trump, and the ability to pressure Deutsche into pressuring Trump.

massive bankruptcy level debt and massive corruption with no doubt a paper trail, make even the mighty easy picking for extortion.

we have done a beyond horrible job picking our highest leaders, but maybe those with the ability to do the extorting have had a say in that.
It's bad fiction compiled by Clinton flunkies. You gotta stop with that bs, brah.

You know what, I think quite a bit of people will give you shit for the post because of the way the discussion around this has gone from day one...I won't.

A silver star for coming around to reality.

It's a real bitch when you cannot trust anything that you are told. I just want you or anyone else that is reading this to try and keep this in mind the next time that someone's sources are getting attacked for not being mainstream. Sullivan pointed out in the article that has been posted here several times that the legacy media has been dead flipping wrong on some really big stories of late and they were dead wrong in the same direction. And the ones who got it right were the ones who were scoffed at as fringe conspiracy sites that aren't real news.

I think what CNN posted has been common knowledge for awhile. You get some acknowledgement for being one of the few on your "side" who will be willing to admit it. Sincerely, good for you.

Edit to add: I also think CNN is still trying to soft sell what happened here. "We were wrong but we weren't that wrong because see...." CNN pushed a lie that basically has broken the faith of a good portion of this country in institutions like the FBI. Although that may have been a good thing in the long run, with the FBI spying on parents for domestic terrorism now, maybe the faith in them needed destroyed.

Last edited:

We had a poster write a long post two or three years ago to support his contention that nearly all of the Dossier was verified and/or proven.

We had a poster write a long post two or three years ago to support his contention that nearly all of the Dossier was verified and/or proven.
A poster? You might be the only never-Trumper Republican or Democrat who did not call Trump a Russian agent based on the dossier, the Alpa Bank-Trump server link, the mysterious DTJr meeting, Clapper’s B.S. and Rachel’s manny summaries.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Reactions: All4You
Joking about a "pee tape" gave some of us some hearty chuckles for a couple of years there, but it was pretty obvious from the onset that the Steele dossier was a load of largely salacious crap with a isolated few kernals of truth. The truth being the open lines of communication between Trump campaign officials / family members and shady Russian characters.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
You know what, I think quite a bit of people will give you shit for the post because of the way the discussion around this has gone from day one...I won't.

A silver star for coming around to reality.

It's a real bitch when you cannot trust anything that you are told. I just want you or anyone else that is reading this to try and keep this in mind the next time that someone's sources are getting attacked for not being mainstream. Sullivan pointed out in the article that has been posted here several times that the legacy media has been dead flipping wrong on some really big stories of late and they were dead wrong in the same direction. And the ones who got it right were the ones who were scoffed at as fringe conspiracy sites that aren't real news.

I think what CNN posted has been common knowledge for awhile. You get some acknowledgement for being one of the few on your "side" who will be willing to admit it. Sincerely, good for you.

Edit to add: I also think CNN is still trying to soft sell what happened here. "We were wrong but we weren't that wrong because see...." CNN pushed a lie that basically has broken the faith of a good portion of this country in institutions like the FBI. Although that may have been a good thing in the long run, with the FBI spying on parents for domestic terrorism now, maybe the faith in them needed destroyed.

Agreed on CNN.....trying to recover some of their forever lost credibility,

The irony is it’s not really hyperbole to say that the Clinton campaign did more to try and steal the 2016 election than Trump or the Russians by funding the Steele dossier accusing Trump and the Russians of trying to steal the 2016 election.
Followed by the 3 year Russian impeachment hoax.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
A poster? You might be the only never-Trumper Republican or Democrat who did not call Trump a Russian agent based on the dossier, the Alpa Bank-Trump server link, the mysterious DTJr meeting, Clapper’s B.S. and Rachel’s manny summaries.
As much as I dislike Trump, which is probably as much as any Democrat here, I thought the dossier was likely 90 percent bogus.

Reactions: outside shooter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT