ADVERTISEMENT

San Fran Schools

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011

In a hot-button recall election, 70% of parents in the liberal city voted to recall the board members on Tuesday, according to the San Francisco Department of Elections.

Among parents' main frustrations were that the school board failed to address reopening schools during the pandemic, and instead focused their efforts on renaming 44 because they claimed they were named after 'problematic' American icons, like Paul Revere.

Both sides agreed that San Francisco's school board and the city itself became the focus of an embarrassing national spotlight.

One of the first issues to grab national attention was the board's January 2021 decision to rename 44 schools they said honored public figures linked to racism, sexism and other injustices. On the list were Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and trailblazing U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.

The effort drew swift criticism for historical mistakes. Critics said it made a mockery of the country's racial reckoning. Angry parents asked why the board would waste time renaming schools when the priority needed to be reopening classrooms.

Collins came under fire again for tweets she wrote in 2016 that were widely criticized as racist. In them Collins, who is black, said Asian Americans used "white supremacist" thinking to get ahead and were racist toward Black students.

LOL to the super woke Collins Asians are now white supremacists. No wonder even super liberal San Fran said enough of this nonsense.

Reactions: Lucy01
Many Asian parents were already angered by the board's efforts to end merit-based admissions at the elite Lowell High School, where Asian students are the majority.

As a result, many Asian American residents were motivated to vote for the first time in a municipal election. The grassroots Chinese/API Voter Outreach Task Force, which formed in mid-December, said it registered 560 new Asian American voters.

Ann Hsu, a mother of two who helped found the task force, said many Chinese voters saw the effort to change the Lowell admissions system as a direct attack.

'It is so blatantly discriminatory against Asians,' she said. In the city's Chinese community, Lowell is viewed as a path children can take to success.

Many Asian parents were already angered by the board's efforts to end merit-based admissions at the elite Lowell High School, where Asian students are the majority.

As a result, many Asian American residents were motivated to vote for the first time in a municipal election. The grassroots Chinese/API Voter Outreach Task Force, which formed in mid-December, said it registered 560 new Asian American voters.

Ann Hsu, a mother of two who helped found the task force, said many Chinese voters saw the effort to change the Lowell admissions system as a direct attack.

'It is so blatantly discriminatory against Asians,' she said. In the city's Chinese community, Lowell is viewed as a path children can take to success.
Yep. White supremacists.

AOC probably thinks they didn’t go far enough and that’s why they lost.
Asian's are now too successful for the woke leftist so we must now start attacking them as well. I know quite a few Chinese and the one thing that really will tee them off is if you try in get in the way of their kids schooling. They take it very seriously. You start imposing quotas on them you just lit the fuse to really upset them.

Asian's are now too successful for the woke leftist so we must now start attacking them as well. I know quite a few Chinese and the one thing that really will tee them off is if you try in get in the way of their kids schooling. They take it very seriously. You start imposing quotas on them you just lit the fuse to really upset them.

AOC probably thinks they didn’t go far enough and that’s why they lost.
I may not be book smart but I make my money in finance. I do very well. But I can tell you my wife is korean and when you go after their kids its a big deal. Education is very important to asians and our two kids are both smart as hell. They got it from her but dont mess with an asians womens kids period or their education. They will fight back big time like now.

I may not be book smart but I make my money in finance. I do very well. But I can tell you my wife is korean and when you go after their kids its a big deal. Education is very important to asians and our two kids are both smart as hell. They got it from her but dont mess with an asians womens kids period or their education. They will fight back big time like now.
It's white supremacists fault. Lol!

It all makes sense now one of them was getting a PHD in of all things race and inequality. LOL never even knew such thing existed. No wonder she is an absolute nut who call asians " white supremists".

eadSee new TweetsConversationCommissioner Gabriela López 🇲🇽@lopez4schoolsWorking through tears of joy off of this news💞 -
I have been accepted to the PhD program in Race, Inequality and Language in Education in the @Stanford Graduate School of Education!
Commissioner Gabriela López
@lopez4schools

So if you fight for racial justice, this is the consequence. Don’t be mistaken, white supremacists are enjoying this. And the support of the recall is aligned with this.
@daveweigel
Replying to @daveweigel
Suggesting that Asians weren’t committed to racial justice was one of the gaffes that motivated the recall; Allison Collins never recovered, despite apologizing, from these tweets. https://missionlocal.org/2021/03/alison-collins-school-board-tweets/

It's white supremacists fault. Lol!

The white "asian" supremists not doubt! Even the mayor supported this so she is now a white supremists.

Yep, most other ethnic groups of women don’t care what you do to their kids…🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
It all makes sense now one of them was getting a PHD in of all things race and inequality. LOL never even knew such thing existed. No wonder she is an absolute nut who call asians " white supremists".

eadSee new TweetsConversationCommissioner Gabriela López 🇲🇽@lopez4schoolsWorking through tears of joy off of this news💞 -
I have been accepted to the PhD program in Race, Inequality and Language in Education in the @Stanford Graduate School of Education!
Commissioner Gabriela López
@lopez4schools

So if you fight for racial justice, this is the consequence. Don’t be mistaken, white supremacists are enjoying this. And the support of the recall is aligned with this.
@daveweigel
Replying to @daveweigel
Suggesting that Asians weren’t committed to racial justice was one of the gaffes that motivated the recall; Allison Collins never recovered, despite apologizing, from these tweets. https://missionlocal.org/2021/03/alison-collins-school-board-tweets/
I'll throw this in here.....not about San Francisco, but an interesting take on our current situation

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT