ADVERTISEMENT

chick fil a

Nothing was better then a bowl of Raisin Bran after pouring some sugar on top.

I still do the Raisin Bran, just without the sugar.
My favorite cereal of all time was Honey Nut Cheerios. Just straight up with 1% milk.

Then I did a keto thing a couple years ago and realized just how much sugar was really hiding in everything. It's gross. Salad dressings....added sugar. Store bought marinades......added sugar. BBQ Sauce should be a Schedule 1 drug. Bread....sugar. Non greek yogurt is basically pudding. Milk.......ffs more sugar.

We Americans are so addicted to sugar and it's killing us slowly. I remember Arnold Schwarzenegger saying he never ate anything white (eg. salt, sugar, ranch dressing, flour) as it was all bad for you.

Milk.......ffs more sugar.
There was a case in Florida where a small family dairy was sued by the state for labeling its skim milk as "skim milk." Florida's definition of skim milk included a requirement for a certain amount of sugar to be added, and the dairy didn't add sugar to their product.

It's almost all bullshit when you get right down to it.

The Edinburgh Diner is famous for their HUGE and tasty breaded tenderloin.

I think a better one is at Miller's Tavern in North Vernon, though. The only drawback is physically being in North Vernon.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
My favorite cereal of all time was Honey Nut Cheerios. Just straight up with 1% milk.

Then I did a keto thing a couple years ago and realized just how much sugar was really hiding in everything. It's gross. Salad dressings....added sugar. Store bought marinades......added sugar. BBQ Sauce should be a Schedule 1 drug. Bread....sugar. Non greek yogurt is basically pudding. Milk.......ffs more sugar.

We Americans are so addicted to sugar and it's killing us slowly. I remember Arnold Schwarzenegger saying he never ate anything white (eg. salt, sugar, ranch dressing, flour) as it was all bad for you.
BBQ sauce. We are all Montgomery Inn. First, it’s the best. Second, while it has sugar, it is the only one I’ve come across that doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup. That shit is the devil.

Reactions: larsIU
BBQ sauce. We are all Montgomery Inn. First, it’s the best. Second, while it has sugar, it is the only one I’ve come across that doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup. That shit is the devil.
Yep, any thing we buy in a bottle now cannot contain HFCS.

We even buy organic ketchup (or whatever the Heinz shit is with straight regular sugar).

i wish I had the time to really to do an organic/whole foods diet, completely unprocessed. But I don't. Sigh.

I believe Stubbs is also pretty good and no HFCS.

We even buy organic ketchup (or whatever the Heinz shit is with straight regular sugar).

i wish I had the time to really to do an organic/whole foods diet, completely unprocessed. But I don't. Sigh.

How does your skin look? Have you seen improvements?

Great, still ugly as shit though so it didn't help that much.

****ing amazing man. Beard going gray but I"m still at 95% coverage and no grays up top. Go figure.

Same for me, but I'm starting to see some grey on the sides. Still a full head of hair though. I'm a baby face, so it is welcomed for no other reason then it gives my wife joy in knowing I haven't found the fountain of youth and not sharing.

Same for me, but I'm starting to see some grey on the sides. Still a full head of hair though. I'm a baby face, so it is welcomed for no other reason then it gives my wife joy in knowing I haven't found the fountain of youth and not sharing.
I will end up with a widow's peak sometime in the next 20 years. At which point nobody will care anyway, incluidng me.

Also, random thoughts: Being tall is really cool for about 35-40 years, then it just becomes painful.

I will end up with a widow's peak sometime in the next 20 years. At which point nobody will care anyway, incluidng me.

Also, random thoughts: Being tall is really cool for about 35-40 years, then it just becomes painful.

Yes!

I ache in places I didn't know could ache. Knees, back, feet, everything hurts at some point in the day.

Reactions: T.M.P. and larsIU
Cereal is crazy, the amount of foritification they do with viamins and shit is....kinda good. But they leaned into "a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down" a bit too much.

When i was younger my dad bought Cheerios and Corn Flakes (and store brand at that. Probably in a ****ing bag). We just dumped sugar on it.

I mean it. Big Sugar should be brought in front of Congress and be forced to answer for themselves and for what they've done to the health of the country. Same with the fast food industry. Just like Big Tobacco.
There’s a movie - “Unfrosted” - about the cereal wars. (Jerry Seinfeld & Melissa McCarthy)
I found it funny/entertaining.

Reactions: larsIU

You have to be careful. HFCS is a bad guy, for sure, but he's no worse for you than other forms of sugar. It's all about the amount of sugar, not the form. That's what really gave HFCS a bad name, it was cheap to add in volume to give otherwise boring products a kick (like sodas, and so forth).

Anyway, long story short, the Mexican Coke with cane sugar will kill you just as quickly.

Nothing was better then a bowl of Raisin Bran after pouring some sugar on top.

I still do the Raisin Bran, just without the sugar.
I haven't had cereal maybe this century. But if I did, it would be an adult cereal - Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries. You ever hear of anyone being a captain who isn't an adult?

So for the first time ever, I had chick fil a today. It has an incredible drive thru line, but it moved amazingly fast. The spicy chicken sandwich isn't spicy, but for chicken it is almost edible.

Why can't there be a BBQ place that popular with fast service?
Because there's nothing fast about good BBQ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT