ADVERTISEMENT

Charges filed against Flynn

twenty02

Hall of Famer
Jan 28, 2011
Making false statements to the FBI.

Edit: Appears this is part of a guilty plea he is going to make.

He pled guilty. We don't know what this means. One it could mean that there is no evidence of of a crime and we have a Fitzgerald/Plame/LIbby/Stewart type of deal. Or; two, it could mean that Flynn is a source of a lot of evidence of a crime and will spill his guts. The problem is, collusion is not a crime--so there is that.

He pled guilty. We don't know what this means. One it could mean that there is no evidence of of a crime and we have a Fitzgerald/Plame/LIbby/Stewart type of deal. Or; two, it could mean that Flynn is a source of a lot of evidence of a crime and will spill his guts. The problem is, collusion is not a crime--so there is that.

“Collusion is not a crime”. Well, shit, I guess we better stop this whole investigation and start moving the country forward.

Edit: Appears this is part of a guilty plea he is going to make.
I'm normally not an I told you so type of person. I'm really not. ( It may be hard to believe from my message board persona) but it takes every ounce of self restraint to not yell out to the few Trumpsters I know I told you so. Every freaking day. Lock them up. Throw away the key.

I'm normally not an I told you so type of person. I'm really not. ( It may be hard to believe from my message board persona) but it takes every ounce of self restraint to not yell out to the few Trumpsters I know I told you so. Every freaking day. Lock them up. Throw away the key.

Trump canned him for lying almost a year ago. What's new?

Does this account for trump's insane tweeting pattern over the last week or so?

And does he tweet to distract from the upcoming bad news or because it makes him slip off his pins a bit?

And does he tweet to distract from the upcoming bad news or because it makes him slip off his pins a bit?

No. "insane tweeting pattern" is about right. That doesn't go with deliberation.

The same tactic Beauregard uses every time he’s questioned about anything? Actually, now he’s just flat refusing to answer certain questions.
If what was being reported last night is correct (and what I understood it to be), that very well could end up being the smoking gun.

Flynn strikes me as the kind of guy that would be aware of how illegal that request would be and record the conversation as a security chip.

Yes. Every time he starts getting crazier than normal, something big is coming out. It's been speculated all week. Plus it helps to take away from what everyone should be concentrating on, the tax bill that screws most everyone that's being pushed through.

Trump canned him for lying almost a year ago. What's new?
What's new is that he's pleaded guilty to the FBI. Trump knew all about him and hired him anyway. Because you know, he's only surrounding himself with the very best people.

Flynn strikes me as the kind of guy that would be aware of how illegal that request would be and record the conversation as a security chip.
I’ve never been a Flynn fan but if he was really asked to do this and courageously and accurately testifies to it, he’ll be redeemed somewhat to me. Not that it matters to him.

Comey is doing a fine job of trolling the Donald. "But justice roll down like like waters and righteousness like an everflowing stream. " lol

Reactions: DrHoops
Comey is doing a fine job of trolling the Donald. "But justice roll down like like waters and righteousness like an everflowing stream. " lol

Comey is a self-admitted unprofessional wuss. His conduct of the HRC investigation suggests he's a way short in the smarts department. His misleading congress and the public suggests fundamental dishonesty. And finally his "leak" of the notes he kept as FBI director shows he is a chickenshit. Other than that, I suppose Comey is okay.

[Feinstein]“You’re big, you’re strong,” the veteran Democratic senator told Comey. “I know the Oval Office, and I know what happens to people when they walk in. There is a certain amount of intimidation. But why didn’t you stop and say, ‘Mr. President, this is wrong – I cannot discuss that with you’?”

[Comey]“Maybe if I were stronger, I would have,” Comey replied. “I was so stunned by the conversation that I just took it in.”

Really? The Director of the FBI is never the stunee, he is the stunor.

Why is it illegal?

Logan Act

§ 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

I wouldn't expect Mueller to charge anyone solely with that but it's been a law on the books for over 200 years.

Reactions: UncleMark
Comey is a self-admitted unprofessional wuss. His conduct of the HRC investigation suggests he's a way short in the smarts department. His misleading congress and the public suggests fundamental dishonesty. And finally his "leak" of the notes he kept as FBI director shows he is a chickenshit. Other than that, I suppose Comey is okay.

[Feinstein]“You’re big, you’re strong,” the veteran Democratic senator told Comey. “I know the Oval Office, and I know what happens to people when they walk in. There is a certain amount of intimidation. But why didn’t you stop and say, ‘Mr. President, this is wrong – I cannot discuss that with you’?”

[Comey]“Maybe if I were stronger, I would have,” Comey replied. “I was so stunned by the conversation that I just took it in.”

LOL

Reactions: DrHoops

Always telling what your big takeaways are.

shaking-my-head-gif-13.gif

Logan Act

I wouldn't expect Mueller to charge anyone solely with that but it's been a law on the books for over 200 years.

Yeah, I thought of that. But on its face there is nothing illegal with a candidate's agents meeting with a foreign government. Recall that another candidate negotiated with German officials about an address in Germany as a candidate. We don't know if there is a logan act violation at all.

The interesting point would be if Mueller's prosecutors have agreed to lay off Flynn's son in exchange for Flynn's cooperation. That would not be a plea bargain and could be getting pretty close to prosecutorial misconduct.

Yeah, I thought of that. But on its face there is nothing illegal with a candidate's agents meeting with a foreign government. Recall that another candidate negotiated with German officials about an address in Germany as a candidate. We don't know if there is a logan act violation at all.

The interesting point would be if Mueller's prosecutors have agreed to lay off Flynn's son in exchange for Flynn's cooperation. That would not be a plea bargain and could be getting pretty close to prosecutorial misconduct.

LOL

Logan Act

The conversation with the ambassador over sanctions is a textbook Logan Act violation. It's not even debatable. But I agree that's unlikely to end up in any indictment. It's just a step on the ladder. Making false statements and/or obstruction is where it ends for most potential defendants.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT