ADVERTISEMENT

Catching Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
The puke job at Iowa, loss at home to NW and no effort at PSU sealed our fate. With a tuff remaining schedule we’re fighting for 2-6 in B10.
Well stated. Teams who give up 20 point leads and lose, dropping games at home and then throwing up an uncompetitive clunker on the road in succession do not go on to win the league championship. Teams that find ways to win in winning time during close games both on the road and at home do. The former is IU and the latter is Purdue. Purdue is going by to win the regular season league title and by a long shot (3+ games). We just need to keep getting better game after game and get / stay healthy. If we are playing our best basketball at the end of February and into March, at this point, that’s what we want / need. Based off the last five games (sans Minnesota) we are trending very well. Now, a big test this week at Maryland. Let’s show up and get out of there with a win and then lock in on the Ogre’s from West Lafayette.

What has Purdue done in the tourney the past 43 seasons? You are actually trying to debate a situation where your team hasn’t sniffed a final 4 in 43 years? This is the ultimate in dumb.

Good morning venerable maestro

Your gif hath arrived

2e4cdb30-e7dd-43ac-87cf-d31234f09513_text.gif

Reactions: salient43
We aren't catching PU. If they'd stumbled this week @ UM and/or vs MSU at home, we might've had a chance and that would have still taken sweeping them. Losing IA, NW and PSU killed any hopes we might've had. And, I've watched a bit of PU early in the season and now. They are playing really well right now. Snapping passes, moving without the ball, their offense looks 100% better. If we don't come ready to play Saturday, we'll take an L.
IU will come ready for sure

Another thing you can do is press. That forces somebody other than Edey to have the ball more on offense, creates pressure, and reduces the time they have to get Edey the ball. If X was healthy, I would have loved to have seen him get after Braden.
Purdue has 9 regular season games left and is 3.5 games ahead of us. We have 10 games left.

To catch Purdue, we'd have to win out and Purdue would have to lose 3 of its last 9. Not very likely.

However, Purdue has dodged quite a few bullets this year winning by the following margins:

Marquette 75-70
Nebraska 65-62 OT
Ohio State 71-69
Michigan State 64-63
Maryland 58-55
Michigan 75-70

Purdue can definitely be beaten.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Purdue has 9 regular season games left and is 3.5 games ahead of us. We have 10 games left.

To catch Purdue, we'd have to win out and Purdue would have to lose 3 of its last 9. Not very likely.

However, Purdue has dodged quite a few bullets this year winning by the following margins:

Marquette 75-70
Nebraska 65-62 OT
Ohio State 71-69
Michigan State 64-63
Maryland 58-55
Michigan 75-70

Actually, if IU wins out then Purdue would just need to lose to one other team besides IU, since we would give them 2 of 3 of those losses.

Reactions: Stuffshot

Marquette 75-70
Nebraska 65-62 OT
Ohio State 71-69
Michigan State 64-63
Maryland 58-55
Michigan 75-70

So you would agree that a team that wins 63-60, 66-64, 74-71, 71-67, 64-69 and 72-67 could definitely be beaten? Purdue is plus 19 and the other team is plus 17.

IU will come ready for sure
Of course you will. The record book gets thrown away when the rivals meet. The grest 1974-75 and 1975-76 Hoosier teams were 63-1 and played Purdue four times. Purdue was 33-22 in those years and after a 104-71 win at Assembly Hall in “74-75 the scores of the next three games were 83-82, 74-71 and 71-67. There are few Gimee’s in the series.

Reactions: BleedinGold
Of course you will. The record book gets thrown away when the rivals meet. The grest 1974-75 and 1975-76 Hoosier teams were 63-1 and played Purdue four times. Purdue was 33-22 in those years and after a 104-71 win at Assembly Hall in “74-75 the scores of the next three games were 83-82, 74-71 and 71-67. There are few Gimee’s in the series.
It didn’t get thrown away in the early 90’s when IU kicked PU’s ass repeatedly

It didn’t get thrown away in the early 90’s when IU kicked PU’s ass repeatedly
Hard to crow about domination in a certain period when we're like what, 1-8 against them currently? Winning Saturday would be a nice statement.

If the Peacocks and the Mean Green can beat PU, then IU can as well.
Cheaney was 5-3 against Purdue but the ass whooping that occurred in 92 was easily one of my favorite non-tournament games. 106-65 and it could have been worse.

Yep, it was worse on March 8, 1969 when Mount, Keller and Gilliam ended the regular season in Mackey with a 120-76 butt kicking.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Yep, it was worse on March 8, 1969 when Mount, Keller and Gilliam ended the regular season in Mackey with a 120-76 butt kicking.
I would guess we are going to see a lot more of you here now that you got yourself banned on Peegs.

I was fortunate enough to go to both games in 12’-13’ when we beat you by 37 in Mackey and 28 in Assembly. Ouch.

I keep getting confused: do things before 1987 matter, like dusty old banners, or not? Only seems to matter when it reflects positively on PU. Got it.
I mentioned that score because those two games represent the worse defeats of both teams in the history of the series. Your five Banners are impressive and an achievement worth being proud of in the context of the game’s history.

I mentioned that score because those two games represent the worse defeats of both teams in the history of the series. Your five Banners are impressive and an achievement worth being proud of in the context of the game’s history.
well, none of you seem to get the irony that you all are posting here, while telling us we care more about PU, so I can understand not seeing the irony in discounting NCs in '87, '81 and '76 while crowing about something your team did in 1969. And, no one outside if older PU fans would even remember that, so I don't even know that it matters in the context of the game's history. Good team though!

well, none of you seem to get the irony that you all are posting here, while telling us we care more about PU, so I can understand not seeing the irony in discounting NCs in '87, '81 and '76 while crowing about something your team did in 1969. And, no one outside if older PU fans would even remember that, so I don't even know that it matters in the context of the game's history. Good team though!
Is there a Purdue site even available for these fools??

Did Des get banned for posting about Flory's top 3 of UK,KU,and Purdue on GBI?
No he got banned for his constant trolling. He only posted there in defense of Purdue, and never on another topic. It was determined there was no need for him to be around if that were his only contributions.

😂😂😂

😂😂😂

They sound scared

Cheaney was 5-3 against Purdue but the ass whooping that occurred in 92 was easily one of my favorite non-tournament games. 106-65 and it could have been worse.
Actually one of the lopsided win in series. Can’t believe they lost to Purdue later after a 40 point ass whipping.

IU fans post about Purdue on free board, then spend several days trying to explain how they don't care about Purdue. Rinse, repeat. Priceless.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT