ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clarke post game comments

Jssanto

All-American
Feb 15, 2019
New Orleans
Regarding the IU attendance:
“We play in front of 13 K every night. We will have 15 K when IU comes.”
She is a great player but I dont think I would like her if we ever met.
Why not say, yes, nice crowd, great for the sport, fans saw a great game, etc. Why the need to put down your opponents crowd?
I would like to see 15+ every game for us. Those that can, travel to Iowa.

Reactions: jmix and IUgradman
Why not say, yes, nice crowd, great for the sport, fans saw a great game, etc. Why the need to put down your opponents crowd?
One answer... CC... look at the scoreboard. That's the appropriate answer to that whiny crap nugget

Reactions: IUgradman
What else is there to do in Iowa City on a winter night?

Yeah, that sounds a bit snarky and condescending. Not a good look.

Reactions: IUgradman
Iowa's recent home game attendence # from box scores

vs MD 10,671
vs. NEB 13,843
vs. PSU 12,436
vs. NW 8,384
vs. PU 11,942
vs. Dartmouth 8,100
vs. No. Iowa 13,394
vs. MN 8,946

13K every night? No. Now and then? yes.

edit: the average for their last 8 home games is 10,965. Pretty good! Still not 13K every night.

Last edited:
It’s tough to readjust to the new paradigm with having IU being the top program. Much like some of our fans having trouble believing that Rutgers is now good.
well, for at least 1 night recently, they weren't good enough!

We're going to have 17k for purdue, so we've got her there.

I like Garzon-a 6'3'' Israeli girl. She's quickly becoming my favorite Lady Hoosier.
Living in B-town, my wife and I have been going to most home games since we got here seven years ago. My wife, who was a pretty accomplished high school post player😂, mentioned last night that she doesn't have a favorite. My personal favorite is Grace Berger. Her ability to just step up and get a score whenever the team needs it is just crazy.

Garzon is just a freshman. She'll be insanely good by the time she's done here.

Living in B-town, my wife and I have been going to most home games since we got here seven years ago. My wife, who was a pretty accomplished high school post player😂, mentioned last night that she doesn't have a favorite. My personal favorite is Grace Berger. Her ability to just step up and get a score whenever the team needs it is just crazy.

When I watch Grace she moves like (don’t take this the wrong way) a male counterpart. Very athletic. Very tough, quick, smooth athlete.

As a former post player, I absolutely love watching Mack play, her footwork is so good and makes it look easy. That said when they had media day at IU and Garzon posted a pic with the caption "I came 6000 miles to say F Purdue" she moved WAY up my list of all-time favorite Hoosiers!!

She apparently had some salt with her L.

I like Garzon-a 6'3'' Israeli girl. She's quickly becoming my favorite Lady Hoosier.
She's a darn good player for a freshman, though it helps she played on Israel 's national team. It will be interesting to watch her when she's a junior or senior.

When I watch Grace she moves like (don’t take this the wrong way) a male counterpart. Very athletic. Very tough, quick, smooth athlete.
And don't take this the wrong way.... She has the muscle tone to show for it also. :)

Her shoulders and upper arm muscles.... pretty much mimic a male.

Again.... not making a negative comment here... just realizing that she puts the time in at the gym.

As a former post player, I absolutely love watching Mack play, her footwork is so good and makes it look easy. That said when they had media day at IU and Garzon posted a pic with the caption "I came 6000 miles to say F Purdue" she moved WAY up my list of all-time favorite Hoosiers!!
FdcKZYmXoAQYj6-

And don't take this the wrong way.... She has the muscle tone to show for it also. :)

Again.... not making a negative comment here... just realizing that she puts the time in at the gym.
Noticed the same thing. She hits the weight room. Good for her, it's why she's a top-level athlete.

She has a natural build too. My wife has that type. She hits the gym and she’s in shape in no time. Good genes.

She strikes me as sort of punkish

Thought the same thing. I know it’s sexist so get offended if you must. But she doesn’t play like the stereotypical girl. Smooth and strong athlete. She’s fit as all hell and has some real power for her size. And mentally tough as nails. Was nice to see her smiling after the game. Had one helluva stat line last night.

I thought the same thing about Clarke, she plays "fast" like good male players.

Hey, it's all about the equality they've been fighting for all these years. It doesn't stop with no longer having to deliver your newspaper and pipe when you plop your ass in the Barcalounger after a hard day at the office.

Hey, it's all about the equality they've been fighting for all these years. It doesn't stop with no longer having to deliver your newspaper and pipe when you plop your ass in the Barcalounger after a hard day at the office.

I know what you're saying. It ends w litter boxes in the schools and a furry infestation.

Nothing has destroyed this country like feminism, child labor laws and the like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT