ADVERTISEMENT

Buckner vs Dolson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and that 1 million raise was genius. Dolson wrote in that asterisk of a 1 million a year buyout at the same time. He knew last year IU needed to move. We just didn’t see it. Looking like Woody is a control freak and many other flaws. So he baited him with that to get a more doable buyout.

It also(to me) looks like he’s trying to battle the political BS that’s plagued them for decades. Finally a guy willing to go nuclear. Right or wrong.

Ok, so Dolson's boss is the Pres, the Pres answers to the BOT, QB is the head of the BOT.
Can the BOT block something that Dolson and the Pres wants to do?
QB would have to have some others on the BOT in his camp otherwise he gets out voted - Right?
I am unsure how this is getting held up if Dolson wants to do it and the Pres backs him up.

I have been saying since he let Archie go that his guy is not the usual AD at IU.
Then he moved on Allen.
Then, IMO, he made a home run hire with CCC.

I LIKE IT!

The portal and NIL wiped out most of the "cheating". The whole thing is a free agency free for all now. The only way a school can "cheat" anymore is phony classes or grades...and even that has been excused. What else is there? The brown paper bags are legal now. One could argue that Pearl was "ahead of his time" when he got in trouble.
He got in trouble for a freaking cookout not bags of money. He also lied about it. The NCAA is just the worst.

Ok, so Dolson's boss is the Pres, the Pres answers to the BOT, QB is the head of the BOT.
Can the BOT block something that Dolson and the Pres wants to do?
QB would have to have some others on the BOT in his camp otherwise he gets out voted - Right?
I am unsure how this is getting held up if Dolson wants to do it and the Pres backs him up.

I have been saying since he let Archie go that his guy is not the usual AD at IU.
Then he moved on Allen.
Then, IMO, he made a home run hire with CCC.

I LIKE IT!
The money for the other coaches buyout from what I gather.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Oh and that 1 million raise was genius. Dolson wrote in that asterisk of a 1 million a year buyout at the same time. He knew last year IU needed to move. We just didn’t see it. Looking like Woody is a control freak and many other flaws. So he baited him with that to get a more doable buyout.

Once again, Dolson shows that he ain't the old IU AD!
I have seen on here MULTIPLE times about how it was ridiculous to give a 1M raise. Now maybe there is a method to the madness!

HUGE kudos if Dolson pulls this off!

One could argue that Pearl was "ahead of his time" when he got in trouble.
yes, and that person would be an enabler. Maybe the new rules are liberal enough to allow cheating to not be necessary, but my point is at pretty much every level BP has shown he'll step across the line. I'm not saying we shouldn't hire him, as I believe he would be terrific here and right from the start. I'm just saying recognize who you are hiring and think about how you are going to oversee him. My 1 management principle I try and never forget: when someone shows you who they are, believe them.

Reactions: RedFan1
Woodson still gets 12 million, it's just over 12 years.

And doesn't sound like he needs BOT approval to terminate Woody. He would to hire Pearl but what are they going to do not let him hire a new coach? Total boss move.

Ha ha. He does sub a lot. I'm sure that would be one of my first "bitches" about him.

One difference though...his teams play as hard, or harder, than any college program in the country.

I'm not a big believer that elite level, college aged kids, need a ton of rest...but when they play as hard as Pearl's teams do, a breather every now and then probably is beneficial.
The drop off between 1-5 and 6-10 at Indiana and Auburn this year is night and day. Pearl doesn't have a star player this year. He has a bunch of guys who all play hard when they are on the court without a significant drop off.

Anyone call Brad lately?
Sorry I know. Can't help myself.
It's 2024...phone calls are free now.

On a serious note....I was immersed in work for hours and just logged onto this site...damn missed a lot over the past few hours. We'll see how this plays out. Still not convinced Pearl would be my first choice. But then again, for next season, and beyond, CMW is not my first second or third choice.

Anyone call Brad lately?
Sorry I know. Can't help myself.
It's 2024...phone calls are free now.

On a serious note....I was immersed in work for hours and just logged onto this site...damn missed a lot over the past few hours. We'll see how this plays out. Still not convinced Pearl would be my first choice. But then again, for next season, and beyond, CMW is not my first second or third choice.
Logistically...and thinking critically on this... I'm starting to doubt that Pearl's camp would leak much of anything about him taking a new job, unless he's angling to negotiate a bigger deal.

He has a team, right now, that could make a Final Four run. He already has what he'd seemingly be looking for, at IU...he's already making 5 million plus per year...and I'm sure he could push that number higher with some leverage and negotiations.

I don't doubt that Dolson has some interest in him...I just worry maybe he's trolling us like the Harper kid did, to get some contract negotiations going.

Fair point.
Age be dammed.....Pearl is like a race horse. He will spend it on the court like a thoroughbred on the track...and won't hold back. Thats what I want in a coach at Indiana. Assembly Hall is tailor-made for the likes of a Bruce Pearl. He would rock the house. As my second choice...I'll take it...but I think we are chasing rabbits again. I am afraid that next year....Woodson is going to lecture us all about how we aren't taking serious enough the challenge of getting over the hump.

Saban retired at72. Still on top of his game.
Yep, it's not the age, it's the energy. Pearl has it, and Woodson doesn't. I agree with IUN, if we get 4-5 good years out of Pearl, we'll be back on a national stage before he departs. Heck, if he comes in and can convince most everyone to stay, I think we could probably be top 20 next year if he gets the portal guys he would want. The guy can coach.

Just for shats and gaggles.....can you imagine Pearl playing the AH crowd like a maestro? Getting the Hall fired up over a lousy call? It would be like a blood transfusion...watching him argue with a ref...as his players responded. Channeling some RMK.....wow. That would be nice to see.

I've posted multiple times on here that Dolson is WAY more decisive than we give him credit for. And that his hirings and firings since he became AD, show, to me, that he cares about IU athletics being good more than any other IU AD in my lifetime.

I actually think the Woodson hire came from that desire for IU basketball to be "IU basketball" again. But that came AFTER he acted decisively on Archie, faster than many thought he would...and AFTER he shot his shot with Stevens. And then when he ended up landing on Woodson, he thought out of the box in bringing Fife and Matta in. He cares about IU being good. And he's willing to act on that.

And so far, with the Allen/Cig transition...I couldn't be more impressed.

Now...nothing has happened yet. And its possible nothing will. But like I said earlier today, something is moving, and its becoming more and more apparent Dolson is creating the chatter. If nothing else, it makes me feel better that he cares enough to do something.
Scott came in swinging. He moved on Miller a full year before anyone thought he would. He moved on Miller as the new guy right after the Covid budget crisis and with a new POTU coming in. He then moved on Allen before anyone thought he would. The poeple here that called it a 'legacy" or weak hire were full of shit. The biggest one is finally gone and trashing us on the PU site.

As for Buckner's influence on the Woody hire...no one here knows to what level that is true. Quinn did us all a solid when Fred got pushback on firing Crean, he stepped up and helped make that happen.

Let's just see what happens.

Scott came in swinging. He moved on Miller a full year before anyone thought he would. He moved on Miller as the new guy right after the Covid budget crisis and with a new POTU coming in. He then moved on Allen before anyone thought he would. The poeple here that called it a 'legacy" or weak hire were full of shit. The biggest one is finally gone and trashing us on the PU site.

As for Buckner's influence on the Woody hire...no one here knows to what level that is true. Quinn did us all a solid when Fred got pushback on firing Crean, he stepped up and helped make that happen.

Let's just see what happens.
Been a wild day.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT