ADVERTISEMENT

Bryant Coming Back..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in from CBS Sports...
Thomas Bryant is returning to Indiana next Year..
Great News.... Go Hoosiers!!!
That's great news! I thought he was all along but it's great to hear that it's official.

Are we to expect a deeper run next year with all we have returning? Will anyone be satisfied with a sweet 16 or less and less than 2 big ten tournament wins no matter how successful our regular season is?

That's HUGE news although I thought he would be back. The front court will be similar to UNC's this past year

Reactions: MrBing
Are we to expect a deeper run next year with all we have returning? Will anyone be satisfied with a sweet 16 or less and less than 2 big ten tournament wins no matter how successful our regular season is?
Told you he wasn't going anywhere and Scott called it once again. What about Williams Scott?

Reactions: russelltodd
CTC is starting to get a few breaks and building a very strong foundation for an extended run of title contending!

We all want to get past sweet sixteen. In a one and done tourney you never know. Having Bryant back certainly won't hurt our chances. Getting a 1 or 2 seed would also help.

Some of us will expect but I think there is a group of fans who are content with sweet sixeteens. So no don't expect everyone one board with a deeper run.

Amen. Him, OG, Davis...with CH, JM, RoJo, JB JR, Newkirk, CuJo. Good times ahead!

Just in from CBS Sports...
Thomas Bryant is returning to Indiana next Year..
Great News.... Go Hoosiers!!!

Of course they are coming back. We told you this last month. He was only on one draft board in the first round, and that draft board isn't very good. Troy was second round....next year. Those screaming they were gone were clueless.

Don't give a crap about BTT (see all the Conf Tournament champs who lost in early rounds this yr), but yes -- at this point, with this lineup, we should expect final 8, or preferably 4.

Boom, lock Crean in for longer.

As soon as anyone finds a message where someone (ANYONE) says they are ok with only sweet 16's let us know. Until then, stop using that lame false statement. It just makes you look foolish.
They need their myths....let them be

Reactions: YOTHN
Top two big ten finish and elite 8 or final 4 as this is legit top ten team.

How did Michigan State's deep run go this year?

The NCAA tournament doesn't guarantee anything. You can have the best team in the country, but anything call happen on a given day. Bob Knight's teams underperformed to their seeding 12 times in his 29 years at IU. Think about that for a second. Over 40% of the time Knight's teams runs in the tournament should have been longer than they were, but they didn't. Yes, he won titles, but explain why in those 12 years he didn't go as far as he should have? Or Coach Izzo? or Coach K? Or name the coach and team. Because the NCAA tournament and deep runs require not only good teams and good coaching, but some luck, beneficial matchups, etc. There's a reason why Coach Wright couldn't get past the first weekend the last 6 years until this year, despite two #2 seeds and one #1 seed.

I don't think anyone is "content" with sweet 16s. "Not wanting fire Crean this moment" does not equal "content"

Spa has been back and forth on his/her support for Crean. He/She just likes to argue and throw comments out that have nothing behind them. I've learned to just ignore him/her.

Some of us will expect but I think there is a group of fans who are content with sweet sixeteens. So no don't expect everyone one board with a deeper run.
If you think anybody is satisfied with sweet 16 runs regardless of talent then you are crazy. Those who hate Crean's coaching believe that because they cannot see the forest for the trees.

1) Woo hoo!!

2) It should be Final Four or bust with that line-up but we all know if we flame out in the first round, his apologists will have a bucket of excuses and say, "Most schools would kill just to make the Dance every year."

Boom, lock Crean in for longer.

As soon as anyone finds a message where someone (ANYONE) says they are ok with only sweet 16's let us know. Until then, stop using that lame false statement. It just makes you look foolish.

Actually, lots of people have said it.

Top two big ten finish and elite 8 or final 4 as this is le
If you think anybody is satisfied with sweet 16 runs regardless of talent then you are crazy. Those who hate Crean's coaching believe that because they cannot see the forest for the trees.
Maybe you are not but there were plenty of posters talking that seemed fine with a sweet sixteen this last year. Its good to see a lot of you want more.

How did Michigan State's deep run go this year?

The NCAA tournament doesn't guarantee anything. You can have the best team in the country, but anything call happen on a given day. Bob Knight's teams underperformed to their seeding 12 times in his 29 years at IU. Think about that for a second. Over 40% of the time Knight's teams runs in the tournament should have been longer than they were, but they didn't. Yes, he won titles, but explain why in those 12 years he didn't go as far as he should have? Or Coach Izzo? or Coach K? Or name the coach and team. Because the NCAA tournament and deep runs require not only good teams and good coaching, but some luck, beneficial matchups, etc. There's a reason why Coach Wright couldn't get past the first weekend the last 6 years until this year, despite two #2 seeds and one #1 seed.

The excuses have already started......

You can't use, "It's a crap shoot" every single year.........

Actually, lots of people have said it.[/QUOTe

Go back and read the posts the day or two after we lost to North Carolina. There were a lot of people stating that they were very happy with the sweet sixteen. Hopefully that will change and they will expect more in the future.

The famous "lots of people"....

How about we just enjoy the good news this morning.

As you said, I'm all for enjoying the news but you're disingenuous to say lots of people haven't been satisfied with Sweet 16's....and that goes back to Knight's last 6 years.

Ok you win then! I am glad to hear nobody is satisfied with sweet sixteens. That means we can high very high expectations for this group. I am glad we are all of the same page.

Exactly.

Let's see all these people claiming, "We're never just satisfied with a Sweet 16" go on record they want Crean's head if he can't even get to the Elite 8 with this team.

I have to say that I'm more excited over this than I was over his original commitment. We've seen what he has already brought to the program in terms of skill and heart... but he can get oh, so much better, and now we'll get to see a LOT more of that upside going forward. [And no fretting over the next couple of months about what he may or may not decide to do!] Can't wait for next year's season to start.

Go Hoosiers!

1) Woo hoo!!

2) It should be Final Four or bust with that line-up but we all know if we flame out in the first round, his apologists will have a bucket of excuses and say, "Most schools would kill just to make the Dance every year."
Actually it is national championship or bust ...that is the reality... it's that way every year

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT