ADVERTISEMENT

Bryant Coming Back..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most here believe in striving to win the NC every year. But the fact is, it's not going to happen that often for any one team year over year. So not winning a NC doesn't mean the season as a whole is a total failure. This isn't all or nothing. If that is how you think, then enjoy the rest of your miserable life. Because even if we hire BS, you will be miserable almost every year with our crappy team.

I'd be thrilled with what MSU or UConn has done the last 20 years.

At some point you have to realize it's not going to get any better.

Some of us have already come to that conclusion. Other still think we're on the right path.

I would hope that if this coming year IU can't win at least 2 BTT games and a run to the Elite 8 (or beyond) it would tell folks that things aren't gonna change. By that time just how often do you have to watch the noon news to think the guy ain't jumping off the bridge during the 5 o'clock newscast ?
What if we win zero BTT games and get to the elite 8 are things going to change? It is very easy to say you expect this and this from the team but very rigid to completely overlook the circumstances that happen during the season that may change the dynamics of the team.

If you have been alive for 77 years and a IU fan you only have been happy 5 out of 77 years of the tournament so if you are only happy with championships you have been pretty miserable most of your life.
Exactly the point. Can't think boom or bust, but we do need some BOOM now and then or something is still wrong...

The expectations are high...who said they weren't ? Oh yeah...the myth builders did...

I guess you aren't reading IU Scott's posts. As long as we "competed" for the Big Ten title, he'd be satisfied with just making the Dance because it's "nothing but a crap shoot and really doesn't count for anything."

He's far from the only one.

Knight's last 6 years were lame and the vast majority of fans were perfectly fine with it.

Reactions: russelltodd
I think too many people forget that success and improvement is not always a straight line. That's been painstakingly true in IU's case the past 8 seasons. I'm sure there were plenty of Nova fans who were beyond disgusted with their coach at this time last year, after being bounced from first week of the tourney as a 1 seed. And I'm always amazed at how entitled some people sound, like they are the ones putting themselves out there on the line everyday to improve this program. I was all for canning Crean earlier this year, but then the rest of the year happened, and the future looks much brighter. We have a balanced, talented squad for next season, and tons of in state talent to recruit for years to come. Nobody has to be satisfied with Sweet Sixteens, but you're blind if you do not see the IU brand rising. Waves may make it a little further up the beach some years as opposed to others, but as long as the overall tide is rising, we will get to where we want to be. I foresee great things ahead.

I guess you aren't reading IU Scott's posts. As long as we "competed" for the Big Ten title, he'd be satisfied with just making the Dance because it's "nothing but a crap shoot and really doesn't count for anything."

He's far from the only one.

Knight's last 6 years were lame and the vast majority of fans were perfectly fine with it.
Never said I am happy with just making the sweet 16's but I don't call the season a failure if we don't win a championship. I said I would rather win the conference and lose in the sweet 16 than finishing 4th and going to the elite 8. I don't see much difference in losing in the sweet 16 or elite 8 so I would rather have an overall better season.

As for RMK last 6 years I thought he should have been gone two or 3 years earlier than he was.

Tell that to Duke, Kentucky or Kansas.

Self has won 12 conference titles in a freaking row and some fans are calling for his head because he didn't even make the Final Four with the # 1 team and only has one title.

Kaintuck or Duke would never put up with, "Hey, at least we made the Sweet 16" every year no matter how many conference titles they won.

I heard the announcers say many times during the Dance, "A team's reputation is set by what they do in March."

People don't want Brad Stevens because he "won his conference"......or Greg Marshall. People want them because they proved they can get to the Final Four with lesser talent.

I understand that is the current landscape, I was just stating my opinion. Would you rather have the Hoosiers resume this season?(Outright conf. championship, Sweet sixteen, top ten in final poll), or Syracuse that had 14 losses, 9-9 in conf. and a Final Four.

Ask any great team in any sport if "Just winning their conference" is good enough.

The Patriots, Lakers, Celtics....you name it.

It's all about Titles.

Period.

You think LeBron would be happy if he took Cleveland to the title game 5 years in a row and never won it?

The "best" team generally wins the championship in professional sports. Do you think Middle Tennessee St. could've beat MSU in a best of seven series?

You don't get to make stuff up to "win" a debate.

All those Final Fours would be ok with a Title thrown in.
So you would be miserable 13 of those 20 years. And forever before that... Would you trade MSU history for IU?

I am saying we have never had a sustain success like those programs have had over time. We have never went to back to back final fours and the most successive sweet 16's is at 4.

So what. I said duke and UCONN had zero titles combined in 1990 when IU had 5. So what. One more time History changes. The Redsox never beat the Yanks in the playoffs The Lakers never beat the Celtics. Nobody ever came back from 0-3 deficit in a 7 game series. That alll happened. Unfortunately the last 20 or years history has took the wrong turn for IU.

Thomas Bryant:
“Being a part of IU basketball is special and I’m excited to continue my development as a person and as a basketball player under Coach Crean,”

“The bond I have with my teammates and coaches is strong. Our plan is to continue to work hard and build off of the many great things we did last year and add to the tradition here.”

Reactions: ChampsAgain
Whatever, you need to find some new material. We have never been like them when it comes to our tournament history so why do you think now we can just snap our fingers and become to Duke or UK.

HE NEEDS to find new material, OMG, look in the mirror Scott. ANY time ANY one mentions IU as a blueblood or elite, you trot out, on cue, your tired old "we are not elite", "we are not a blueblood" crap. Pot meet kettle.

At some point you have to realize it's not going to get any better.

Some of us have already come to that conclusion. Other still think we're on the right path.

I would hope that if this coming year IU can't win at least 2 BTT games and a run to the Elite 8 (or beyond) it would tell folks that things aren't gonna change. By that time just how often do you have to watch the noon news to think the guy ain't jumping off the bridge during the 5 o'clock newscast ?

So, if by some HUGE miracle IU is on the right path, and the Hoosiers start a string of success that includes Final 4's ,etc...should you be allowed back on the bandwagon? Would you even want a place?

Reactions: becauseIknow
I understand that is the current landscape, I was just stating my opinion. Would you rather have the Hoosiers resume this season?(Outright conf. championship, Sweet sixteen, top ten in final poll), or Syracuse that had 14 losses, 9-9 in conf. and a Final Four.

I'd rather have a Final Four and a chance at a Title.

The wins number during the season is pretty meaningless considering we play Cupcake City every year.

Booyah!!!! Depth in the Front Court... Do you think CTC will put two bigs in at the same time OR... sub them out for one another.... that way he can continue his fast paced game style... I think the latter will be true... except not he will have the inventory depth that he needs to keep the momentum up... instead of periodic droughts we experienced this year...

PF/C Bryant / Davis
PF/SF Anunoby / Morgan
PF/SF Williams / Hartman
SG Blackmon / Johnson
PG Newkirk / Jones

Niego, Gelon, Green, Priller
==============================================
or go with a big lineup

PF/C Bryant / Anunoby
PF Davis / Morgan
SF Williams / Hartman
SG Blackmon / Johnson
PG Newkirk / Jones

Niego, Gelon, Green, Priller

Either way.. it's future is very bright....

You mean like how you made up the lie about Perea being punished further by Crean? Or that you're so unaware that you had no idea about what went on at Baylor? Sorry, but you have no credibility here.
OMG...i posted a link to a statement that stated that he was...uh...i know what happened at Baylor years ago...you continually make things up... get a life and stop with your trolling

So you want to compare tourney records of the coaches above and Crean's?

Do you want to deal with reality that despite a team being loaded and with a supposedly great coach (Izzo, K, Cal, Knight, etc) that teams fail to make deep runs each and every year?

I'm comparing winners to winners.

You don't like that analogy? Fine. Alabama football wins their conference every year but never makes the 4 team playoff. You think their fans settle for that?

Actually they don't win their conference every year. I prefer to cheer for a program that has some integrity in amateurism and college sports. If you are using Kentucky, Alabama, or others for which to compare, then you probably will be disappointed cheering for IU.

How was IU's run in 2015?
How about 2014 . . . OOPS!!

MSU was loaded. They had the great Tom Izzo at the helm. Why didn't they make a deep run? Ooops. Could it possibly be that there are no guarantees in the NCAA tournament, regardless of the quality of your team and the head coach? Is this a difficult concept for you to process?

Do you want to deal with reality that despite a team being loaded and with a supposedly great coach (Izzo, K, Cal, Knight, etc) that teams fail to make deep runs each and every year?

dude, you are truly insane. your justification for Crean not advancing past the S16 at IU is that even HOF coaches have off years? but they do have on years, right? when will our on year be? haha

tell us Crean is about to become something he's never been. you'd stand of chance of convincing some. don't tell us this is just the way it is, that all coaches lose early. we can look on wiki. this isn't rocket science. lol

OMG...i posted a link to a statement that stated that he was...uh...i know what happened at Baylor years ago...you continually make things up... get a life and stop with your trolling
You posted no such thing regarding HP and you were oblivious regarding the details of Baylor's troubles. You can't even remember what you posted! Too funny. And very typical.

Final four any day of the week and it is not even close.

Just imagine going to a recruit and saying, "Hey, we'll never go to the Final Four where you can be on the big stage of the most exciting tournament in sports but we'll have a 20 win season every year playing the # 280 schedule" and see what they say.

I understand - if I question the competency of our coach I'm not a "True" fan.

Jeeeesuz . . .

No, I was asking a serious question. You stated in that post that you had determined that the cause, with CTC, is all but hopeless. As long as he is the coach, it is a done deal that we have reached the ceiling. Period. You are not saying that it is unlikely, or even that it might happen if certain things were to happen. As far as you are concerned, IU has NO chance of ever having sustained success (whatever that definition is for you), ever, under Crean.

So, if by some miracle, you are wrong, how does that work? I'm not sure there are enough crows in the world for you to consume. I know you are a Hoosier fan, but can you ever really be a Crean-led Hoosier fan, regardless of what happens?

So what. I said duke and UCONN had zero titles combined in 1990 when IU had 5. So what. One more time History changes. The Redsox never beat the Yanks in the playoffs The Lakers never beat the Celtics. Nobody ever came back from 0-3 deficit in a 7 game series. That alll happened. Unfortunately the last 20 or years history has took the wrong turn for IU.
The problem is that the recruits does not care what we did prior to 1990 and since they have been alive those other programs are more relevant than we are.

Actually they don't win their conference every year. I prefer to cheer for a program that has some integrity in amateurism and college sports. If you are using Kentucky, Alabama, or others for which to compare, then you probably will be disappointed cheering for IU.

It was a question, Cletus, not a statement.

Are you saying MSU has no integrity?

HE NEEDS to find new material, OMG, look in the mirror Scott. ANY time ANY one mentions IU as a blueblood or elite, you trot out, on cue, your tired old "we are not elite", "we are not a blueblood" crap. Pot meet kettle.
Like I said in another post we all need to material since every thread turns into a pissing match about Crean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT