ADVERTISEMENT

Bryant Coming Back..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if we win zero BTT games and get to the elite 8 are things going to change? It is very easy to say you expect this and this from the team but very rigid to completely overlook the circumstances that happen during the season that may change the dynamics of the team.
It is about saving face now...Remember this is the one that said it was going to get ugly...

dude, you are truly insane. your justification for Crean not advancing past the S16 at IU is that even HOF coaches have off years? but they do have on years, right? when will our on year be? haha

tell us Crean is about to become something he's never been. you'd stand of chance of convincing some. don't tell us this is just the way it is, that all coaches lose early. we can look on wiki. this isn't rocket science. lol

Wait, didn't Crean already go to the Final Four? Yes, he did.

Secondly, you still can't comprehend the point. You guys are saying because the team is loaded, only a Final Four is acceptable. I, and others, have shown you countless examples of loaded teams with HOF coaches that don't even get out of the first round, let alone to the third weekend. That is all we are saying. There are no guarantees, despite what some of you keep stating. We all want to go that far, but having a great coach and great team guarantees nothing.

Reactions: iufanjet and YOTHN
It was a question, Cletus, not a statement.

Are you saying MSU has no integrity?

Your first part was a statement, claiming they win their conference every year, Cletus.

I think MSU has more integrity than Kentucky, Alabama football, the New England Patriots and some of your other absurd examples. I also note that MSU, with their great coach and loaded team, lost in the first round this year. There are no guarantees, Cletus.

MSU was loaded. They had the great Tom Izzo at the helm. Why didn't they make a deep run? Ooops. Could it possibly be that there are no guarantees in the NCAA tournament, regardless of the quality of your team and the head coach? Is this a difficult concept for you to process?
MSU was Denzel Valentine and really good role players - but if DV was out (early B1G) or had a bad game like MTSU, they could be really average.

Tom Izzo got everything that he could have out of his team. Can't say that about CTC - this year or the 2 I mentioned.

Reactions: russelltodd
Wait, didn't Crean already go to the Final Four? Yes, he did.

Secondly, you still can't comprehend the point. You guys are saying because the team is loaded, only a Final Four is acceptable. I, and others, have shown you countless examples of loaded teams with HOF coaches that don't even get out of the first round, let alone to the third weekend. That is all we are saying. There are no guarantees, despite what some of you keep stating. We all want to go that far, but having a great coach and great team guarantees nothing.

no, we're saying that over time not getting past the S16 (at IU) is unacceptable. There are no guarantees. I agree. But great coaches get there often enough to be called great. What are you not understanding about that?

but I get it. there are no guarantees crean can get as far as the best coaches in our conference. even over time when things average out, crean is still a victim of bad luck. hahahaha

great coaches do great things regularly. it's that easy. you are saying we have a great coach but just unlucky. real rich.

The problem is that the recruits does not care what we did prior to 1990 and since they have been alive those other programs are more relevant than we are.

I don't believe that for an instant. They can walk in and count the title banners hanging in the rafters. They can attend games as recruits and feel the atmosphere. They know the history and can google it from their smartphones. Your not giving them enough credit.

We are not Duke or UK and never had their tournament success so why try to compare us to those programs.
We were right there with them in the RMK era. That's long gone of course, but we were elite once. We're still a big name program in our own way though.

Just imagine going to a recruit and saying, "Hey, we'll never go to the Final Four where you can be on the big stage of the most exciting tournament in sports but we'll have a 20 win season every year playing the # 280 schedule" and see what they say.
It would never Bad
no, we're saying that over time not getting past the S16 (at IU) is unacceptable. There are no guarantees. I agree. But great coaches get there often enough to be called great. What are you not understanding about that?

but I get it. there are no guarantees crean can get as far as the best coaches in our conference. even over time when things average out, crean is still a victim of bad luck. hahahaha

great coaches do great things. it's that easy. you are saying we have a great coach but just unlucky. real rich.
Bad draws! The NCAA is out to get iu.

I am saying we have never had a sustain success like those programs have had over time. We have never went to back to back final fours and the most successive sweet 16's is at 4.

Ok, so then IU shouldn't strive for that since it's never happened in the past?

With the money invested in facilities, salaries, and recruiting budget, IU should expect results commensurate with that investment. The athletic department is a business, and that's how business works.

Wisconsin never had sustained success in football prior to Barry Alvarez or in basketball prior to Bo Ryan, but their fans have demanded it since. They're probably just not being realistic, though, right?

Like I said in another post we all need to material since every thread turns into a pissing match about Crean.

Crean had nothing to do with your post, just your incessant beating the "IU is not nor have they ever been elite or blue blood.". Which, by the way, is a bunch of crap but I am sure the next time someone says elite or blue blood you will break out your "facts". Why don't you just save that speech on your computer and then you can just cut and paste in the future.

Reactions: ChampsAgain
Even though this thread is mostly unreadable ..

This is awesome news. For starters, I can expect a top 10 - 1 ranking through out the year and another B1G title and a great seed in the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT