ADVERTISEMENT

$1M/year Severance Pay

Has nothing to do with money. IU has the money to buyout Woodson however they wish to allocate the funds. It's getting past Quinn Buckner and the optics of firing an alum after 3 years and 1 "bad" season. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quinn Buckner has absolutely hi-jacked the Indiana basketball program.

Has nothing to do with money. IU has the money to buyout Woodson however they wish to allocate the funds. It's getting past Quinn Buckner and the optics of firing an alum after 3 years and 1 "bad" season. Nothing more, nothing less.

It sure seems that way. Too many people have said it (or reported it) for there not to be some level of truth in there.

If Woody stays for year 4, Dolson needs to publicly demand Buckner take Armond Hill’s spot on the bench. They’re both old men who have incredibly bad coaching records. Even swap. And QB can see up close and personal what he’s done to his supposedly beloved university.

It sure seems that way. Too many people have said it (or reported it) for there not to be some level of truth in there.

If Woody stays for year 4, Dolson needs to publicly demand Buckner take Armond Hill’s spot on the bench. They’re both old men who have incredibly bad coaching records. Even swap. And QB can see up close and personal what he’s done to his supposedly beloved university.
I think 80% of people are just repeating what they've heard. I'd guess that Buckner might have suggested/recommended Woodson when the Stevens deal blew up. And that probably did carry some weight with Dolson. But did Buckner demand that Woodson be hired? I'm doubtful, but I guess it's possible.

In the emotional roller coaster world of trying to read the tea leaves...for some reason...in the last few days it does seem like there's more chatter that its possible a move is in the works.

One thing I've learned since the Sampson hiring, however, is I'm almost always surprised by timing, choices, etc... So who knows. Trilly's hotseat post...I saw a Twitter post about burner phones being active in Bloomington...

Obviously there's just as much smoke, probably more, on the other side that QB and his group, will dictate another year.

I just want IU to be consistenly good again. Its been a minute or two...

No Lump Sum Required

This Star article is interesting. Makes booting Woody much easier, I think.
The leaks are all over the place now regarding IU an Pearl. Clearly coordinatied and seems pretty clear Dolson wants to move on. I dont thing it matters at this point how woodson finishes the season sounds like Dolson already made up his mind but he has to get past the quinn hurdle.. That is the reason for the leaks imo.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
The leaks are all over the place now regarding IU a Pearl. Clearly coordinatied and seems pretty clear Dolson wants to move on. I dont thing it matters at this point how woodson finishes the season sounds like Dolson already made up his mind but he has to get past the quinn hurdle.. That is the reason for the leaks imo.
Makes Dolson able to say I told you so.

After 25 years of irrelevancy and bad hires, it’s ok to hurt some feelings if you can land a good coach who has a track record of success
Accordng to Trilly Donovan who many people follow and claim to be very credible he says there would be a mass player exodus if woodson is brought back. And that would include TG, MM, and MR. So I mean sure bring him back but sounds like woodson would need like 8-10 portal players just to field a team next year.

Accordng to Trilly Donovan who many people follow and claim to be very credible he says there would be a mass player exodus if woodson is brought back. And that would include TG, MM, and MR. So I mean sure bring him back but sounds like woodson would need like 8-10 portal players just to field a team next year.
yikes. The exact opposite of when RMK was dismissed. If this is true....next 3 weeks will be interesting.

I am actually pretty excited to think Dolson might be behind this latest little news. But it's pretty obvious we are going to win the damn Big Ten Tourney now. Don't you think?

Tired Sport GIF by Vanderbilt Athletics

• Haha
Reactions: kkott and Vern Pain
The leaks are all over the place now regarding IU an Pearl. Clearly coordinatied and seems pretty clear Dolson wants to move on. I dont thing it matters at this point how woodson finishes the season sounds like Dolson already made up his mind but he has to get past the quinn hurdle.. That is the reason for the leaks imo.
"We" are all going to see the same Twitter type leaks, partly because we're looking for them, and it can make it seem like they're all over the place... And I have to admit, there are enough people on this, that are usually pretty plugged in to things, that there just about has to be "something" going down.

But until there's some official stuff...I'll be wary its going to be much a do about "nothing".

"We" are all going to see the same Twitter type leaks, partly because we're looking for them, and it can make it seem like they're all over the place... And I have to admit, there are enough people on this, that are usually pretty plugged in to things, that there just about has to be "something" going down.

But until there's some official stuff...I'll be wary its going to be much a do about "nothing".
The big one for me is the coordinated buyout one. Dolson is a fecking genius. He wrote in that 1 million a year buyout with a gainful employment clause. He baited woody. Crazy!

It's an administrative issue that starts directly at the top. You almost have to try to be this incompetent going on 3 decades.

I call BS.

Convince me - show me specific examples of what has been done by the "administration" to cause the problems the program has endured. Don't give me generic, "Everyone knows the problem" and that crap either.

This is a post I made to Tammany Hall

Ah yes, the nebulous bogey man - the Administration!!

Of course, I bet, that VERY few of the people in all levels at IU, are still involved that were here when RMK was fired but don't let that keep you from a good rant. What, we are on our 4th pres and like 5th AD. Seriously doubt any Trustees are the same.

So, do they have a secret manual hidden in the administration building behind a fake panel or under a loose floorboard? I assume that book is titled - How to keep the basketball program in it's place! And they pass it on from year to year to each successive pres and AD.

Never mind, the millions of dollars spent on upgrading Assembly hall, coaches salaries, etc.. That is just cover for a bigger plot to keep IU basketball down.

Good grief.

I call BS.

Convince me - show me specific examples of what has been done by the "administration" to cause the problems the program has endured. Don't give me generic, "Everyone knows the problem" and that crap either.

This is a post I made to Tammany Hall
Which one you want?

-Adam Herbert overriding Rick Greenspan's choice of John Belein and forcing the hiring of Kelvin Sampson

-Hiring a coach on probation and not being prepared to go down with the ship, self-sabotaging the program in the process

-Hiring a lawyer out of Indianapolis with ZERO experience running an athletic department

-Letting said lawyer give Tom Crean a 10 year extension without winning a single thing of record

-Quinn Buckner forcing his hand in getting his buddy Mike Woodson hired who had ZERO qualifications coaching collegiately for the sake of collecting a retirement check.

That's just basketball. Do you want football or is my point clear?

I am not looking for them I only see what others repost and only take serious ones reposted by legit guys. Now woodson may end up coming back but it certainly does not seem that this stuff is much to do about nothing. For thos that think " woodson is the guy" of course they will not believe any of it and will shoot down any rumor claiming players are leaving as crazy talk cause how could any good player leave woodson.

I am actually pretty excited to think Dolson might be behind this latest little news. But it's pretty obvious we are going to win the damn Big Ten Tourney now. Don't you think?

Tired Sport GIF by Vanderbilt Athletics
Not in a million years. We have the worst overall record in the BTT of any team in history I think. One thing I know for certain each spring is we are not winning the BTT. Think about it woodson would have to string together four great games and four straight wins.

• Haha
Certainly sounds like it will be the the leaks are coming from legit online guys and not some random poster nobody every heard about. I guess rabjohns has really been going after woodson also in the premium forum of peegs.
I don't post on btb but occasionally check in for intel. It's a Fckn firestorm over there right now. Has been since early this morning.

I am not looking for them I only see what others repost and only take serious ones reposted by legit guys. Now woodson may end up coming back but it certainly does not seem that this stuff is much to do about nothing. For thos that think " woodson is the guy" of course they will not believe any of it and will shoot down any rumor claiming players are leaving as crazy talk cause how could any good player leave woodson.
This one is way different. This stuff is coming from the more official channels. It’s actually crazy.

Which one you want?

-Adam Herbert overriding Rick Greenspan's choice of John Belein and forcing the hiring of Kelvin Sampson

-Hiring a coach on probation and not being prepared to go down with the ship, self-sabotaging the program in the process

-Hiring a lawyer out of Indianapolis with ZERO experience running an athletic department

-Letting said lawyer give Tom Crean a 10 year extension without winning a single thing of record

-Quinn Buckner forcing his hand in getting his buddy Mike Woodson hired who had ZERO qualifications coaching collegiately for the sake of collecting a retirement check.

That's just basketball. Do you want football or is my point clear?

And only one of those involved this administration and QB's term ends next year.
People involved with every other example you gave are GONE. In fact, with most of the examples you gave IU is multiple people past that time. Multiple Presidents, multiple AD's.
Dolson is proving to me that he ain't your ordinary IU AD.

RMKfan1 said once that there is nothing special in the water in Bton that makes a good BBall program.
I will paraphrase that and say there is nothing in the water in Bton that makes people incompetent.

And only one of those involved this administration and QB's term ends next year.
People involved with every other example you gave are GONE. In fact, with most of the examples you gave IU is multiple people past that time. Multiple Presidents, multiple AD's.

RMKfan1 said once that there is nothing special in the water in Bton that makes a good BBall program.
I will paraphrase that and say there is nothing in the water in Bton that makes people incompetent.
Incompetence breeds incompetence.

When you've been this mediocre for as long as this program has spanning multiple presidents, multiple AD's and multiple heads of BoT.....it's a systemic issue.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I, for one, am not letting my wishes and hopes trump reality; I've been to this rodeo before. IU will sneak into the NIT and all will be well. I'll be shocked if Dolson makes a move.

• Sad

I agree. I’m not sure we disagree too much for what it’s worth. Maybe I’m wrong.

I think our constant issue the last 25 years is governance and structure. Not really people, though Glass and Dolson were short on AD experience, that’s not the main issue. Governance issues cause problems regardless of people.

The AD is in charge of basketball and picks the coach. Period no exceptions. The AD knows coaches, the President and BoT don’t. The President and BoT should support the ADs decision barring something like a background check issue.

If the President and BoT don’t like the bball results, then the President replaces the AD. The President and BoT should only be influencing bball via who they hire as AD. This is basic management and governance.

What happens is our Presidents and BoTs get involved in the coaching searches (and probably other stuff) when that is the AD’s job. They can’t help themselves because it’s bball at IU. This leads to bad decision making because Presidents and the BoT are not skilled in building bball programs. The AD is.

We have this issue now. Dolson is fighting with people trying to do his job. Good luck Scott, I appreciate it. We have to trust our ADs.

The big one for me is the coordinated buyout one. Dolson is a fecking genius. He wrote in that 1 million a year buyout with a gainful employment clause. He baited woody. Crazy!
Gotta be honest, that’s a helluva bait! I’d have taken it just as fast as Woody did. 😂

I don't post on btb but occasionally check in for intel. It's a Fckn firestorm over there right now. Has been since early this morning.
Yes it that is where I see alot of info. They have several connected guys on that site who are right more often than not. Ceartainly seems like Dolson wants to make a move but good old quinn wants his boy back no matter what.

I mean maybe this is a dumb take, but wouldn’t Woodson have his lawyers look at this first as well? I have a hard time believing this was “snuck” in.

I mean maybe this is a dumb take, but wouldn’t Woodson have his lawyers look at this first as well? I have a hard time believing this was “snuck” in.
Yea. I think it was a nice move by Scott, but in exchange for this Woody got another $1.2M per year and if fired another $3-4M in buyout. Sounds like Scott wasn’t pushing for this raise, which I hope is true, and would make sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT