ADVERTISEMENT

Braden Smith or Luke Brown!

Smith, although like Brown, it still is debatable whether he can defend at the high major level.

He's played for a 4A team for 2 years now, is entering his junior year, is a pass first point and is expected to grow another couple inches (his dad is 6'3). He shot 42% his freshman year from 3 and I believe 40% this year while while averaging over 18 a game.

What Smith has going for him though is he is still young though. He's only a junior so he's still growing. He's got time. He's someone to definitely keep a eye on.

Reactions: jiouhyu and 76-1
Smith, although like Brown, it still is debatable whether he can defend at the high major level.

He's played for a 4A team for 2 years now, is entering his junior year, is a pass first point and is expected to grow another couple inches (his dad is 6'3). He shot 42% his freshman year from 3 and I believe 40% this year while while averaging over 18 a game.

What Smith has going for him though is he is still young though. He's only a junior so he's still growing. He's got time. He's someone to definitely keep a eye on.[/Q Yes,but smaller guards or very quick and elusive sometime and hard to guard, cut both ways.

IU had Roth,Leary, and several others from the bench that were sharpshooters but bad on defense.They did okay with them.

Reactions: ufo33
I've seen Brown play a couple of times, and to be honest I don't know how well he plays defense. Blackford played a 2-3 zone with him out front. It could ill-afford to have him on the bench in foul trouble. Blackford also beat an 18-5 Tipton team in the sectional final, and rather handily. It was never closer than 10 points in the second half.

If Luke Brown would take a Preferred Walk-On at IU, I wonder if he would take it, like McRoberts.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT