ADVERTISEMENT

You give….

You don't deserve respect - you are some message board pretend tough guy. It's too bad you can't see your own fan base is laughing at you right in front of your face. Literally nobody cares what you say - again with the fake self importance. Why would they? That's the best part - you actually think fans on a message board are waiting for your next brilliant post when they actually say - "please ignore this guy he's a moron!" Enjoy your fantasy island Tatu - sadly I think that's all you've got!
Sobbing meltdowns are funny.

Actually, in some ways, there are some similarities.
1) Painter took over a team that was generally considered a good program but was not doing well at the time (Keady's last year was fairly crappy). Woodson was taking over an Indiana program that had gotten stagnant under Archie.
2) Painter had a bad first year, but then he picked up the Hummel / Moore / Johnson class, who were really good players and then had some success. Woodson had some pretty high ranked players (TJD, JHS) and got his team to 3rd place last year.
3) Painter had Hummel an extra year, but once all of that first batch of great players was out the door, Purdue tanked for a couple of years. Woodson is kinda experiencing the same thing now that TJD and JHS are gone. Things would have likely been much better if JHS had stuck around for four years.

So the question is, do you have faith that Woodson can turn it around like Painter did (perhaps learning some hard lessons in the process) and stick with him, or do you cut bait and try and find the next diamond in the rough that can get the current group of guys to play better together?
Painter was in his 30's when he took over, Woodson is ready for Social Security and Medicare! What do you think?

I'm not comparing the 2. I just don't think Smith is all that. He's the Trent Dilfer of BIG point guards.
16 assists for Smith last night. Those who are comparing Smith and Cupps are beginning to remind me of those comparing Lander and Ivey.

But Cupps will continue to develop. If X misses any time, he will be needed in the next couple games.

Reactions: BleedinGold
16 assists for Smith last night. Those who are comparing Smith and Cupps are beginning to remind me of those comparing Lander and Ivey.

But Cupps will continue to develop. If X misses any time, he will be needed in the next couple games.
Check your freaking reading skills before you reply to anything.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy

Cupps has 30 assists for the season. And since this will trigger those who say the comparison should be to freshman year Smith - Smith had over 150 assists last year. We should just let Cupps develop into a decent backup guard. And stop this comparison. That is his destiny and that is ok. We have to recruit over him.
Smith is going to be in the NBA someday.

Reactions: ndhuntington

In my 8th decade and I could get 16 A's with Lurch setting up housekeeping in the paint. It ain't all Smith by a long shot. Figures lie, and lies figure.

Cupps has 30 assists for the season. And since this will trigger those who say the comparison should be to freshman year Smith - Smith had over 150 assists last year. We should just let Cupps develop into a decent backup guard. And stop this comparison. That is his destiny and that is ok. We have to recruit over him.
Smith is going to be in the NBA someday.
Smith NBA? Lol

Smith had a very good freshman campaign. Even better this year. Cupps is a solid player who could be a nice 4 year player. No comparison between the two at this point.

In fact, Smith is having a much better year than X, but X can’t get out of the way of himself.
I think Cupps is going to be a solid player next year- I hope he doesn't get discouraged by getting thrown to the wolves this season, and heads to the portal after the season is over.

If you don't think Smith is all that great you haven't watched Smith play.
I don't like Smith at all. He plays impressively hard all game, but I think a smart defender who has the speed can rattle him easily. I find him to be out of control on most of his drives looking for bailouts. Unfortunately Indiana plays really dumb basketball and we give him the bailouts to make him look heroic.

Reactions: DANC
I don't like Smith at all. He plays impressively hard all game, but I think a smart defender who has the speed can rattle him easily. I find him to be out of control on most of his drives looking for bailouts. Unfortunately Indiana plays really dumb basketball and we give him the bailouts to make him look heroic.
Smith is legit, we would love to have him at Iu.

I think you have Smith and Galloway mixed up

Reactions: bsmitty08
I do believe Smith is good and better than last year, but I still think he will be frustrated either by really quick guards or a big talented guard like Jalen Hood did last year. He and Edey make a good tandem although I believe that Jones is the glue that holds PU together. I would not compare Cupps to Smith at this point but just like you are happy with what Smith does for PU I will be happy to have Cupps for four years hopefully at IU.
Like how he was frustrated against Zona, Alabama, Marquette, Gonzaga, and Illinois? You have teams with bigger and more athletic guards than these teams? You might want to check his stat lines in these games.

JFC he went for 27/5/8 against Bama with one TO. The next game he went out and scored 26 against AZ. Out of the Top 10 teams in the country the only off game he had was Tenn and that was mostly bad shooting on a back-to-back. 53 freaking points against 2 of the most athletic teams in the country. Do you watch basketball?

He's been solid this year. But I'll be more impressed if he posts those numbers next year WITHOUT Edey.
I'm betting it'll be down slightly but close to a wash.

Without Edey, unless the team scoring drops significantly, those assists have to go somewhere. And Smith looks like a guard who will be able to dish within the flow of an offense.
. But he may also need to take a larger scoring role, and older and more experienced that would be natural anyway. So an assist or two may be his buckets instead.

But it's true he will be getting more defensive attention from good athletic defenders. Opposing coaches aren't dumb.

Just a dumb take

Ask Arizona what they think of Smith. Smith is a top 5 PG in the country.

12.7 points (47.1% FG / 42.3% 3P)
5.6 Reb
7.1 Assists

You’re in complete denial due to iu being completely awful.

When’s the last time iu had a player with those stat lines??

Reactions: 3ZSDAD
Just a dumb take

5.6 Reb
7.1 Assists

yogi

Reactions: Spartans9312
Just a dumb take

5.6 Reb
7.1 Assists

The great one, Yogi Ferrell averaged 14.5 pts 3.2 rebounds and 4.6 assists for his 4 year career at IU. As a senior he averaged 17.3 points 3.8 rebounds and 5.6 assists.

Reactions: IUbball_lifer
Like how he was frustrated against Zona, Alabama, Marquette, Gonzaga, and Illinois? You have teams with bigger and more athletic guards than these teams? You might want to check his stat lines in these games.

JFC he went for 27/5/8 against Bama with one TO. The next game he went out and scored 26 against AZ. Out of the Top 10 teams in the country the only off game he had was Tenn and that was mostly bad shooting on a back-to-back. 53 freaking points against 2 of the most athletic teams in the country. Do you watch basketball?
Well, no one thought you would lose to 14, 15 and 16 seeds but you did. Jalen Hood made Smith look like a middle schooler last year. Those were regular season games and don't mean anything come tournament. You have 0 chance of putting six games together and if one of those three has a really bad game forget it you could lose to a sixteen seed again.

Culture is developed over time, it's not instant. So, you're comparing a 3rd year coach taking over a defunct dysfunctional program with a 19th year coach that was nurtured into the position of a program that had been functional beforehand. Not a logical comparison.
What’s your opinion of the job Woodson has done and is currently doing?

If you were Dolson what would you do regarding the MBB program going forward?

The great one, Yogi Ferrell averaged 14.5 pts 3.2 rebounds and 4.6 assists for his 4 year career at IU. As a senior he averaged 17.3 points 3.8 rebounds and 5.6 assists.
And still two of those three stats were less than smith and that’s Yogi as a senior and smith as a sophomore.

So so delusional

Reactions: Joetboiler
What’s your opinion of the job Woodson has done and is currently doing?

If you were Dolson what would you do regarding the MBB program going forward?
1. Doesn't matter .. the scoreboard speaks for itself.

2. Retire, move to the country, plant a little garden, and not worry about stupid shit.

And still two of those three stats were less than smith and that’s Yogi as a senior and smith as a sophomore.

So so delusional
Yogi was a constant threat to score. Smith will never be close to the level of Yogi’s shooting and scoring. And Smith is a good passer, but obviously his assist rate will fall off after Lurch.
And on the defensive end, Smith could only dream of being able to guard like Yogi.

Yogi was a constant threat to score. Smith will never be close to the level of Yogi’s shooting and scoring. And Smith is a good passer, but obviously his assist rate will fall off after Lurch.
And on the defensive end, Smith could only dream of being able to guard like Yogi.
I could see Smith averaging 17 a game next year. Which is Yogi’s high average.

Reactions: z_one
I definitely think Smith will score more out of necessity when Edey's gone, but 17ppg seems high to me. What I do expect is that his FG%, 3FG% and APG will all drop because defenses will be able to play him more straight up, and he'll lose Edey to toss it to and to get screens from. Smith is good, but he benefits hugely from playing with Edey.

Reactions: darmetrius
I definitely think Smith will score more out of necessity when Edey's gone, but 17ppg seems high to me. What I do expect is that his FG%, 3FG% and APG will all drop because defenses will be able to play him more straight up, and he'll lose Edey to toss it to and to get screens from. Smith is good, but he benefits hugely from playing with Edey.
Magic benefited from playing with Kareem also.
PU will return 4/5 starters next year and the offense will be ran differently next year. I could see them playing faster with added athleticism coming

Yea, he's very limited defensively ... but the ball is always live when it's in his hands, no wasted movement, no wasted dribbles.. Smith may not ever score at Yogis level but he's a pure PG, with an inherent god-given PG mentality and always a threat with the ball in his hands.

Reactions: z_one and kkott
PU will return 4/5 starters next year and the offense will be ran differently next year. I could see them playing faster with added athleticism coming
and when Kareem was out, Magic filled in at center and scored 40. You literally couldn't have picked a worse comparison.

Braden's good, it was a huge mistake for IU not to pursue him. But, the AA talk I've heard is ridiculous. What makes PU elite is one guy and it's not Braden.

and when Kareem was out, Magic filled in at center and scored 40. You literally couldn't have picked a worse comparison.

Braden's good, it was a huge mistake for IU not to pursue him. But, the AA talk I've heard is ridiculous. What makes PU elite is one guy and it's not Braden.
So you think Cupps or X would play that well with Edey? I don’t at all. My point on Magic, most great Pg’s had players make them better and players they made better.
Woodson swinging for the one and done players makes him miss on program guys in his back yard

Four straight years rated # 1 preseason? Yikes! Bobby would be rolling over in his grave.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT