ADVERTISEMENT

"Bidenomics...I'd give him an F"...

2fs1fuydpgzc1.jpeg

So Biden did an interview with Erin Burnett (CNN) the other day. Side note, they stood maybe 18 inches aprt which was creepy as hell.

Burnett says that Americans are not happy with the economy and when will it turn the corner?. Biden responds that we have the strongest economy in the world and the corner was turned.

Burnett mentions groceries, gas, interest rates. He responds that the "polls are wrong". In other words the US population is wrong about the economy and the cost of living and inability to buy a house.

The CNN guys in the studio agree with Biden that the economy is strong and that he just needs to do a better job of explaining this to idiots like us who think that prices are nuts, interest rates are nuts, and that buying a home is out of reach for two generations.

So Biden did an interview with Erin Burnett (CNN) the other day. Side note, they stood maybe 18 inches aprt which was creepy as hell.

Burnett says that Americans are not happy with the economy and when will it turn the corner?. Biden responds that we have the strongest economy in the world and the corner was turned.

Burnett mentions groceries, gas, interest rates. He responds that the "polls are wrong". In other words the US population is wrong about the economy and the cost of living and inability to buy a house.

The CNN guys in the studio agree with Biden that the economy is strong and that he just needs to do a better job of explaining this to idiots like us who think that prices are nuts, interest rates are nuts, and that buying a home is out of reach for two generations.
He’s a lying pos politician

Avg salary in MO is 50k. Now that’s the 50th percentile. Not poor people. After taxes $40k. $3,300 a month. Imagine paying for a house, car, car insurance, gas, electric, phone, car gas, health insurance, groceries, school/daycare in joe Biden’s economy on an average salary. Poor people forget it. One emergency it’s over.

Reactions: dbmhoosier

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

- George Orwell, 1984

I'd like to be 18 inches from Erin......

Avg salary in MO is 50k. Now that’s the 50th percentile. Not poor people. After taxes $40k. $3,300 a month. Imagine paying for a house, car, car insurance, gas, electric, phone, car gas, health insurance, groceries, school/daycare in joe Biden’s economy on an average salary. Poor people forget it. One emergency it’s over.
Problem is, a lot of poor people don't vote.

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Reactions: dbmhoosier
I am looking forward to @cosmickid and his or her response to refute Druckenmiller and the 9% inflation lie Biden told. Guessing crickets is all we will hear.
I'll admit at the outset I know nothing about economics. I had to look up who Druckenmiller was, and I usually avoid these threads like the plague.I've never enjoyed math and I consider economics math, so it's never really interested me...

Since you name checked me, I decided to at least respond. So I googled to see which economists seemed to have the opposite view to Druckenmiller and discovered this piece from Paul Krugman, who I've at least heard of. He seems to take the exact opposite view, so it's sort of a war of words among competing economists. Not sure how to objectively determine who is right, but you seem to put a great deal of stock in Druckenmiller. So again since you refernced me I figured I should see if anyone else refutes him...

Reactions: NOMORENIT
I'll admit at the outset I know nothing about economics. I had to look up who Druckenmiller was, and I usually avoid these threads like the plague.I've never enjoyed math and I consider economics math, so it's never really interested me...

Since you name checked me, I decided to at least respond. So I googled to see which economists seemed to have the opposite view to Druckenmiller and discovered this piece from Paul Krugman, who I've at least heard of. He seems to take the exact opposite view, so it's sort of a war of words among competing economists. Not sure how to objectively determine who is right, but you seem to put a great deal of stock in Druckenmiller. So again since you refernced me I figured I should see if anyone else refutes him...

Your honesty is admirable.

If you are interested and listen to podcasts, check out Econtalk by Russ Roberts. If you listen to him long enough, you'll understand how economists think and you won't need math to do it. His subjects are varied, too, not just economics. He interviews a lot of book authors and his style and questions are really enlightening.

Not sure which catagories are at 9% but it sure ain't groceries, construction materials, fuel, insurance, automobiles, fertilizer, fast food, homes, rent, golf clubs, golf carts, golf shirts, cigars, beer, bourbon, farm equipment, natural gas, LP, electricity, puppies, appliances, boats or air travel.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66

I appreciate your honesty. But you couldn't have chosen a worse "expert" than Krugman. His predictions are almost always wrong. Terrible economist, but great attack dog to sick on conservatives.

Not sure which catagories are at 9% but it sure ain't groceries, construction materials, fuel, insurance, automobiles, fertilizer, fast food, homes, rent, golf clubs, golf carts, golf shirts, cigars, beer, bourbon, farm equipment, natural gas, LP, electricity, puppies, appliances, boats or air travel.
FWIW, just checked what I paid for insurance (home, auto, umbrella) for 2021 and 2024.

2021 - $2,974.90
2024 - $4,067.06

(My fiscal year-end is June 30 and I’ve paid everything for this fiscal year ending this June.)

My Indiana math shows an increase of 36.7% over the three years. No accidents and no tickets. Same cars and same Ohio home. No increase in the umbrella coverage. Georgia home not included as I haven’t owned it for the full three year period.

This is just one of the things driving people crazy and which has nothing to do with goofy coffee, crab legs and premium gas.

And this is why, despite all the smoke-and-mirror crap coming from the administration and its apologists, “the economy and inflation” is the number one factor in how voters are looking at this election.

FWIW, just checked what I paid for insurance (home, auto, umbrella) for 2021 and 2024.

2021 - $2,974.90
2024 - $4,067.06

(My fiscal year-end is June 30 and I’ve paid everything for this fiscal year ending this June.)

My Indiana math shows an increase of 36.7% over the three years. No accidents and no tickets. Same cars and same Ohio home. No increase in the umbrella coverage. Georgia home not included as I haven’t owned it for the full three year period.

This is just one of the things driving people crazy and which has nothing to do with goofy coffee, crab legs and premium gas.

And this is why, despite all the smoke-and-mirror crap coming from the administration and its apologists, “the economy and inflation” is the number one factor in how voters are looking at this election.
Over 3 policy years, mine went from $1,200 to $3,800.
Paying my fare share sure feelz good.

2021 - $2,974.90
2024 - $4,067.06

32% for daycare since 2019

Kind of like Crime in the big cities, what do you think Trump's answer to this will be? Does Trump have the big solution the US and the rest of the world is waiting for? So far he's keeping it a big secret. Actually, has Trump stated any policy changes on his campaign/MAGA Rally tour?

Kind of like Crime in the big cities, what do you think Trump's answer to this will be? Does Trump have the big solution the US and the rest of the world is waiting for? So far he's keeping it a big secret. Actually, has Trump stated any policy changes on his campaign/MAGA Rally tour?
Hopefully to do nothing. Let things settle down. What we don’t want is more Biden social agenda spending. Divided gov would be our best insulation

Reactions: DANC
I agree. Where are the candidates with a clear PLAN.

CPI is just a basket of goods they manipulate over time to give the appearance inflation is low. Overall inflation is much higher than the CPI numbers. Add 5-10% and it’s closer to actual inflation. Below is Bill Clinton’s Secretary of Treasure admitting it.

It’s not that difficult to understand. It’s just supply and demand, debts and credits, and etc. The difficult part comes from the Keynesian and MMT bullshit. They purposely make it confusing to disguise they’re stealing from you.

I had no idea about the price of daycare until recently. I found out that a coworker is paying 3500/month for 2 kids (4&2) in the Chicago burbs and #3 will be here in August. When she told me I tried really hard to stifle my "WTF?" face. I probably would have had better luck if I had just drawn an inside straight.

I had no idea about the price of daycare until recently. I found out that a coworker is paying 3500/month for 2 kids (4&2) in the Chicago burbs and #3 will be here in August. When she told me I tried really hard to stifle my "WTF?" face. I probably would have had better luck if I had just drawn an inside straight.
Sounds about right. Maybe low. I paid 1600 a month in 2007. And the place wasn’t very nice.

Yep it’s absurd. I pay $2k a month now for my minion and it’s trench warfare. He’s not learning French. And that’s not to stay until six. That’s a 4 pickup.

Sounds about right. Maybe low. I paid 1600 a month in 2007. And the place wasn’t very nice.
Can't speak to the conditions, but assume it's average or better.

I schedule meetings around her drop-off, which is 9 with 30 minutes of travel each way. I think they have to pick up at 5, but I'm not setting meetings for 6 my time anyway. Might be wrong.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT