ADVERTISEMENT

BayernFan - Add Subaru of Indiana to that list againt your 'overhyped'

Nevermind. Apparently it is Moops. **

s
This post was edited on 3/31 1:07 PM by HA2740

How do you plan to make up the millions

Of dollars already lost by concerts pulling out, conferences, expansions, etc? Let alone the reputation...

That all can be done.....

...and was being done before this bill was signed.....it's called free commerce.

This bill was not needed....it was direct retaliation for the gay marriage ban reversal....nothing less.

The religious right is trying to intrude on our government.....I'd think you would be upset about that? No?

Should you get sued if you deny housing to a parolled pedophile?

Is that illegal? Thanks, lawyers.

my daughter's thinking less of going to college in Indiana due to this law

She's a Christian and doesn't understand fake Christian hate-mongers.

Nope......

....the bible supports enough hate bigotry.

I want christianity or any other faith based malarky to stay out of my government.

This isn't freaking 1950...

hell it isn't even 1980. Yeah we still have people that discriminate but it isn't the same as it was. We didn't have signs in windows that said NO GAYS... gezz you would think every business had a sign that said that. If that was the case then I could understand the outcry but that isn't the case here. There was ONE shop a baker who said they didn't serve LGBT and guess what that baker went out of business.

My lord we are living 100 years ago we are living in 21st century. The generation that discriminated against blacks is a dying generation (literally).

Cannot serve God and Money.

I don't care about lost revenue.

And I don't live with all you bigots in Indiana. vbg

Everybody gets that consumers can choose to go elsewhere

What you don't seem to get is that everybody should have the opportunity to make that decision for themselves - not dictated to them based on somebody else's religious "beliefs."

Especially
in small towns where there are sometimes only 1 option for essential goods & services (i.e. medical care).

I am upset with it...

there was no reason for the bill, you are exactly right. I also think it is nuts how people are reacting as if the whole flipping state is discriminating against the LGBT community. It is a non-issue bill in my mind it did nothing and will change nothing. We may see a few business that post some idiotic crap but they won't survive as a business anyways.

I hate the gerrymandering.

The entire political process needs over-hauled. Its hard for me to tell if 50% or more agree with the law or not.

But then most are likely against it because most are not going to get frivolously sued.

Thanks, Gov. Pence, but we were looking for an actual answer.

Convicted criminals are not a protected class of individuals under any state or federal civil rights action.

So instead of an irrelevant response, how about one that actually applies to the discussion. I'm not trying to set a goddamn trap for you; I'm legitimately asking for an answer.

That's not Moops....

....he has an ancient book written by uneducated sheep herders that has all the answers.

Exactly....it was just pandering to the religious right....

.....it's scary how quickly something like this can be pushed through legislation.

That's what the uproar is about. Seperation of church and state must be upheld or the nutjobs will have control over this country.

I get that being a contrarian dickwad is your schtick....

but I know you didn't just compare serving a homosexual couple to serving a paroled pedophile, did you?

You are looking at one side of the equation. I'd rather focus on the other.

Stop the drama. Stop filing frivolous lawsuits.

Did you read that letter? It is 90% politics and 10% legal analysis.

I like the part where they cite the SCOTUS to back them up, and then when the SCOTUS disagrees with them they disregard it and explain why it is wrong.

I do agree with them on one thing--and it is what I have maintained from the beginning--that the Indiana judiciary had already struck the appropriate balance and this law will change nothing. It may lead to some more litigation, and that is unfortunate and squarely on Pence.

But at the end of the day, Indiana's S.C. (or SCOTUS) isn't going to allow the type of discrimination that people are afraid of.

Good. They Cheat. Nobody Should Play Them.

I hate Conneticutians.
If no other reason, its hard to say.

I bet they are a bunch of gays and Christians.
And you KNOW what happens when those folks get together.
"Rights" this and "rights" that.

I'd like to give 'em a right.
And a left.
And an uppercut.

Are you trying to tell me how to practice my religion?

If they will not listen to you, leave that home and shake the dust off your feet.
Do not give your pearls to swine.

You have the right not to listen ... and I have the right not to associate with you.

************************************************************************************************************************************

You are going to have to start being more specific. No way I can say that this marriage was brought together by God and may no man put asunder when my religion tells me it is an unnatural union brought about by man's continuing depravity.

paraphrase: And in that day even the women will trade natural for unnatural relations.

Do you want me to tell you that your marriage is an abomination just so I will marry you? Why don't you just go about your merry way instead of forcing this turmoil ... for me and your celebration. Because that is exactly what I am doing if you insist on God being involved ... and I will require payment up front.

Now if you just want a "by the power vested in me by the state of ------" then why do you need me to do that really?
Only a few possibilities: (1) Power Trip, (2) Legal Action or (3) Loves Drama.

This isn't discrimination. Its facts. And that is what the 1st amendment grants me ... to believe the religious facts of my religion. You can call them beliefs ... but they are religious FACTS. I do not have to compromise my religion because you are a heathen.

And your grandfather probably asserted that "religious facts"

Made segregation God's way,

And his grandfather probably asserted that "religious facts" made it God's will that women not vote,

And his grandfather probably asserted that "religious facts" made it God's will to continue the institution of slavery.

It's time to modernize a little more quickly and not be slave to a collection of fables written by goat herders, voted upon for inclusion into a book, and then taken as some sort of stand-aline scientific and moral textbook by the morons for millenia.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Nope. My dad went to church to play on the softball team.

He bowled with one of the deacons. Grandparents didn't go to church neither. You got the wrong guy, pal.

My dad did finally get saved when he was 56.

What did those goat herders know about pigskin inflation technology?

*shakes dust from feet*

even goat herders can grasp the ideal gas law, just not Colts fans

A football at 12.5 psi cooled by 25 degrees loses about 1 psi of pressure, to 11.5.

A football at 13.5 psi cooled by 25 degrees loses about 1 psi of pressure, to 12.5.

see, not hard, right?

try it yourself with a football, a pump, a pressure gauge, and a refrigerator.
Thousands have, with the same result.

IT'S NOT THE SAME. AT ALL.

For starters, let's look at the time line of how the bill came about. It started after the Supreme Court ruling upholding gay marriage. Hell, one of the coauthors of the bill believes that homosexuality is equal to screwing an animal. Yes,this is art of the brain trust writing legislation in Indiana. There were at least 3 (Micah Clark, Eric Miller, and Curt Smith) outspoken anti-same sex union activists present at the bill signing. But we're supposed to believe that that wasn't the bill's intent. Go sell blatant stupidity to someone else. Of course, you have to be your level of short bus, 1st cousin, stoopid to buy into that leve of obvious BS.
Also, for the record, I used to identify as a Republican, but the furthering of this idiotic, fundamentalist Christian idiocy is driving me away. So you can take that liberal label bullchit you threw at me and stuff it up your backside, next to your brain.

Does Leviticus give you the right to stone Hottie to death...

...if she talks in church?

No, it doesn't. If you discriminate, you're a bigot, and Yeshua would be ashamed of you.

It's a conclusion from repeated observations.....

....it's a part of the scientific method......you should try it sometime.

Religious Facts!??.... Facts!!??....

....words written down by uneducated men who didn't even know the earth orbited the sun doesn't make something a fact.

My gawd....religion is poison.

Due, just read this board and tell me discrimination against gays...

is not a threat. We have people who think business should be able to deny services to people based upon religious belief and that gays having a problem with that are just "frivolous law suits."

Next, add to that statements by supporters of this bill made immediately after its passage (before shit started to hit the fan) stating this is what the bill afforded business owners opposed to gay marriage the right to do.

Follow that up with a cursory review of how states within the past few years (you know, IN THE 21st CENTURY) have attempted to ban gay marriage and then the bizarre actions state legislatures have taken in response to those bans being struck down.

The finally, consider that, except for employment purposes, homosexuals are not a protected class of citizens under Indiana's current civil rights laws.

Look at all of that, and tell me this does not create a very real risk of discriminatory use/abuse.

Actually, it's a conclusion from observations.....

selected based on a pre-judged frame of reference and not scientific at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT