ADVERTISEMENT

BayernFan - Add Subaru of Indiana to that list againt your 'overhyped'

Whose brainchild was this anyway?

I can't believe its Pence's. If that were the case, I would expect he would've had some sort of cogent defense of it as opposed to the performance I saw from the weekend. And apparently the Republican leadership appeared this morning to announce they are backtracking on it and will revise the potentially discriminatory language (or you know, they could just strike the for-profit business language and exemption of government involvement in a civil suit, which are the provisions that make this different from virtually every other RFRA that's law).

So which dumbass(es) are responsible for not seeing the foreseeable backlash AND deciding the opportune time to pass this was right before you host national championship event?

This post was edited on 3/30 9:27 PM by HA2740

Don't give Pence that much credit.

His administration has been lacking in so many areas. He's out of touch with most Republicans, myself included, let alone Independents and Democrats. Regret my vote for him and won't do it again. And that was before this mess.

With the way Bush, Rubio, etc... all came to his defense today

gotta think this had something to do with the Koch Bros....

Wait til you see front page of the Star tomorrow

A conservative paper....I've never seen anything like it! All black with giant white font saying FIX it now....oh yes! no we've had our first concert cancellation.

Many local businesses had warned Pence and gang what would happen

His big money backers are the ones behind it though.

Every single GOP presidential hopeful

Came to his defense today. That's a great start for them all and good to note. Heard from Jeb Bush,Marco Rubio, Bobby Jindal, Rick Santorum, and Ben Carson.

The "fix" that would help the most is make LGBT a protected class as they

Are in other states that have a similar law.

But these are the same people that got their butts handed to them in the 7th District court over trying to ban gay marriage into the States Constitution so I'm not sure they'll want to put anything like that on the table.

This law goes into effect July 1. Wonder how many lawsuits will be filed by those in the LGBT group to challenge this law? Gotta think there will be something filed quickly.

And by vocal you mean rich!

His money backers wanted this just like they wanted a gay marriage ban in the states constitution. That didn't end so well and I'm surprised they thought this would either.

Pence has already said he would not make them a protected class.

The other option is language that says that the law will not undermine or be inconsistent with federal discrimination laws.

which is more likely then?

The language you suggest, protecting LGBT, or him doing nothing? Personally think he's gonna be forced to at least write something along the lines of language that you stated.

it really is amazing on the lack of strategy

The GOP employs. Keep on pandering to the base rather than figuring out how to sway the undecided.

Rulings like these just demonstrate how my party can't get out of its own way.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

No businesses

Left chicago when Obama passed this bull in Chicago. Don't think we lost 1 business.

*sigh*.....

.....aren't you supposed to be golfing?

Hey McNutt....found another for that 3-some of yours. ;)

How can you be so obtuse?

Y46ikNb.gif

you can't handle the truth

Why did your president pass the same legislati pence did and nobody cares?

he didn't pass the same legislation, dummy

and it's the differences in the Indiana legislation, along with a lack of complementary legislation in Indiana that has everybody upset.

Something has to be done....

He's burning Indiana and Indianapolis, specifically, to the ground.

First acknowledgement

Had to call me a dummy because you know I'm right. they made changes but it was the same when it passed. At least you know Obama is for it. The chicago machine lies about everything. Trust me.

It's not the same....

19 other states (or whatever the number is) have a law with the same/similar name. But they are far different.

It was a question....

I'll research Chicago politics if you research the Indiana Religious Freedom Act.

I am just wondering how many business have put signs up...

saying no gays? I haven't seen any of those yet so really the law is meaningless. It would be like passing a law that says you can't drive on a flat tire for more than 6 months.... Nobody is going to do that in the first place and the idiot that does is going to do permanent damage to his car.

and then social media responds... WHAT I CAN"T DRIVE ON A FLAT TIRE FOR 6 MONTHS THAT IS BULL CRAP. THIS STATE SUCKS...

around here

Laws bills whatever none of it matters we are run by a corrupt super power in politics the best ever they do whatever they want whenever they want. They just tried to get BB out in Isreal and lost. Axelrod was over there. They are being exposed finally because they took it to the world stage. Not good for America very scary. The chick that accused Herman Cain was axelrods neighbor. They paid her. Similar bills have been passed everywhere w no outrage now the machine needs some good pub so the my order the media to go after it. I grew up in a 100% blue collar family. We are millionaires thanks to the machine I have family members clearing 150k a year as a retired school teacher. You'd think I'd just shut up and watch but it's all bs really. All we gotta do is vote for em and hope for no Scott walkers

My opinion all along has been

that this law is at best unnecessary and at worst complicit in discriminatory behavior.

I agree that it's essentially meaningless if nobody uses RFRA as license for discrimination, but that shouldn't be the test for whether legislation should/shouldn't exist. It's the fact that RFRA could be used as a defense for discrimination.

And it has. NYTimes reported today that religious protection laws (which generally aren't as broad as the Indiana RFRA) resulted in discrimination cases where "landlords cited religious beliefs, sometimes with success in court, after refusing to rent to unmarried heterosexual couples."

You have managed to use "machine"...

1000 times! Congratulations!

wrong. I called you a dummy because you're a dummy.

I'm not the first person that has explained to you that the Indiana RFRA is different than all other RFRA legislation. By definition, nobody else has passed the same legislation.

This is a matter of fact, not opinion. Dummy.

And the Sign Said, "Long Haired Freaky People ... Need Not Apply"

So I took off my hat and said, "Imagine That ... Huh? Me, Working for you."

of course. You're reading too literally.

why everybody is upset = why the upset people are upset

or

why everybody is upset = why so many people are upset

People have rights not to be sued for practicing their religious beliefs.

And gays and atheists think it is their right to sue anyone who looks at them funny.

Pence is right when he says its a two-way street. Everyone wants to look at the side about discrimination. As you say, that is self-regulatory as business who discriminate are potentially cutting their own throat. If you are right, they won't be in business long anyway ... except when they pick up the business of all the bigots in town.

However, businesses need to be protected from frivolous claims from the several lawsuits I have seen in the past couple years. A religious person has the right to own a business like anyone else and not have to deal with nonsense every time a customer feels shunned.

... why a small vocal minority is upset ...

Mountains out of molehills

This too shall pass.

Not being in Indiana, if it weren't for this board, I probably wouldn't have heard much about it.

^^^ This has got to be one of fenderstrapon's usernames ^^^ *

That's the only other troll I can ever recall to come over here and be blatantly and unapologetically stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT