ADVERTISEMENT

Archie has IU in right direction

I hope to at least see some improvement in our clunky, inefficient offense and poor free throw shooting but we're likely still a bubble team. I like the '19 and '20 recruits thus far, but more size and a pg are crucial to getting back to the top tier of the B1G

I personally think IU Bball is on the right path to having lots of success.
He’s the right coach for IU, and I really think the timing is in IUs favor.

I believe the foundation he is setting will lead to the kind of success IU fans have been longing for since the early 90s.

Go IU

I don't know if this is a troll or not but it is amazing to me that the resident curmudgeons have not come out of the woodwork yet.

Paging fpeaugh, cryano, etc.

Reactions: minneman

I believe the foundation he is setting will lead to the kind of success IU fans have been longing for since the early 90s.

Go IU

I don't know if this is a troll or not but it is amazing to me that the resident curmudgeons have not come out of the woodwork yet.

If by right coach, you mean extending the mediocrity of the present players lifetimes, then right coach indeed!
shutterstock_3738532-600x400.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive. I'm sure the others will be along shortly. If there is one thing they can't stand, it's optimism. Just like I think it's too early to say he's a failure, it's also too early to say he won't be but people being optimistic doesn't bother me. Them it certainly does. Doom and gloom is the only emotion they approve of and do their best to spread it while stamping out any optimism.

Help make this board great again....go away.
Nah - I wont pay for premium...though my content is...

Never have, Never will

Plus, I think those that have benefited from my great football, basketball, womens bb, and even soccer seats would be upset. Added womens volleyball to the haul this year.

Outside of Illinois, Nebraska, Penn St, and Purdue - let me know if you’d like free tix to a volleyball game

Reactions: Lucy01

Go IU
Troll

I hope to at least see some improvement in our clunky, inefficient offense and poor free throw shooting but we're likely still a bubble team. I like the '19 and '20 recruits thus far, but more size and a pg are crucial to getting back to the top tier of the B1G
So
That was a no balls reply to a good post!
He really hasnt won yet. Ths year we will see but the jury is way out on him being a success.

At the end of the day you need to win and make the tourney period. None of thay will mean a thing to me if we miss the ncaa again.
Agreed. He has to win this year. It doesn’t discredit the good things he has done though. It is the recipe for success at Indiana.

So you don’t think Phinisee is good enough? Or you mean another for depth and continuity?

This year will be a good indicator as to if Archie will survive or not. I have a gut feeling that IU will be better than last year for some reason.

Reactions: cryano
I agree - though the team could be much worse, they could still easily have a better record...that 1-12 stretch is hard to duplicate...
Team was terribly unprepared, lacked sideline leadership, and coaches did little in the game to help the team in reeling situations.

This year will be a good indicator as to if Archie will survive or not. I have a gut feeling that IU will be better than last year for some reason.

Agree, and it is partly because I think they were worse than they should have been last year. A despondent team. More experienced guards is almost always a good thing. IU has 3 of them.

So

He really hasnt won yet. Ths year we will see but the jury is way out on him being a success.
I agree. Seems like a good guy and I love that he's getting Indiana kids, BUT you gotta win. THREE YEARS in and the dance this season is a big question mark. That's not enough.

I agree - though the team could be much worse, they could still easily have a better record...that 1-12 stretch is hard to duplicate...
Team was terribly unprepared, lacked sideline leadership, and coaches did little in the game to help the team in reeling situations.
If Archie had just called a few more timeouts. . .

I agree. Seems like a good guy and I love that he's getting Indiana kids, BUT you gotta win. THREE YEARS in and the dance this season is a big question mark. That's not enough.
This is the third year. I’d save the question mark until after, but I don’t believe we’ll need it. I’m feeling optimistic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT