ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa women make mistakes in Lincoln, & what IF

The underclassman are solid, like that Moren is playing the bench more, they are gaining a lot of experience this season.

With Chloe, Yardin, and Syd returning, the future remains bright.

Rooting for every Ohio St. opponent, that 1 seed in the BTT would be a huge advantage.

Reactions: kmathum
I was watching IU women destroy pu women on my iPad, while surfing tv games.
I knew C Clark for Iowa was close to making history, so I turned the iowa-Nebraska women's game on right after the start of their 4th quarter. Iowa had a comfortable lead and when Clark got to within 8 points of the record, it looked to me like she purposely stopped trying to score. I have heard she wanted to break the record at home in Iowa.
Be careful what you hope for! Iowa lost!
I did not see any of the IOWA-Nebraska game before the 4th quarter, but I did record the last 4 minutes.
At the 4 minute mark the IU game was under control, I switched the IU game to muted, and started watching the Iowa-Nebraska game. During that last 4 min., Neb. looked amazing. They were making 3’s and free-throws and playing good D. Their arena may not match SS Asembly Hall, but the crowd certainly helped.
As I said, “it looked to me…” like CC was not herself and not up to her typical game and did not seem to be the primary target offensively for Iowa. And, btw, during the last 4 minutes, CC saw single coverage and still only took 4 shots.
K C+M said: “ No tears here from me, but I don't think there was any intention of sacrificing the game so that the record could be broken at home.” Agree
Don’t get me wrong, I did not intend to imply that the Loss was intentional. The loss was simply an Unintended-Consequence of CC taking her scoring foot off the pedal.
Since it is IMO/“it looked to me…”, then technically I am “Making it up”, IMHO, Iowa would have won if the entire Iowa team didn’t go cold and Nebraska wasn’t on fire.
I’d welcome a fact check, but I don’t think CC scored a point in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
The underclassman are solid, like that Moren is playing the bench more, they are gaining a lot of experience this season.

Rooting for every Ohio St. opponent, that 1 seed in the BTT would be a huge advantage.
I know she CAN but have not heard that Chloe IS returning next year.

I was hoping for the same, but OSU beat MSU today @MSU by 15 (OSU also beat them earlier this year).

IU needs to win out, and have Iowa beat OSU that final weekend for a 3-way tie. It does suck that our only game vs. OSU was in Columbus. We can always hope for another upset of both of them.
Agree. We need help re OSU. I think at PSU is their most likely loss, but I will take anything.

Why an advantage? Does the 1 seed avoid playing #2/3 until the final?

I did not see any of the IOWA-Nebraska game before the 4th quarter, but I did record the last 4 minutes.
At the 4 minute mark the IU game was under control, I switched the IU game to muted, and started watching the Iowa-Nebraska game. During that last 4 min., Neb. looked amazing. They were making 3’s and free-throws and playing good D. Their arena may not match SS Asembly Hall, but the crowd certainly helped.
As I said, “it looked to me…” like CC was not herself and not up to her typical game and did not seem to be the primary target offensively for Iowa. And, btw, during the last 4 minutes, CC saw single coverage and still only took 4 shots.
K C+M said: “ No tears here from me, but I don't think there was any intention of sacrificing the game so that the record could be broken at home.” Agree
Don’t get me wrong, I did not intend to imply that the Loss was intentional. The loss was simply an Unintended-Consequence of CC taking her scoring foot off the pedal.
Since it is IMO/“it looked to me…”, then technically I am “Making it up”, IMHO, Iowa would have won if the entire Iowa team didn’t go cold and Nebraska wasn’t on fire.
I’d welcome a fact check, but I don’t think CC scored a point in the 4th quarter.
Clark took 25 shots in the game, 6 in the 4th quarter, so not seeing your point in the slightest. After the Nebraska coach got the Technical called on her, Nebraska turned the intensity up two notches and Iowa who thought they had the game won got tight. While they did not double Clark, they played tight ball denial on her, rotated defenders every other play so she was always facing someone fresh, and just sold out that she was not going to beat them by herself. Nebraska also was poking the ball away on any drives to the hoop, often by knocking the Iowa players hand away from the ball. Iowa got rattled and started complaining to the refs rather than play through it, and it was Davis, Stuelke, and Martin complaining the most, not Clark.

I really don’t know except to make shots easier. If you look at the spread of hand sizes on men’s teams it is considerable. Cupps compared to Ware must be a sizable difference.

I really don’t know except to make shots easier. If you look at the spread of hand sizes on men’s teams it is considerable. Cupps compared to Ware must be a sizable difference.
Do they also use a smaller basket?

Connie Hawkins is on the list. It was long before my time but believe he got screwed big time his freshman year at Iowa. He wasn’t even eligible to play varsity but somehow got roped in to a NYC point shaving scandal and expelled from school and blackballed by the NBA. He wasn’t allowed legal counsel when interrogated by NYPD detectives. The ABA was a godsend for him.

Reactions: 4IUSox2 and kmathum
There are problems with records and comparisons.
More games make up an individual season. Rules change; for example 3 point shot added, shot clock, how charge vs blocking is called.
Especially notable in football. I think their changing rules may have affected records even more.

I know she CAN but have not heard that Chloe IS returning next year.
I believe this is correct. I do not know, but I think if she were returning she would have announced by now. Maybe she just has not decided yet. But I think Chloe is so well grounded in life, goals, decisions, that she may feel it is now time to move on to another phase of life.
If I owned a business, regardless of what it did, I would hire her.

Reactions: From the Balcony
I believe this is correct. I do not know, but I think if she were returning she would have announced by now. Maybe she just has not decided yet. But I think Chloe is so well grounded in life, goals, decisions, that she may feel it is now time to move on to another phase of life.
If I owned a business, regardless of what it did, I would hire her.
Several prominent players that could come back for a 5th year have not committed one way or the other, including Caitlyn Clark and Madison Layden at Purdue.

4TH Quarter at the 9:14 mark of the Iowa/Michigan womens game.

DRAMA QUEEN CLARK.... strikes again!!!!

She goes in for a layup... the Michigan Big bellies up with hand straight up and is BACKING AWAY from Clark on the shot. Clark falls to the floor and curls up in a fetal position.... like she had been mugged.

I'm done with the dramatics of Clark. Just wait until she gets in the Women Pros.... she will be in the Fetal Position FOR REAL when she tries to pull that stunt.

4TH Quarter at the 9:14 mark of the Iowa/Michigan womens game.

DRAMA QUEEN CLARK.... strikes again!!!!

She goes in for a layup... the Michigan Big bellies up with hand straight up and is BACKING AWAY from Clark on the shot. Clark falls to the floor and curls up in a fetal position.... like she had been mugged.

I'm done with the dramatics of Clark. Just wait until she gets in the Women Pros.... she will be in the Fetal Position FOR REAL when she tries to pull that stunt.

LOL yeah we all laughed at that also. I don't get it, she's got too much talent to need the histrionics.

Reactions: Tscurlo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT