ADVERTISEMENT

Another police shooting...

Think for a minute...
How many minorities can you name mishandled by police?
How many whites can you name?

They just don't know
She said mama didn't tell 'em what she told me
Girl, u need media control
(Are u ready?)

Ah, media control, oh
Ah, media control, oh
(repeat)

Think for a minute...
How many minorities can you name mishandled by police?
How many whites can you name?

They just don't know
She said mama didn't tell 'em what she told me
Girl, u need media control
(Are u ready?)

Ah, media control, oh
Ah, media control, oh
(repeat)
You're not even consistent in your dumbassery. We were arguing over the race of the COPS, not the victims.

Apparently he did not have a right to carry a gun, as he was on probation.
his lengthy rap sheet includes sexually abusing a 14-yr-old girl. The cops were called to the scene because he was waving a gun. People were recording because he had a death wish.
Meanwhile 64 people were shot in Chicago over the weekend and nobody GAF but one miscreant is wiped out and BLM blows a gasket. Cops are not the guilty party here

his lengthy rap sheet includes sexually abusing a 14-yr-old girl. The cops were called to the scene because he was waving a gun. People were recording because he had a death wish.
Meanwhile 64 people were shot in Chicago over the weekend and nobody GAF but one miscreant is wiped out and BLM blows a gasket. Cops are not the guilty party here
The cops may very well be guilty here, though of what, it remains to be seen.

But you make a good point about the people in Chicago. Our media focus on the sexy shootings, but those sexy shootings don't properly give an accurate depiction of our violence problem in America*. The same night there was that shooting in the club in Orlando, there were also 42 other shootings spread across the country. Most people don't have a very accurate understanding of what's really going on.

* Even calling it a violence problem causes trouble, because violence has been dropping in this country for over 20 years now. You were far more likely to get shot in 1993 than you were this year.

If they falsely arrested him and made him spend an evening in jail before correcting the situation I'd say the authoritative figures reacted poorly.

In this case I'd say they murdered him.

Can you explain why a man on the ground needed to be shot 6 times at close range? Would you consider shots 2-6 as reacting poorly?

I have watched the video a couple times... first off it is hard to tell where his right hand is during the altercation. After he was shot you see an officer pull what looks to be a gun out of his right pocket. For all we know he was trying to grab that while he was being fought with. I do agree 6 shots seems excessive. I think we need to have more training for our officers to prevent these types of things from happening. The other video out of MN is hard to tell what actually happened. Again the video I saw starts after the man was shot hard to tell what happened prior to that. Again training is key here... I question why the officer was standing towards the front of the car and not directly behind the shoulder of the passenger where he is better protected.

Some of the comments I have seen are pretty bad. I keep hearing how "we" (white people) are racist but the comments coming out of African Americans is sickening. I have read at least 4 comments from people. One lady said "If a white person even talks to me I am going to go ballistic on their ass." Another said... " I will not let you a person of privilege tell me what happened. You only see colors and you are racist." So she calls the man privilege and then uses the color of his skin to label him racist. All the guy said was from the video it is hard to tell what happened prior to the shooting.... Another stated "You put us in chains and hung us. You all owe us." Last I checked I didn't do any of that hell my dad didn't nor my Grandfather and nor my Great Grandfather....Racism goes both ways...

Sorry for the long winded post... just skinned by our system and I feel our own government is pitting us against each other for their own freaking gain.

Someone went hardcore on Scott's racist ass. His post didn't just get deleted, it got perma-axed from the system, and it was done with no moderator log. That's not how Ziz and I usually do business, so it was probably an admin.

I was assuming MD created those scott quotes himself.....just seemed to fit with AOTF methodology....and I lol'd at the thought of MD doing so

Reactions: cryano
I don't care what his past was. The officers didn't know that when he killed him. Unless we see something different , the video I've seen clearly shows him down and subdued when he was shot multiple times. No one gives the police officer rights to be judge and jury.

I don't care what his past was. The officers didn't know that when he killed him. Unless we see something different , the video I've seen clearly shows him down and subdued when he was shot multiple times. No one gives the police officer rights to be judge and jury.
Subdued?? uhhh, no. watch it again. He tackled and fought the officers. He was being arrested and resisted (while armed with a weapon they KNEW he possessed) and the law does give people (not just LEOs) the right to defend themselves if they fear their own safety

Most of my life, I've considered myself lucky to have been born in America. And compared to much of the world, that's still a valid way to look at things. But the last few years, I've realized that being born in America is sort of like getting four balls in the Powerball. It's rare, and you get a good prize, but you're still a couple balls short of what would have been the grand prize, which would apparently be Canada, or New Zealand, or Norway, or some such place.

The great thing about being born in America is that you can move to any of those places.

Subdued?? uhhh, no. watch it again. He tackled and fought the officers. He was being arrested and resisted (while armed with a weapon they KNEW he possessed) and the law does give people (not just LEOs) the right to defend themselves if they fear their own safety
What are you talking about? Both videos show him on his back with officers holding him down during the shooting.

No citizen deserves to be shot 6 times for fighting the cops. That's why they have pepper spray and night sticks. The video shows the one cop losing it, pulling his gun out, and shooting the guy. The other cop appears to think the citizen fired the shots and shoots him again.

We live in a society that does not value life. It values money and greed above all. Our government creates wars to kill so arms makers can keep the cash rolling in. Our government writes "laws" (see the Patriot Act and the NDAA) that violate our constitution. Our current president ordered the murder of a 16 year US citizen because his dad was a radical Iman. No trial for that kid...whatever his crime was. You have the military equipping police stations all over the country with machine guns, armored personnel carriers, sniper rifles and mortar cannons. Why, are they expecting something? Hmmm.

You can believe in authority all you want. A lot of people in New Orleans did prior to 2005, but the fact of the matter is our government from top to bottom has that previously discussed "us vs. them" mentality.

This government, from the federal down to the state and local level, doesn't give 2 shits about American citizens. They don't care about keeping your air and water clean, our keeping your food pure. They give even less of a shit about poor minorities that don't vote and have far less political capital than others. The only thing our "authorities" care about is blindly maintaining power, no matter the cost.

Reactions: T.M.P. and IUecho87
No citizen deserves to be shot 6 times for fighting the cops. That's why they have pepper spray and night sticks. The video shows the one cop losing it, pulling his gun out, and shooting the guy. The other cop appears to think the citizen fired the shots and shoots him again.

We live in a society that does not value life. It values money and greed above all. Our government creates wars to kill so arms makers can keep the cash rolling in. Our government writes "laws" (see the Patriot Act and the NDAA) that violate our constitution. Our current president ordered the murder of a 16 year US citizen because his dad was a radical Iman. No trial for that kid...whatever his crime was. You have the military equipping police stations all over the country with machine guns, armored personnel carriers, sniper rifles and mortar cannons. Why, are they expecting something? Hmmm.

You can believe in authority all you want. A lot of people in New Orleans did prior to 2005, but the fact of the matter is our government from top to bottom has that previously discussed "us vs. them" mentality.

This government, from the federal down to the state and local level, doesn't give 2 shits about American citizens. They don't care about keeping your air and water clean, our keeping your food pure. They give even less of a shit about poor minorities that don't vote and have far less political capital than others. The only thing our "authorities" care about is blindly maintaining power, no matter the cost.

Well said

Watch http://requiemfortheamericandream.com/

It's on Netflix.....tells you everything you need to know about "democracy" and "capitalism".

Society as we know it is on the brink.

New Anyone know why the other officer dove at to tackle the guy? In the 47 sec video I saw, it seemed that they did this immediately without giving the guy any alternative to being tackled.

Because he's a ****ing imbecile. That's the answer to why those 2 officers did virtually everything in that video when they responded 1) to a call of a suspect potentially with a firearm 2) when there was no emergency circumstance.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same can be said for the officer in Minnesota. From his screams in the background, you can tell he has zero composure in that circumstance.

That's part of what makes these incidents murky: they're not necessarily racists. Some of these guys are just idiots who shouldn't be permitted to respond to potentially hostile situations with a gun on hand.

Actually, no, it doesn't. For the most part, the media narrative hasn't been about white vs. black. It has been about blue vs. black. This has been consistent.

If it's true (and I have no idea if it is or not) that 4% of the fatal police shootings are white cops shooting blacks, then it seems that the media is missing out on 96% of it's opportunities to tell the blue vs black narrative. or even a blue vs civilian narrative.

Reactions: cryano
If it's true (and I have no idea if it is or not) that 4% of the fatal police shootings are white cops shooting blacks, then it seems that the media is missing out on 96% of it's opportunities to tell the blue vs black narrative. or even a blue vs civilian narrative.
Then you aren't paying attention. The cop in Minnesota was apparently Asian-American. Half of the cops in the Freddie Gray case were not white, IIRC. This narrative only exists in conservative tunnel vision.

You need to check out the latest cop shooting in Dallas, They shot two of them!

Then you aren't paying attention. The cop in Minnesota was apparently Asian-American. Half of the cops in the Freddie Gray case were not white, IIRC. This narrative only exists in conservative tunnel vision.

I really haven't been paying close attention, but it's hard to avoid altogether even for apolitical people like me who try to abstain from the overtly political media. From what you are saying, they are apparently attacking this police brutality problem on all fronts now or perhaps they have been from the outset and I just missed it...,either way I'm glad to hear it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT