ADVERTISEMENT

Another police shooting...

In Baton Rouge. The store owner was an eye witness and says the cops were totally wrong and the man they shot (Alton Sterling) did have a gun but never pulled it out.

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,21016871,00.html
Sigh...you couldn't pay me enough money to be a cop these days. No matter what you do, you are wrong.

That stated, I would appear from the video I've seen that the officers did act hastily. The suspect did have a gun, but it didn't really appear that he reached for it or fought them too much. The use of deadly force for most departments is a 10 step process. They skipped steps in this video. While the use of deadly force is warranted whenever you feel your life is in danger, I never really got the sense that this suspect was gonna kill them.

We shall see how this goes, but I'd be willing to bet that these officers are gonna be in big trouble.

Reactions: iubud
Ebony, and Ivory, live together in perfect harmony.......

BlackWhiteCookie.gif

Sigh...you couldn't pay me enough money to be a cop these days. No matter what you do, you are wrong.

That stated, I would appear from the video I've seen that the officers did act hastily. The suspect did have a gun, but it didn't really appear that he reached for it or fought them too much. The use of deadly force for most departments is a 10 step process. They skipped steps in this video. While the use of deadly force is warranted whenever you feel your life is in danger, I never really got the sense that this suspect was gonna kill them.

We shall see how this goes, but I'd be willing to bet that these officers are gonna be in big trouble.
I'm so confused about who is allowed to have guns and when. The NRA says everyone can have guns, even terrorists. But then it's ok for police to shoot you multiple times because you have a gun. 'Murica

I'm so confused about who is allowed to have guns and when. The NRA says everyone can have guns, even terrorists. Unless you're black. But then it's ok for police to shoot you multiple times because you have a gun. 'Murica

The NRA gets a boatload of money from weapon manufacturers as do politicians. It's just business. Money rules. And, money rules law.

The NRA gets a boatload of money from weapon manufacturers as do politicians. It's just business.
Yep, the NRA hasn't had the best interest of the hunter, target shooter, personal gun owner as their main priority for a long time.
They've turned into a large lobbyist that makes sure the large gun manufacturers are stuffing their pockets. If their decision benefits both, great, but they've turned to corporate greed.

I'm so confused about who is allowed to have guns and when. The NRA says everyone can have guns, even terrorists. But then it's ok for police to shoot you multiple times because you have a gun. 'Murica
It's not that confusing. Hell, the entire modern gun control movement started when a bunch of uppity blacks all started carrying armed weapons around California.

When somebody has an altercation with a policeman, that individual deserves to be shot.
Thats because you have no priors, you act civil, you would follow an officers request or multiple requesta, and you expect to be treated fairly because of your history and experiences.
Dont let these guys make you out to be a racist based on your experiences forming your beliefs.

Thats because you have no priors, you act civil, you would follow an officers request or multiple requesta, and you expect to be treated fairly because of your history and experiences.
Dont let these guys make you out to be a racist based on your experiences forming your beliefs.
He was shot in the back while they were holding him prone on the ground.

Oh, but he had priors. That makes it all okay.

WTF is wrong with a country in which cops can execute citizens in the street, and other citizens defend the cops?

WTF is wrong with a country in which cops can execute citizens in the street, and other citizens defend the cops?

Are you kidding? Did you see how he was assaulting the officers with his chest from beneath their knees?

This is today's 'Peace Officer". WTF?

Militarized-police.jpg

The US leads the world in incarceration and has militarized the police force. The US become more Soviet like every year. Build a wall! Put people in prison! Forcefully control the population! Contain/discourage protest!

This is today's 'Peace Officer". WTF?

Militarized-police.jpg

The US leads the world in incarceration and has militarized the police force. The US become more Soviet like every year. Build a wall! Put people in prison! Forcefully control the population! Contain/discourage protest!
Most of my life, I've considered myself lucky to have been born in America. And compared to much of the world, that's still a valid way to look at things. But the last few years, I've realized that being born in America is sort of like getting four balls in the Powerball. It's rare, and you get a good prize, but you're still a couple balls short of what would have been the grand prize, which would apparently be Canada, or New Zealand, or Norway, or some such place.

Most of my life, I've considered myself lucky to have been born in America. And compared to much of the world, that's still a valid way to look at things. But the last few years, I've realized that being born in America is sort of like getting four balls in the Powerball. It's rare, and you get a good prize, but you're still a couple balls short of what would have been the grand prize, which would apparently be Canada, or New Zealand, or Norway, or some such place.

Being born in the US is a lucky thing for most people. Even for those not getting a fair shake all the time, there are far worse places.

Freedom has taken a huge hit in the US and when that get eroded you don't get it back without something drastic. People mistake freedom for a lot of things and right now people think freedom is/should be about safety/security. Freedom was never about safety or security and cn never be. It's about protecting the rights of others even if you don't like or agree with them. You fight when others try to limit them, not to try and make others agree with yours.

Reactions: IUecho87
Someone went hardcore on Scott's racist ass. His post didn't just get deleted, it got perma-axed from the system, and it was done with no moderator log. That's not how Ziz and I usually do business, so it was probably an admin.
I never saw it and no record seems to exist of it. I don't know who got to that one.

Reactions: MillerTime
Someone went hardcore on Scott's racist ass. His post didn't just get deleted, it got perma-axed from the system, and it was done with no moderator log. That's not how Ziz and I usually do business, so it was probably an admin.
I take it they've been hands off otherwise?

I defended McNutts line of thinking only

His line of thinking is indefensible.
No it isnt. He's making decisions based on experiences and expectations he's grown accustomed to based on his life experiences. I doubt hes
1) had bad experiences with police
2) had experiences with minorities that have

So why would he expect anyone else's experience with police to differ than what he has known?
It doesnt make him a racist.

Reactions: Lucy01
Has anyone ever looked at the % of minority suspects shot in an altercation by a minority officer compared to the % of minority suspects shot by a white officer.
Then compare that to the ratio of officers - the media would be ashamed - but the population could care less.

Here are all the responses to McNutt when you jumped in:

Thanks Stalin.
images

The thing is I think you actually believe that.

Have you ever witnessed a cop act in a unlawful or inappropriate way?

Damn right. Shoot everybody. Officer Friendly is always right and righteous .

No one was calling him a racist. They were just saying he was retarded. Whether or not he's a racist doesn't change the fact that his stance is, in fact, indefensible and stupid.

Has anyone ever looked at the % of minority suspects shot in an altercation by a minority officer compared to the % of minority suspects shot by a white officer.
Then compare that to the ratio of officers - the media would be ashamed - but the population could care less.
Please enlighten us as to where you are going with this drivel.

eh for weather alone Canada loses a spot. If you like traveling New Zealand is far from other places. Norwegians are boring.

I'd take Denmark as #1.

Yet it still exists in a reply up top. So it's not gone. I don't understand why that reply with his response didn't get deleted. What's the fvckin point??

ADVERTISEMENT