ADVERTISEMENT

Ahmaud Arbery wasn't the first time that "Vigilante justice" ran amuck in GA

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
I just watched this video entitled

Detective describes how woman pursued man after hit-and-run and killed him.​

I had no idea what it was about, but the idea intrigued me. I didn't know if she had stalked and killed a guy who injured her in a hit and run, or if it was some sort of twisted jilted lovers tale, or exactly what the story revolved around. But once I listened to the detective relate the events, it became pretty obvious that this woman may have actually demonstrated some of the same twisted thinking of Arbery's murderers, even though her crime occurred two years earlier...

Arbery's killers claimed they attempted to "arrest" him because he might have stolen something from a home construction site that they had no connection to. This woman was a WITNESS to a traffic accident that again had no connection to her. Neither supposed "crime" involved injury to a person, at most Arbery might have taken a screwdriver or other tool, and in the traffic accident one or both vehicles might have sustained damage. So the motivation for chasing people becomes more than a little suspect...

In the case of 21 yr old Hannah Payne, she witnessed what she viewed as a truck running a stop sign and striking another vehicle. The driver Kenneth Herring appeared, in the opinion of a state corrections medical official on scene to be disoriented, possibly suffering from insulin shock. His wife has subsequently maintained that he night have been driving himself to the ER because he was afraid he was in a diabetic shock.

It took police a while to respond and after 20 mins Mr Herring apparently decided to drive away. The driver of the other vehicle asked Payne to get his tag #, but instead she decided to chase after him, despite being told repeatedly by the 911 operator not to do so. She was in continued communication with 911, and was told repeatedly to stop chasing him, but she ignored that. And then she succeeded in blocking his vehicle in traffic and ignored the advice of the 911 operator who told her to sit and wait for police.

Instead she grabbed her gun and approached the drivers side, and according to witnesses yelled at him to "get out of the ****ing car." Witnesses said they observed what they initially thought was her banging on the drivers window, but later they could see she was actually hitting him. There were 4 witnesses that police found ,and none of them were privy to previous events. They just saw this crazed young girl block this elderly (62 yr old) guy in busy traffic, then walk up to his car carrying a gun and yell at him, like she was some sort of cop. She was angry and told him to get out of the car or she would shoot him And after seeing her banging on his car door and possibly on him, there was a sudden gunshot and she told the 911 operator that "he shot himself"...

Now this was back in 2019, and even though she was charged with felony murder, she was still bonded and allowed to work and basically enjoy her life restricted only by an ankle monitor. Her lawyer has portrayed her as the All-American girl" who was trying to help, but her zealous defense of someone else's property and callous disregard for human life strikes me as bizarre. I mean by all means get the plate number, and if you have to follow the "criminal" direct the cops to his location. But to adopt this vigilante aura where you try to arrest someone with a gun over a minor traffic offense, end up attacking them in their vehicle and they end up dead is ridiculous.

The trial has been postponed numerous times, but this article says it's possible a trial takes place in Jan or Feb...

https://claytoncrescent.org/2021/11/05/payne-could-face-trial-in-january-2022/

Last edited:
I just watched this video entitled

Detective describes how woman pursued man after hit-and-run and killed him.​

I had no idea what it was about, but the idea intrigued me. I didn't know if she had stalked and killed a guy who injured her in a hit and run, or if it was some sort of twisted jilted lovers tale, or exactly what the story revolved around. But once I listened to the detective relate the events, it became pretty obvious that this woman may have actually demonstrated some of the same twisted thinking of Arbery's murderers, even though her crime occurred two years earlier...

Arbery's killers claimed they attempted to "arrest" him because he might have stolen something from a home construction site that they had no connection to. This woman was a WITNESS to a traffic accident that again had no connection to her. Neither supposed "crime" involved injury to a person, at most Arbery might have taken a screwdriver or other tool, and in the traffic accident one or both vehicles might have sustained damage. So the motivation for chasing people becomes more than a little suspect...

In the case of 21 yr old Hannah Payne, she witnessed what she viewed as a truck running a stop sign and striking another vehicle. The driver Kenneth Herring appeared, in the opinion of a state corrections medical official on scene to be disoriented, possibly suffering from insulin shock. His wife has subsequently maintained that he night have been driving himself to the ER because he was afraid he was in a diabetic shock.

It took police a while to respond and after 20 mins Mr Herring apparently decided to drive away. The driver of the other vehicle asked Payne to get his tag #, but instead she decided to chase after him, despite being told repeatedly by the 911 operator not to do so. She was in continued communication with 911, and was told repeatedly to stop chasing him, but she ignored that. And then she succeeded in blocking his vehicle in traffic and ignored the advice of the 911 operator who told her to sit and wait for police.

Instead she grabbed her gun and approached the drivers side, and according to witnesses yelled at him to "get out of the ****ing car." Witnesses said they observed what they initially thought was her banging on the drivers window, but later they could see she was actually hitting him. There were 4 witnesses that police found ,and none of them were privy to previous events. They just saw this crazed young girl block this elderly (62 yr old) guy in busy traffic, then walk up to his car carrying a gun and yell at him, like she was some sort of cop. She was angry and told him to get out of the car or she would shoot him And after seeing her banging on his car door and possibly on him, there was a sudden gunshot and she told the 911 operator that "he shot himself"...

Now this was back in 2019, and even though she was charged with felony murder, she was still bonded and allowed to work and basically enjoy her life restricted only by an ankle monitor. Her lawyer has portrayed her as the All-American girl" who was trying to help, but her zealous defense of someone else's property and callous disregard for human life strikes me as bizarre. I mean by all means get the plate number, and if you have to follow the "criminal" direct the cops to his location. But to adopt this vigilante aura where you try to arrest someone with a gun over a minor traffic offense, end up attacking them in their vehicle and they end up dead is ridiculous.

The trial has been postponed numerous times, but this article says it's possible a trial takes place in Jan or Feb...

https://claytoncrescent.org/2021/11/05/payne-could-face-trial-in-january-2022/

A hard lesson to learn, but ultimately no one to blame but herself. Not sure what GA's open carry and training policies are, but she should never have been allowed to have a gun. Misdirected road rage, and she wasn't even involved in any capacity except as a misguided vigilante...

Sentencing tomorrow morning...

A hard lesson to learn, but ultimately no one to blame but herself. Not sure what GA's open carry and training policies are, but she should never have been allowed to have a gun. Misdirected road rage, and she wasn't even involved in any capacity except as a misguided vigilante...

Sentencing tomorrow morning...

I think this is pretty harsh, but I wonder what motivated her to get involved in the first place and then to employ deadly force? She had the gentlemen's license plate number and it was a minor traffic accident where he was clearly disoriented. Not a shooting or crriminal act that she suddenly stumbled upon...

I've got to believe that the gun provided her with a false sense of invincibility, where otherwise she might have been content to just write down his tag number and let law enforcement handle it. I also wonder if she would have displayed the same vigor and vitrol and would even have pursued an elderly white person? It wasn't like she was a friend or relative of the other person involved in the accident. It's just a bizarre set of actions from her...

I think this is pretty harsh, but I wonder what motivated her to get involved in the first place and then to employ deadly force? She had the gentlemen's license plate number and it was a minor traffic accident where he was clearly disoriented. Not a shooting or crriminal act that she suddenly stumbled upon...

I've got to believe that the gun provided her with a false sense of invincibility, where otherwise she might have been content to just write down his tag number and let law enforcement handle it. I also wonder if she would have displayed the same vigor and vitrol and would even have pursued an elderly white person? It wasn't like she was a friend or relative of the other person involved in the accident. It's just a bizarre set of actions from her...

Interesting report from NewsNation which includes a brief interview with a family friend of Payne. The woman claims that the jury got it wrong, and one of her reasons is that Payne's story never wavered...

But what she fails to acknowledge is that the shooting happened on a busy road way, and was witnessed by several people. And the jury heard from multiple witnesses who testified that Payne was the aggressor yelling and threatening the victim and basically disputing Payne's consistent recounting of the incident.

I don't know if Abrams eventually brought that point up or not, since it's a short video and doesn't resolve the conversation. But there were significant differences between what Payne says happened and what several jurors testified to witnessing...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT