ADVERTISEMENT

Another Flagrant 2

been a while. I always preferred to respond with my play. But that’s been multiple decades ago. Maybe players nowadays have a different mindset?

I’d still be in the game fighting though…CJ is in the showers.

IU basketball is a joke right now. Basically literally. Wisconsin knew they could get someone. And they did. By rubbing their hair on him. So sad. Not even because of a hard foul, or talking about his mom or anything.

Weak.
nope you pull that shit when your kicking someones ass, gunn should have knocked the **** out of him

been a while. I always preferred to respond with my play. But that’s been multiple decades ago. Maybe players nowadays have a different mindset?

I’d still be in the game fighting though…CJ is in the showers.

IU basketball is a joke right now. Basically literally. Wisconsin knew they could get someone. And they did. By rubbing their hair on him. So sad. Not even because of a hard foul, or talking about his mom or anything.

Weak.
This is just dumb. Wisconsin didn't "know they could get someone". They didn't have some master plan to get an IU player thrown out. That's just who Klesmit is. He does that shit every game. Gunn made a mistake by reacting right then and there with an elbow. He should have gotten Klesmit back within the game. Live and learn.

Reactions: IndyGlen
Klesmit intentionally provoked a response. An assistant coach kinda chuckled with Klesmit’s successful goading.
It was all planned by Wisky. That same assistant coach was the one that jumped up right in the refs ear... pointing at it right when it happened. They were waiting on it to happen. They practiced this.... because they know that IU has some young (and dumb) players that would take the bait.

Which is why I call the whole Wisky program dirty. They can't play on their skill and merits... they have to bait you into doing stuff.

It is weak, all good players can play well mad, hell even I could turn it on back in the day when someone was overly aggressive or generally playing dirty. Channel the mad, stay mad if you lose, but don't throw in the towel with minor league shit and yes, if you just gotta crack somebody, do it with the ball and get away with it.
Speaking of Cracking somebody with the ball..... was it Todd Jadlow that smashed the ball into the face of a Purdue player on an out of bounds play?

I remember seeing that play in my mind, even today.

It was all planned by Wisky. That same assistant coach was the one that jumped up right in the refs ear... pointing at it right when it happened. They were waiting on it to happen. They practiced this.... because they know that IU has some young (and dumb) players that would take the bait.

Which is why I call the whole Wisky program dirty. They can't play on their skill and merits... they have to bait you into doing stuff.
I don't think it's dirty per-se. It's no more dirty than positioning so a player commits his 5th foul to get him out of the game, and that is certainly fair to try to do.

You could say it's dirty because there was absolutely no point to it. Wisonsin had a comfortable lead that they easily recovered any time we started to threaten it. It was completely unnecessary for them to try to get CJ Gunn out of the game. It was more just a dick move than dirty though. Klesmet didn't do anything that would endanger Gunn, which is what I would say is a "dirty" play. And Gunn, or any player at this level, should know how to handle it.

Last edited:
As an unbiased Purdue fan who hates both teams the flagrant 2 was garbage. Refs had replay to see what Klensmit did. Walk over tell both players to stop it and tell Gard to tell his players tho stop the non-basketball stuff because I don’t want to break up a fight later.

Reactions: Brockettman
Klesmit intentionally provoked a response. An assistant coach kinda chuckled with Klesmit’s successful goading.
I didn’t see it until today and given the F2 I expected a full Haas style elbow but it was more of a shove.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT