ADVERTISEMENT

Another Flagrant 2

At least Gunn has some fight. I say.

then you’ve never played competitive sports or are so old you’ve forgotten
No... we were just smart enough to get even when the ref wasn't standing on top of us so we wouldn't give them a big win...

Getting yourself thrown out is stupid and undisciplined and shows you're all about you and not about helping the team...

Besides if you're gonna get a sure flagrant two knock the other guy out of the game too... Total "me first" phony tough guy dumbassery...!

Reactions: z_one and bsmitty08

No, it seems like it's you who've never played competitive sports. If you had, you know that getting thrown out of the game means the other guy wins. What are you talking about?

The Wisky player won. Gunn lost because he got his butt kicked out. His little mental game worked. Gunn reacted just like he wanted him to.

been a while. I always preferred to respond with my play. But that’s been multiple decades ago. Maybe players nowadays have a different mindset?

I’d still be in the game fighting though…CJ is in the showers.

IU basketball is a joke right now. Basically literally. Wisconsin knew they could get someone. And they did. By rubbing their hair on him. So sad. Not even because of a hard foul, or talking about his mom or anything.

Weak.

Losers react. Winners win. Gunn is a loser. Fight when the game is being played. Guess you played on loser teams.

Reactions: psmet91
And really it wasn’t even an elbow that was flagrant. He had to fake it and then kept rubbing the area to make it red.
Gunn should have just shoved him away. Bad move in front of their bench. Really poor sportsmanship by both players - the sweaty blatant baiting by Klesmet and overreaction by Gunn. As far as teaching Klesmet a lesson on the court - well that wasn’t an option - we had no answer.

Gunn should have just shoved him away. Bad move in front of their bench. Really poor sportsmanship by both players - the sweaty blatant baiting by Klesmet and overreaction by Gunn. As far as teaching Klesmet a lesson on the court - well that wasn’t an option - we had no answer.

Defense is an answer.

Reactions: demunn
I replayed the elbow 5 times , and it wasnt like Gunn threw an elbow , he raised his elbow to push klesmit away after he butted his head into Gunn twice . Klesmit then acted like he got elbowed hard . Just Waite until he comes to IU , and pound his cocky ass everytime he drives down the lane .

I replayed the elbow 5 times , and it wasnt like Gunn threw an elbow , he raised his elbow to push klesmit away after he butted his head into Gunn twice . Klesmit then acted like he got elbowed hard . Just Waite until he comes to IU , and pound his cocky ass everytime he drives down the lane .
Agree there's some embelishment by Klesmit but if Gunn just keeps the elbow in his midsection there's no call. Can't throw an elbow to the head.

Reactions: z_one and bdhman
Don Fischer, the voice of the Hoosiers, was not happy with IU's play during the game.

"I'm going to say something I've never said on the air in 51 years," Fischer said. "I'm embarrassed for this team."
Did anyone hear Fisch's postgame interview with Woodson? Or Woodson's comments on any other media? I'm wondering if he made any immediate statement on the F2 and the general sentiment of his remarks.

Reactions: MMM1992
been a while. I always preferred to respond with my play. But that’s been multiple decades ago. Maybe players nowadays have a different mindset?

I’d still be in the game fighting though…CJ is in the showers.

IU basketball is a joke right now. Basically literally. Wisconsin knew they could get someone. And they did. By rubbing their hair on him. So sad. Not even because of a hard foul, or talking about his mom or anything.

Weak.
It is weak, all good players can play well mad, hell even I could turn it on back in the day when someone was overly aggressive or generally playing dirty. Channel the mad, stay mad if you lose, but don't throw in the towel with minor league shit and yes, if you just gotta crack somebody, do it with the ball and get away with it.

He'll come to IU and likely beat Gunn's ass again.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Hockey has instigating. I would have T'd up Klesmer for instigating and given Gunn a flagrant with no ejection.
Yeah but sometimes their hands are tied, could be that an intentional head contact like that is an automatic F2 by rule (I don't know if it is but seems likely). Players should know that, too.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
This is all on woodrow. X gets a F2 and what is the REAL punishment? Then X gets a F1 and hes still not sitting for the first one, but playing which allows the second one to happen. What was the example set by woodrow? Its ok to do this. Im afraid of you the player. You dictate team policy and idiotic play. Im not in control of my team and will never be able to get control of it back. So lets scratch my head and continue down the same course I have set in place. And how dare you question me about anything, and the direction the "players" have chosen to go down. We have players that have a thug mentality and the coach allows it. We have a few decent players on this team who do care about the team and a few who should never step on the court again including the "coach" Somethings gotta change and quickly.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Yeah but sometimes their hands are tied, could be that an intentional head contact like that is an automatic F2 by rule (I don't know if it is but seems likely). Players should know that, too.
Maybe. If there was no instigating, then I don't mind Gunn being tossed.

This is all on woodrow. X gets a F2 and what is the REAL punishment? Then X gets a F1 and hes still not sitting for the first one, but playing which allows the second one to happen. What was the example set by woodrow? Its ok to do this. Im afraid of you the player. You dictate team policy and idiotic play. Im not in control of my team and will never be able to get control of it back. So lets scratch my head and continue down the same course I have set in place. And how dare you question me about anything, and the direction the "players" have chosen to go down. We have players that have a thug mentality and the coach allows it. We have a few decent players on this team who do care about the team and a few who should never step on the court again including the "coach" Somethings gotta change and quickly.
Kinda reminds me of the oncourt product of Sampson's 2nd year after he was canned. EJ, Tabor, DJ White (maybe Stemler) and walk ons with the lackluster other 8-9...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT