ADVERTISEMENT

An increase in almost all forms of cardiovascular disease after COVID-19 infection & recovery

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
This appears not to be limited to those who experience / recognize "Long COVID" symptoms.

FbadiXoVUAsFQYE

source: study at University of Exeter in England

Probably because it caused most of the civilized world to be even more sedentary than they already were
That wouldn't account for a difference between those who got infected and those who somehow avoided infection. I would think that those who have avoided infection likely isolated more and were even MORE sedentary, not less, then those who resumed normal life sooner and got infected.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
Can’t read the article without subscribing. Would love to know the methodology and the absolute risk changes, length of study, etc…. Hard to leave there’s a 10x greater risk of heart failure in COVID patients. Not to mention something like 95% of Americans have antibodies now either thru infection or vaccine or both. Seems very difficult to tease out the actual real risk.

That wouldn't account for a difference between those who got infected and those who somehow avoided infection. I would think that those who have avoided infection likely isolated more and were even MORE sedentary, not less, then those who resumed normal life sooner and got infected.
Can they discern infection from vaccination? What about vaccination+booster?

Can’t read the article without subscribing. Would love to know the methodology and the absolute risk changes, length of study, etc…. Hard to leave there’s a 10x greater risk of heart failure in COVID patients. Not to mention something like 95% of Americans have antibodies now either thru infection or vaccine or both. Seems very difficult to tease out the actual real risk.

Anti-vaxxer response: "I told ya'll you shouldn't be injecting yourself with COVID. That's why all of them peoples are having heart attacks".

Can they discern infection from vaccination? What about vaccination+booster?
good question...

"The rates of many conditions, such as heart failure and stroke, were substantially higher in people who had recovered from Covid than in similar people who had not been infected".

My take: It would stand to reason that the people who had not been infected at all had a higher rate of vaccination and also vaccination + boosting,

or at the VERY worst, no difference. I don't see it being possible that vaccination made you more likely to get infected.

If so, that points toward vaccination not being causative at all, but rather it's infection that is driving increased CV risks

The financial times piece doesn't go over the details, unfortunately

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT