ADVERTISEMENT

All the pressure is on PU while IU has nothing to lose

Running wild to a 7-3 halftime lead. Deb didn’t play D, which was again our undoing. They didn’t go up and down the field on us in the second half because the D shut them down.
Look Broilee.... Dex went out in Q1. We were driving down close to the red zone about to score another TD on you but bad luck hits and he gets hurt. Loses 9 yard. We miss the FG because we didn't game plan with Bad Baz.

Your 2nd sentence there tells me you're really a broilee. You didn't shut us down. Bad Baz shut us down.

Look Broilee.... Dex went out in Q1. We were driving down close to the red zone about to score another TD on you but bad luck hits and he gets hurt. Loses 9 yard. We miss the FG because we didn't game plan with Bad Baz.

Your 2nd sentence there tells me you're really a broilee. You didn't shut us down. Bad Baz shut us down.
Sorry, but I’ve been an IU fan longer than you’ve been alive, so you’re barking up the wrong tree with that dumb take. Our D once again let us down. Go watch the second half again and you’ll hopefully see what happened.

Reactions: bang63
Sorry, but I’ve been an IU fan longer than you’ve been alive, so you’re barking up the wrong tree with that dumb take. Our D once again let us down. Go watch the second half again and you’ll hopefully see what happened.
That's not what your words say.

Are you going to ignore Dex going down early as a major reason why we lost momentum on offense? Will you acknowledge that with him operating the running game we would have kept PU offense on the sidelines?

Are you going to ignore Dex going down early as a major reason why we lost momentum on offense? Will you acknowledge that with him operating the running game we would have kept PU offense on the sidelines?
Of course losing him hurt. I’ve never suggested otherwise. But it wasn’t the O’s fault that Purdue went down the field to take an early second half lead that they never relinquished. And it wasn’t the O’s fault that the D continually gave up gash plays and let receivers run free. That’s all on the D. We might’ve kept PU on the sidelines, but it’s likely they would’ve adjusted their D just they adjusted their O. We, on the other hand, failed to adjust, and it killed us again. Unlike you, I’ve been watching this for a long time.

Reactions: wibler
Of course losing him hurt. I’ve never suggested otherwise. But it wasn’t the O’s fault that Purdue went down the field to take an early second half lead that they never relinquished. And it wasn’t the O’s fault that the D continually gave up gash plays and let receivers run free. That’s all on the D. We might’ve kept PU on the sidelines, but it’s likely they would’ve adjusted their D just they adjusted their O. We, on the other hand, failed to adjust, and it killed us again. Unlike you, I’ve been watching this for a long time.
Our defense has been terrible all season long. They’re not worn out when they give up these wide open pass plays early in the game. They just suck and are poorly coached. Monster and Jaylin were awful most of the year. The backups were unprepared.
Allen talks about “that’s our DNA.”
What is the DNA? Poor tackling, poor fundamentals, out of position?
Allen would be gone at any other school. 1 flukey win vs your rival. 2 conference wins in 2 years. Even at IU, that’s awful.

Our defense has been terrible all season long. They’re not worn out when they give up these wide open pass plays early in the game. They just suck and are poorly coached. Monster and Jaylin were awful most of the year. The backups were unprepared.
Allen talks about “that’s our DNA.”
What is the DNA? Poor tackling, poor fundamentals, out of position?
Allen would be gone at any other school. 1 flukey win vs your rival. 2 conference wins in 2 years. Even at IU, that’s awful.
IU’s starters play too much.

Running wild to a 7-3 halftime lead. Deb didn’t play D, which was again our undoing. They didn’t go up and down the field on us in the second half because the D shut them down.
Dexter moved the chains and more importantly the clock dip sh*t. Too many three and outs in the 2nd half resulted in more possessions and ultimately more points for Purdue.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Your snarky statement "Running wild to a 7-3 halftime lead" conveniently failed to mention that Dex got hurt in the 1st Quarter on our second drive near the red zone while Purdue couldn't stop us. We would have punched that in to go up 14-3 with another shot to score before halftime.

We ran for 215 yards on Purdue even after sacks! That would have been 300 had Dex been in for 3 more quarters.

Even if Purdue Offense woke up. We would have kept up and kept the lead while grinding clock.

I don't care how "long" you've been watching. You still obviously don't know jack, jack.

Dexter moved the chains and more importantly the clock dip sh*t. Too many three and outs in the 2nd half resulted in more possessions and ultimately more points for Purdue.
We held the ball but did little on the scoreboard because we were far too one dimensional. When the D couldn’t get stops in the second half, we were done. After your MSU - Minnesota debacle when you deleted your posts rather than own them, I’m not sure why you’re still trying to talk football..

Your snarky statement "Running wild to a 7-3 halftime lead" conveniently failed to mention that Dex got hurt in the 1st Quarter on our second drive near the red zone while Purdue couldn't stop us. We would have punched that in to go up 14-3 with another shot to score before halftime.

We ran for 215 yards on Purdue even after sacks! That would have been 300 had Dex been in for 3 more quarters.

Even if Purdue Offense woke up. We would have kept up and kept the lead while grinding clock.

I don't care how "long" you've been watching. You still obviously don't know jack, jack.
I know I predicted how our season would go and you missed badly, so there’s that.

He's not on some higher Tier. No he's not. But his optics sure are better. Especially when you look at the course of their tenure, who they took over from, where they started and where they are at now.

As for recruiting.... who has Allen recruited that has really done anything meaningful for IU? Mullen was a stud early in his career but he's almost invisible now. Penix who is tearing it up at Washington? Who has Allen recruited that has been better than David Bell, Karlaftis, Rondale Moore, or any QB he starts? Allen's recruiting classes look great on paper, but they play like paper when on the field.

It really shows how the divisions have really screwed us over though. Brohm as a chance at going to Indy that Allen will never ever have. Even when we went 6-1, the B1G went out of their way to stab us in the back.

When you are the worst program in the league and arguably all of the P5, with an apathetic fan base and no Rose Bowls in 50 years, you can’t really complain when you get the short straw in the realignment. If IU goes west, who goes east?

Reactions: DAG10
Wonder why after DW went down.

Indinia vs West
1-6 in their last 7 v Minnesota
1-10 in their last 11 v Wisconsin
1-6 in their last 7 v Nebraska
1-8 in their last 9 v Iowa
8-17 in their last 25 v Purdue

Purdue vs East "powers" that Indinia is brutal against

5-9 in their last 14 v Ohio state
4-10 in their last 14 v Michigan
2-10 in their last 12 v penn state
8-9 in their last 17 v Michigan state

Truth hurts...more so when you look in the mirror
Win Super Bowl run to IU forum.

You lucked and sucked your way into a five way tie for sixth in the league with your charmin schedule

Playing in the JV division has helped PUke greatly. Spin it any way you need to Gomer.

• Love
Reactions: Gracious Loser

I just disagree with all this. First all I hate that he went down. Terrible. Hopefully a full and speedy recovery. But you are putting a ton on a guy that had 9 yds rushing and 4 yds passing when he went out.

The reason IU came out so well was the offensive line and running backs. 1 huge run on the first score which was nearly 50% of their first half production. The next 3 drives with or without Dexter was basically the same. Running the ball with rbs and controlling the clock. The second drive with Dexter was moving but needed 2 4th down conversions. 3rd drive took up more than half the 3rd quarter and almost all on the ground. And then another couple first down on the ground on their 4th ending the half.

With and without Dexter, Purdue couldn’t stop IUs ground game the whole first half. Purdue adjusted in the second half and their offense got rolling. Imo it had very little to do with the qb going out. Once Purdue had the lead you can’t just run out the clock. Once IU had to try to keep up on offense then it got out of hand.

Reactions: bang63
Indinia vs West
1-6 in their last 7 v Minnesota
1-10 in their last 11 v Wisconsin
1-6 in their last 7 v Nebraska
1-8 in their last 9 v Iowa
8-17 in their last 25 v Purdue

Purdue vs East "powers" that Indinia is brutal against

5-9 in their last 14 v Ohio state
4-10 in their last 14 v Michigan
2-10 in their last 12 v penn state
8-9 in their last 17 v Michigan state

Truth hurts...more so when you look in the mirror
Don't know who the team Indinia is. Makes me suspect of the rest of the posts you put up.

Well, except for that little fact that Purdue played without its starting QB and one of the best offensive players in all of college football and STILL found a way to win 4 games (with none of them against the likes of Western Kentucky or Idaho), and, nearly found a way despite having no business doing so to beat even your mighty Hoosiers squad! To compare the two is ridiculous, but, I would expect nothing less, especially when there is so little to work with.

2020 was a joke, and, '21 and '22 have only confirmed it...even then, capping it off with a loss to Ole Miss' JV squad revealed it for what it really was.

There were 2 "up" years when Purdue was "down"...one in which Purdue's season was completely derailed by injuries, and, another during a world-wide pandemic...awesome...says everything about why those things happened and were as unlikely then as they are moving forward, especially for as long as Allen is there.
Ya right IU never has suffered injuries to important players. Just PUke. Hil-fing-larious. You PUkes are all from the same litter.

Reactions: IUCX9
I just disagree with all this. First all I hate that he went down. Terrible. Hopefully a full and speedy recovery. But you are putting a ton on a guy that had 9 yds rushing and 4 yds passing when he went out.

The reason IU came out so well was the offensive line and running backs. 1 huge run on the first score which was nearly 50% of their first half production. The next 3 drives with or without Dexter was basically the same. Running the ball with rbs and controlling the clock. The second drive with Dexter was moving but needed 2 4th down conversions. 3rd drive took up more than half the 3rd quarter and almost all on the ground. And then another couple first down on the ground on their 4th ending the half.

With and without Dexter, Purdue couldn’t stop IUs ground game the whole first half. Purdue adjusted in the second half and their offense got rolling. Imo it had very little to do with the qb going out. Once Purdue had the lead you can’t just run out the clock. Once IU had to try to keep up on offense then it got out of hand.
Just silly.

Sure Dexter only had 9 yards rushing midway through the first quarter (lost 7 yards the play he was injured) but if you don’t understand what having a true dual threat QB means with his ability to keep the ball on a read option then I can’t help you. It draws an extra defender and an extra assignment. Bazelak isn’t a threat to run. This allowed Purdue to make the necessary adjustments at half time.

Just silly.

Sure Dexter only had 9 yards rushing midway through the first quarter (lost 7 yards the play he was injured) but if you don’t understand what having a true dual threat QB means with his ability to keep the ball on a read option then I can’t help you. It draws an extra defender and an extra assignment. Bazelak isn’t a threat to run. This allowed Purdue to make the necessary adjustments at half time.
Bingo.

Don't know who the team Indinia is. Makes me suspect of the rest of the posts you put up.
@DAG10 is a literal F’n dip shit. Since realignment Purdue is 1-5 against OSU, PSU, and Michigan (soon to be 1-6) and 1-2 against MSU. And that’s literally the point that’s being made. Purdue rarely plays these teams, let alone play all 4 EVERY SINGLE YEAR. If they did their record would reflect as such.

Feel dirty for rooting for Michigan but hope Harbaugh hangs 60 on them. And he will if given the chance.

Just silly.

Ok we have different opinions on what would have happened. It’s my opinion that IU looked the same the whole first half with or without Dexter. The second half Purdue put 8-9 in the box, got a couple stops and their offense got rolling and forced IU to try to keep up and they could not.

It’s just funny to me that all year many here claim over and over that the only difference between IU and Purdue was the schedule. And then when the head to head matchup doesn’t show that as true, it’s not because that opinion is wrong, it’s because the IU qb with very few starts and who hasn’t show a consistent ability to throw a forward pass went down after a quarter.

IU needs a new coach or they will likely be the worst team in the conference regardless of schedule for years to come.

I hope I am wrong. It would be nice to see IU football competitive.

No, I found something completely and utterly asinine and ridiculous...but completely emblematic of Indinia football...more so in that it was prophetic for what a joke that '21 season turned out to be on the heels of the most ludicrous thoughts and statements about the program going into it...it will never go away or be moved on from because it is simply THAT stupid.
I found something utterly asinine and ridiculous that is completely emblematic of Purdue. YOU. You are simply that stupid but we are adult enough to move on and forget about you. Are you 12?

An 8-4 Purdue team with 3 conference losses playing for a chance at a NY6 bowl is a terrible look for the conference.
A terrible look for the conference until PU wins their NY6 bowl game. They seem to have a knack for winning those more often than not, unlike IU.

A terrible look for the conference until PU wins their NY6 bowl game. They seem to have a knack for winning those more often than not, unlike IU.
Playing and subsequently winning a NY6 Bowl would require them beating Michigan, neither of which is going to happen. Purdue hasn't played in a NY6 Bowl equivalent since they lost to Washington in the Rose Bowl back in 2000.

Playing and subsequently winning a NY6 Bowl would require them beating Michigan, neither of which is going to happen. Purdue hasn't played in a NY6 Bowl equivalent since they lost to Washington in the Rose Bowl back in 2000.
FWI in comparison, since 2000, IU has played in 5 bowls games, losing all of them. Our current bowl game losing streak is 6 straight loses (going back to 1993). During the same time period, PU has lost 5 of 12. In the total history of IU football, we've only played in 12 post season bowl games, winning 3. Such is the futility that remains IU football.

FWI in comparison, since 2000, IU has played in 5 bowls games, losing all of them. Our current bowl game losing streak is 6 straight loses (going back to 1993). During the same time period, PU has lost 5 of 12. In the total history of IU football, we've only played in 12 post season bowl games, winning 3. Such is the futility that remains IU football.
No denying Purdue has a better postseason record than Indiana, but winning a NY6 Bowl would be uncharted territory for them. I don't consider beating a 7-5 Tennessee team and a 7-5 Arizona team in meaningless December bowl games as some kind of huge celebratory accomplishment.

Playing and winning a NY6 Bowl however would be a monumental step for that program but the only way that is happening is if they beat Michigan. Purdue is likely destined for the Outback or Citrus Bowl against an SEC team which is what IU has played in recently.

Reality is that you hardly ever play Ohio State. Purdue has played Penn St 3x, OSU twice, and Michigan just ONCE since re-alignment in 2014. Don’t let a one off upset cloud your judgement. If Purdue played UM, PSU, and OSU every single their record would reflect as such and it’d be very similar to IU’s record against the Big 3. It’s a good problem for Purdue to have and why these types of scenarios that Purdue is in now exist.
Purdue could have played in the MAC from 2013 through 2017 and it wouldn’t have meant crap because of a terrible coach hiring. You won 4 straight Bucket games as we averaged 1.25 Big Ten wins a year during the Hazell regime. I believe, without looking, that might have been, or at least tied for the longest chain of “I’d” since Bo McMillin.

Purdue could have played in the MAC from 2013 through 2017 and it wouldn’t have meant crap because of a terrible coach hiring. You won 4 straight Bucket games as we averaged 1.25 Big Ten wins a year during the Hazell regime. I believe, without looking, that might have been, or at least tied for the longest chain of “I’d” since Bo McMillin.
And?

Not sure what that has to do with anything with what I’ve said?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT