ADVERTISEMENT

New HC must elevate IU over pu for good

WTF man, this is your measuring stick for IU football?

IMO, that is what we all make fun of PU and their little brother role in basketball.

I would like to see MUCH more from IU than what you laid out.
PU is our “little brother” in basketball banners only. In overall wins, including BT championships, we our their little brother. They always seem to be a tough out for us.

In football, Purdue has always been better, except for relatively short periods of aberration. Our down period is, for the most part, sustained. It’s why we have the most losses in college football today. PU isn’t anywhere close to our historical ineptness. Look at the W-L record in the Old Oaken Bucket series. It’s not close. It’s why I hate PU so much.

How is it BS? Every time I go to rossade, no one in my section yells iu sucks. It comes from the student section. Maybe a few randoms, but the mass majority of people I know hate it. That and shout.

I've also never heard iu sucks in sweet Caroline and didn't say it in sweet Caroline when I was a student. No idea where it would even fit in. And we sang sweet Caroline every bball game.
Sweeeeeet Caroline, IU Sucks!, Good times never seemed so good. See

My wife and I were watching a PU game on TV a few weeks ago.

Never seen or heard that. I'll listen for it. We always sang the music. The one youtube video I can find is a decade ago and wasn't doing it then. If they do it, it's new and I haven't realized it. I'll listen for it. Which game did you hear it? Roughly which quarter? I legit am curious now...

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion

It’s a rivalry, and it’s harmless. Halftime shows during the OOB game used to feature one school making fun of the other. I remember our band making fun of the golden girl, silver twins and Purdue Pete (and what they did in their daily barnyard chores) and their band parodied the Kinsey Institute as a contrast to their astronaut heritage. It was funny, nobody got hurt, somebody won the game, and life went on. The incessant whining about it makes us look weak and insecure, which is very likely why it persists.

Never seen or heard that. I'll listen for it. We always sang the music. The one youtube video I can find is a decade ago and wasn't doing it then. If they do it, it's new and I haven't realized it. I'll listen for it. Which game did you hear it? Roughly which quarter? I legit am curious now...
Pretty sure it was Wisconsin. Second half, not exactly sure at what point. Purdue was getting pretty much curb stomped and my wife busted out laughing at the couple kids who looked like their enthusiasm had been completely drained, until they got to yell out.

Reactions: BoilerN
It’s a rivalry, and it’s harmless. Halftime shows during the OOB game used to feature one school making fun of the other. I remember our band making fun of the golden girl, silver twins and Purdue Pete (and what they did in their daily barnyard chores) and their band parodied the Kinsey Institute as a contrast to their astronaut heritage. It was funny, nobody got hurt, somebody won the game, and life went on. The incessant whining about it makes us look weak and insecure, which is very likely why it persists.
Hardly whining. Just stating that its not limited to students in my observations. I actually had a fun back and forth with a Purdue Alum tending bar on Grand Cayman Island last spring. He saw me walk up to the bar to order and immediately yelled out "IU Sucks".

Again, don't really care.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
Pretty sure it was Wisconsin. Second half, not exactly sure at what point. Purdue was getting pretty much curb stomped and my wife busted out laughing at the couple kids who looked like their enthusiasm had been completely drained, until they got to yell out.
I'll have to pay attention to that to see if it's changed.

Hardly whining. Just stating that its not limited to students in my observations. I actually had a fun back and forth with a Purdue Alum tending bar on Grand Cayman Island last spring. He saw me walk up to the bar to order and immediately yelled out "IU Sucks".

Wasn’t speaking specifically of you but there are several posters here who say it doesn’t bother them and then they go on and on and on about it, revealing their insecurity over it. It’s a little funny but mostly kind of sad that something so benign enrages them so much. As I’ve said before, we never cared what Purdue fans thought, and we never came unglued the way one unglues some here. It’s really strange.

PU is our “little brother” in basketball banners only. In overall wins, including BT championships, we our their little brother. They always seem to be a tough out for us.

In football, Purdue has always been better, except for relatively short periods of aberration. Our down period is, for the most part, sustained. It’s why we have the most losses in college football today. PU isn’t anywhere close to our historical ineptness. Look at the W-L record in the Old Oaken Bucket series. It’s not close. It’s why I hate PU so much.

I have always thought it was funny that PU fans talk about our dusty banners and yet the lead they have on use in wins and BT titles all came before the beginning of WW2.
Hmmm.

Ya, they chant it at kickoffs. Students do. Wish they'd stop. Most non student fans do. Hail fire was the only time it was chanted in Mackey. They did away with it.
Well, I was in Mackey, I don't know, around 2005 and they did the IU sucks chant then and you were playing IPFW!

Looks like at least one Puke grad made it big as a bartender. Most of them end up shoveling cow manure around W Laff

Literally every kickoff, the overwhelming majority of the Purdue contingent does it. I assume "Hail Fire" is still part of your game day festivities. Crazy thing I noticed a couple weeks ago, your fans have managed to incorporate it into Sweet Caroline. Kind of embarrassing no?
The last couple of games I have attended in the tin hog barn Hail Fire was not played by the band. The crowd still did the IU sucks chant and it was wonderful.

It frustrates some of them including one here that we actually love it as they stomp their feet and sob “it does to bother you”

Adorable

Wasn’t speaking specifically of you but there are several posters here who say it doesn’t bother them and then they go on and on and on about it, revealing their insecurity over it. It’s a little funny but mostly kind of sad that something so benign enrages them so much. As I’ve said before, we never cared what Purdue fans thought, and we never came unglued the way one unglues some here. It’s really strange.
I find this claim difficult to believe. Would you please provide some proof?

Reactions: vesuvius13
I find this claim difficult to believe. Would you please provide some proof?
Read any of your posts on the subject, which are numerous and proof positive. The rage is palpable, all over a benign chant in a rivalry that isn’t nearly as intense as it used to be.

So you cannot back up your claim again

My posts prove the opposite of what you claim but they sure trigger you.

Hmmmmmm
It’s a harmless chant that enrages you, which is why you run to comment on it in every thread where it’s a topic.Im just curious as to why it impacts you in such a visceral manner.

• Haha
So you can’t back up your claims as usual

Lol
Read any of your numerous posts on the subject. They provide plenty of examples. Now, please go troll elsewhere. You’ve accomplished your little mission for the day. The Peegs guys send their regards. lol.

Read any of your numerous posts on the subject. They provide plenty of examples. Now, please go troll elsewhere. You’ve accomplished your little mission for the day. The Peegs guys send their regards. lol.
We talk sports on Peegs daily

You talk about me here daily

I asked politely for any proof and you did…what you always do

We talk sports on Peegs daily

You talk about me here daily

I asked politely for any proof and you did…what you always do
Your pists provide ample proof, but please link any posts where I talk about you here daily. As usual, I’m sure you’ll deflect and dodge, since it’s more make believe from you, Jimmy.

We lead the basketball series since WW2, 74-70. Purdue dominated before then. 51-25-1 in their favor for football during that same period.
I really only care about the last 10 years as it is the most relevant. I say that and also have no idea what the Purdue vs iu record is in the last 10 years. I like relevance. In all sports. I never mention colts superbowl. It's irrelevant today.

The last couple of games I have attended in the tin hog barn Hail Fire was not played by the band. The crowd still did the IU sucks chant and it was wonderful.

It frustrates some of them including one here that we actually love it as they stomp their feet and sob “it does to bother you”

Adorable
Hey, finally, an iu fan that will support me saying what Purdue does and doesn't do vs saying "well, 20 years ago they did it." Only heard iu sucks chanted in the beautiful Mackey when they play iu. Went to two non iu games last year. Not a peep about iu.

• Haha
Hey, finally, an iu fan that will support me saying what Purdue does and doesn't do vs saying "well, 20 years ago they did it." Only heard iu sucks chanted in the beautiful Mackey when they play iu. Went to two non iu games last year. Not a peep about iu.
I always speak the truth. Sometimes I am wrong but I don’t lie.

I have always thought it was funny that PU fans talk about our dusty banners and yet the lead they have on use in wins and BT titles all came before the beginning of WW2.
Hmmm.
Fairleigh Dickinson. Case closed. Also, I think LSU just scored again on Darell Hazell 2.0. Purdue win ceiling will be (3) games.

They are likely going to the last place in the conference. They will for sure have the worst HC in conference.

Honestly, IU will win the bucket by 2 TDS min.

Last edited:
We have been so close to overtaking pu in the last 2 decades. We had won 6 of 8 and 4 in a row.

Then Allen proceeds to go 1-4 vs pu and might go 1-5 if things go as poorly as they have. He wasn't able to overcome his lone Bucket in 2019 or his magical 2020 season. It is almost unbelievable considering IU was 14-7 while pu was 5-13 during 19/20 seasons. I remember Brohm getting laughed at with his monster contract wiles and getting outrecruited and whipped on the field by Allen at half the salary. Looked like Brohm was going to get fired and Allen was about to take IU to the promised land.

Allen then gets an absolutely massive contract and they inexplicably flip roles with IU going 6-18 and pu goes 17-10 with a fake divisional championship.

In 2024, PU will have an awful coach and an awful team without the crutch of the little west division. IU will escape the death trap of the B1G East and will have a golden opportunity to surpass pu for good.

IU cannot, MUST NOT, miss this opportunity. The future of IUFB is at stake.

Honestly, the 6 of 8 wins was more about them and less about us. How many of those seasons did we win a bowl game? How many did we go to a bowl game?

Right now, the bar should be get to 6 wins every year. Then we can talk about dominating Purdue every year. We’re a long way away from that, unless their program totally shits the bed.

Fairleigh Dickinson. Case closed. Also, I think LSU just scored again on Darell Hazell 2.0. Purdue win ceiling will be (3) games.

They are likely going to the last place in the conference. They will for sure have the worst HC in conference.

Honestly, IU will win the bucket by 2 TDS min.
Just to be clear on your prediction: does the 3-win ceiling refer to conference games only or all games? It is an aggressive prediction if it the latter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT