ADVERTISEMENT

New HC must elevate IU over pu for good

Just to be clear on your prediction: does the 3-win ceiling refer to conference games only or all games? It is an aggressive prediction if it the latter.
All games. Your coach is not good. You are back to the Hazell days. 3 wins will be your best season. IU will win the bucket every year muscle shirts is on your sideline.

It’s a rivalry, and it’s harmless. Halftime shows during the OOB game used to feature one school making fun of the other. I remember our band making fun of the golden girl, silver twins and Purdue Pete (and what they did in their daily barnyard chores) and their band parodied the Kinsey Institute as a contrast to their astronaut heritage. It was funny, nobody got hurt, somebody won the game, and life went on. The incessant whining about it makes us look weak and insecure, which is very likely why it persists.
It's barely a rivalry. The last time it had any national significance was 1967. I've been to the USC UCLA game about a dozen times and the Pitt Penn State game once. No asinine behavior on either side because there was great football to focus on.

On the flip side is the great rivalry of Berkeley and Stanford where the Stanford marching band players urinated on the field at halftime. What a great rivalry!

• Wow
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
It's barely a rivalry. The last time it had any national significance was 1967. I've been to the USC UCLA game about a dozen times and the Pitt Penn State game once. No asinine behavior on either side because there was great football to focus on.

On the flip side is the great rivalry of Berkeley and Stanford where the Stanford marching band players urinated on the field at halftime. What a great rivalry!
I remember a fight between IU and PU band members in the early 70’s, with Purdue Pete’s head sledgehammered when it was momentarily removed from its wearer. Lots of fights that day.

The IU/PU rivalry is driven and owned 75% by Purdue. It is part of their every day lives. The constant chanting about IU is just one measure and it defines tham. We pray it never ever stops.

IU and PU bands have had issues. PU's band was banned from Bloomington after a nasty confrontation decades ago.. I would have to look up when that was resolved but it obviously was.

• Wow
Reactions: Jackskip23
When I think of a rivalry game in college football I think of a packed stadium where there is a roar from the crowd on virtually every single play.

For the Indiana Purdue game there are plenty of seats available in prices start at $21. The game is at Purdue. For the Michigan Ohio State game prices start at $580. That game is at Michigan.

When I think of a rivalry game in college football I think of a packed stadium where there is a roar from the crowd on virtually every single play.

For the Indiana Purdue game there are plenty of seats available in prices start at $21. The game is at Purdue. For the Michigan Ohio State game prices start at $580. That game is at Michigan.
IU will not travel well to pu this season and the pu crowd will be down

Both teams suck.

The atmosphere for the OOB game isn’t close to what it used to be, especially at home. When we let the bird poop sit for several days without bothering to clean it up, it kind of symbolized where we were / are. And though they get a bigger crowd, it’s not what it used to be at Purdue, either. And don’t get me started on the number of PU fans who now find their way into AH. Awful.

The atmosphere for the OOB game isn’t close to what it used to be, especially at home. When we let the bird poop sit for several days without bothering to clean it up, it kind of symbolized where we were / are. And though they get a bigger crowd, it’s not what it used to be at Purdue, either. And don’t get me started on the number of PU fans who now find their way into AH. Awful.
As you have seen me post many times. The bird poop arrived the evening/night before and due to a late game at TAH no staff was avail to notice it until the morning of the game and they addressed it as best they could

As you have seen me post many times the PU fan count in TAH is small as with all visitors.

I know you posted this purely as bait and I apologize @E.Z.Rider for biting but

Facts matter

I will let you have the last word

Last edited:
As you have seen me post many times. The bird poop arrived the evening/night before and due to a late game at TAH no staff was avail to notice it until the morning of the game and they addressed it as best they could

As you have seen me post many times the PU fan count in TAH is small as with all visitors.

I know you posted this purely as bait and I apologize @E.Z.Rider for biting but

Facts matter

I will let you have the last word
Unfortunately, you’re mistaken on the bird poop issue. In addition to the east stands, there was a considerable bombardment of the southeastern corner of the playing surface. It was discovered, along with the droppings in the East stands, Friday morning. The difference was that our grounds people cleared / hosed the field, which was necessary prior to Purdue’s early afternoon walk through. Because they were trying to prepare the field and because they needed to them clear the hoses so Purdue could have the field, they chose to not go into the stands for what would have been a longer cleaning, and no one went up there following Purdue’s practice. Thus, it simply didn’t get cleaned. There were reasons, but not knowing about it until it was too late to clean it wasn’t one of them.

As for visiting fans, including Pursue people, we can disagree on that point, though I’ve certainly seen more in AH during the last decade than at any time since the building opened.

Unfortunately, you’re mistaken on the bird poop issue. In addition to the east stands, there was a considerable bombardment of the southeastern corner of the playing surface. It was discovered, along with the droppings in the East stands, Friday morning. The difference was that our grounds people cleared / hosed the field, which was necessary prior to Purdue’s early afternoon walk through. Because they were trying to prepare the field and because they needed to them clear the hoses so Purdue could have the field, they chose to not go into the stands for what would have been a longer cleaning, and no one went up there following Purdue’s practice. Thus, it simply didn’t get cleaned. There were reasons, but not knowing about it until it was too late to clean it wasn’t one of them.

As for visiting fans, including Pursue people, we can disagree on that point, though I’ve certainly seen more in AH during the last decade than at any time since the building opened.
I find this difficult to believe given what I was told directly by the Asst AD. Are you saying he was less informed than you or was lying? Do you have any proof?

As for the PU fans in TAH, I have had tickets for 30+ years and attended as a student and with my parents before that. I don’t just disagree with you I know better.

PU and Ill had some fans in the hall in one or two early Crean years. I saw it myself and see it currently.

You may resume trashing all things IU.

Reactions: DANC
I find this difficult to believe given what I was told directly by the Asst AD. Are you saying he was less informed than you or was lying? Do you have any proof?

As for the PU fans in TAH, I have had tickets for 30+ years and attended as a student and with my parents before that. I don’t just disagree with you I know better.

PU and Ill had some fans in the hall in one or two early Crean years. I saw it myself and see it currently.

The official poop story was absurd.

It is actually what occurred with the bird poop. Just relaying the details.

Been going to AH since it was built (our family tickets go back to the New Field House) and opposing fans used to have a hard time gaining entry, except for the officially allotted tickets. Season ticket holders used to report those who sold their tickets to the ticket office. That’s definitely changed.

And I care deeply for IU, as my time in and and around the University certainly pre-dates yours. It’s just different. Times change.

Last edited:
It is actuall what occurred with the bird poop. Just relaying the details.

Been going to AH since it was built (our family tickets go back to the New Field House) and opposing fans used to have a hard time gaining entry, except for the officially allotted tickets. Season ticket holders used to report those who sold their tickets to the ticket office. That’s definitely changed.

And I care deeply for IU, as my time in and and around the University certainly pre-dates yours. It’s just different. Times change.
Ok so again are you better informed than the Asst AD or are you calling him a liar?

I remember a fight between IU and PU band members in the early 70’s, with Purdue Pete’s head sledgehammered when it was momentarily removed from its wearer. Lots of fights that day.
Was on field for that. One of the band leaders said "make way for the Purdue band" that set it off! Someone took the giant drum stick and beat the drummer into submission!! LOL was my recollection

• Haha
That’s what occurred. Which Assistant AD told you that version of events?
THE AAD Actual title IIRC was Deputy Director and COO of IA

Since you are less informed than most here, we can only assume you are calling him a liar.

THE AAD Actual title IIRC was Deputy Director and COO of IA

Since you are less informed than most here, we can only assume you are calling him a liar.
So, on the one hand, you’re challenging a poster for a link to IU’s position on the poop, but on the other hand, you’re arguing that another poster’s account of the facts contradicts IU’s position on the poop. 😂

So, on the one hand, you’re challenging a poster for a link to IU’s position on the poop, but on the other hand, you’re arguing that another poster’s account of the facts contradicts IU’s position on the poop. 😂
I know what IU's position was, I heard it from the horses mouth.

A troll tells a completely different story and I offer the opportunity to show us where that came from.

As usual more tapdancing.from this fine individual so either he is better informed than the ADD or he is calling him a liar.

Do you have a point? Why are you living on the IU baord?

• Haha
Reactions: Jackskip23 and DANC
Was on field for that. One of the band leaders said "make way for the Purdue band" that set it off! Someone took the giant drum stick and beat the drummer into submission!! LOL was my recollection
Thanks for the info.

Was the "ban" the next year or did that take awhile? Or did the ADs just decide to let things cool for a few years?

I was going to games but just past the "sliding down the hill on cardboard" stage

Moving in during Thanksgiving break was a bad move, not that the schools had any control over that.

Reactions: ESalum86
Saw it all from Section 6. It was great, and we beat a pretty good Purdue team that had Otis Armstrong, Daryl Stingley and Dave Butz. Great day.

You don’t know who it is/was but still call him a liar
I didn’t call anyone a liar, but I do find it odd that you’re unable to recall who provided You with that information. I can tell you who didn’t provide it to you . . . Chuck Crabb. I know this for a fact and remember, facts matter.

I didn’t call anyone a liar, but I do find it odd that you’re unable to recall who provided You with that information. I can tell you who didn’t provide it to you . . . Chuck Crabb. I know this for a fact and remember, facts matter.
Wrong title

You are just embarrassing yourself

Wrong title

You are just embarrassing yourself
I didn’t give CC that title, I just knew for a fact (there’s a reason I know this) he didn’t relay that story to you. Since you’ve suddenly drawn a blank on who allegedly told you this, I’m not sure what’s left to discuss here. Put down your shovel, Court. We’ve seen this from you time and again.

Rest in Peace Coach Knight.

I didn’t give CC that title, I just knew for a fact (there’s a reason I know this) he didn’t relay that story to you. Since you’ve suddenly drawn a blank on who allegedly told you this, I’m not sure what’s left to discuss here. Put down your shovel, Court. We’ve seen this from you time and again.

Rest in Peace Coach Knight.
I told you the title and you can’t make the connection. Very telling

And you are right about one thing. It wasn’t CC. We both know that;)

I told you the title and you can’t make the connection. Very telling

And you are right about one thing. It wasn’t CC. We both know that
You know that when he retired and when the bird incident happened, Chuck was Senior Assistant Athletic Director in charge of athletic facilities, right? There’s a reason I know about the bird incident and you don’t, Court.

You know that when he retired and when the bird incident happened, Chuck was Senior Assistant Athletic Director in charge of athletic facilities, right? There’s a reason I know about the bird incident and you don’t, Court.
I know exactly who he was…and is.

I know exactly who he was…and is.
Interesting that the senior person in charge of facilities wasn’t your source (I keep mentioning his name for a very explicit reason) yet you aren’t able to recall with whom you spoke. You know, Chuck’s office was on the eastern side of the North end zone complex and it offered a panoramic view of the football field, including the southeastern part of the field and the east stands. As the head of facilities, that made sense, don’t you think? Seems like we’ve been here plenty of times before, Court.

Interesting that the senior person in charge of facilities wasn’t your source (I keep mentioning his name for a very explicit reason) yet you aren’t able to recall with whom you spoke. Seems like we’ve been here plenty of times before, Court.
Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT