ADVERTISEMENT

Actual photo of shitshow at Memorial Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is quite amazing how evenly those Geese distributed their little Goose turds...they must have had assigned seats.
As I said in response to another post on this messy issue, this seems like photoshopping (?photoplopping?) to me.

It's the typical basketball mindset that has routinely hurt this program. Football must come first or at least get equal billing.
If you quit beating your head against the wall now, you might live longer.

Reactions: td75
Why is it sad for people to like the sport of basketball better than football

Why do you fail to understand that the longer we ignore football, the further and further our resources will fall behind other schools...and first on that list will be basketball.

It's not coincidence that you look at the Top 25 and a healthy majority are "football schools" that generally don't really care about basketball...but have more to pay for staff than Indiana.

It's not a coincidence that OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, and MSU have passed us on the B10 BB hierarchy. They value football first, and that tide raises all ships.

We focus on an "additional income" asset, while neglecting the primary money maker. Clearly this neglect is finally taking its toll on our financial maneuverability within the basketball program. We better hope Archie works, because we don't have the war chest that other schools have to solve these problems.

Reactions: td75
A game day walk-through as soon as it is light should be basic.

they probably did one, just didn't hit that section.

i totally agree that they should have caught it, but being ticket sales were as they were, having everyone move down to better seats might have been a better solution than a last minute cleanup hosing down attempt might have provided. (do we even have the equipment to hose those rows down)?

that said, while the goose sht thing was bad, don't lose perspective.

the attendance is a much bigger black eye, and hurts the program far more, is not a once every 50 yr event, and don't take you eye off the attendance issue to worry about the crap thing.

that would be letting them off the hook. not holding them accountable.

Last edited:
I will!
I have been to several Bucket games and IU has lost every Bucket game I have every attended at home. I will still attend, and root for IU regardless of the chances of winning. But if you want fans to show, you have to give them optimism of winning.
Were you there Saturday? With a Bowl Game on the line?

i totally agree that they should have caught it, but being ticket sales were as they were, having everyone move down to better seats might have been a better solution than a last minute cleanup hosing down attempt might have provided. (do we even have the equipment to hose those rows down)?

the attendance is a much bigger black eye, and hurts the program far more, and is not a once every 50 yr event, and don't take you eye off the attendance issue to worry about the crap thing.

When the tickets are overpriced , the team is losing, there is no beer, not enough bathrooms, concessions running out of food and/or understaffed, and there are animal droppings all over the seats, it begins to explain why people are reluctant to shell out cash to see the game live. All of these issues are part of the same problem.

What kind of business would run this way? If they did it would not be for long.

When the tickets are overpriced , the team is losing, there is no beer, not enough bathrooms, concessions running out of food and/or understaffed, and there are animal droppings all over the seats, it begins to explain why people are reluctant to shell out cash to see the game live. All of these issues are part of the same problem.

What kind of business would run this way? If they did it would not be for long.

Outside of the tailgating....attending an IUFB game is a pretty abysmal experience in every way.

Outside of the tailgating....attending an IUFB game is a pretty abysmal experience in every way.

I live in TX and try to make a game with the family every other year at the least. My daughter is 13 and has been to 6 or 7 IU football games. She has never seen them win. Granted the last two were Ohio State, but she’s witnessed some pretty poor performances

the attendance is a much bigger black eye, and hurts the program far more, is not a once every 50 yr event, and don't take you eye off the attendance issue to worry about the crap thing.

"Yes sir - we inspected part of it."

I live in TX and try to make a game with the family every other year at the least. My daughter is 13 and has been to 6 or 7 IU football games. She has never seen them win. Granted the last two were Ohio State, but she’s witnessed some pretty poor performances

I likewise failed in my efforts to get my kids to be real IU football fans.....basketball yes, football no.

Why do you fail to understand that the longer we ignore football, the further and further our resources will fall behind other schools...and first on that list will be basketball.

It's not coincidence that you look at the Top 25 and a healthy majority are "football schools" that generally don't really care about basketball...but have more to pay for staff than Indiana.

It's not a coincidence that OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, and MSU have passed us on the B10 BB hierarchy. They value football first, and that tide raises all ships.

We focus on an "additional income" asset, while neglecting the primary money maker. Clearly this neglect is finally taking its toll on our financial maneuverability within the basketball program. We better hope Archie works, because we don't have the war chest that other schools have to solve these problems.
OK lets look at the 8 teams that have won 3 national championships and see who you think would be considered a football school.
UCLA
UK
IU
DUKE
UNC
UCONN
KU
VILLANOVA

Also all of these teams are in the top 25 who I don't consider football schools so that is 13 out of 25 and a few others that wouldn't be considered big time football schools.

Gonzaga
KU
DUKE
NEVADA
UVA
UK
UNC
KSU
MARYLAND
PU
CREIGHTON
BUFFALO
HOSUTON

can we get contact info for those birds, for the next OSU game here.
I was going to say, maybe the section was a PU section and the birds missed their mark, so to speak. If the birds would have crapped and peed on the right parts of PU clothing, nobody would have noticed, lol

This is a message board about sports so I couldn't care less about peoples grammar
The continued dumbing down of America. Will be several forms of Eubonics and only people is a certain sect will be able to communicate with each other.

The continued dumbing down of America. Will be several forms of Eubonics and only people is a certain sect will be able to communicate with each other.
It's ebonics - not eubonics. You might want to look that one up (and then delete your post).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT