ADVERTISEMENT

White House Correspondents Dinner on tonight

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
I just turned on the TV and see that the WHCD is tonight. MSNBC is covering it. Right now it's all in studio yammering, but the speechifying will be starting in the next half hour of so I'd guess.

"Age is the only thing we have in common -- my VP actually endorses me."

Biden short and not very funny.

Last edited:
I’ll have to check out clips.I do love Colin Jost.

Last edited:
Colin Jost is hosting? He’s at least likable.

Him at Che are the only redeeming things about SNL.

They’re real comedians too. Stand ups that work the clubs. Not paid actors like most of the SNL cast.

They’re real comedians too. Stand ups that work the clubs. Not paid actors like most of the SNL cast.
My ex stoker’s good friend was a writer at snl. You couldn’t find a woker crew

Reactions: BradStevens
Jost and Che’s Weekend Update is usually very funny and the best part of SNL and often many of the skits are mildly amusing rather than hilarious. However, sometimes they click and most of the show is hilarious. That happened about three weeks ago. The next week it wasn’t. Hit or miss, but we DVR and watch every new show. Been doing it for decades so it’s a habit and worth it when they click.

Jost and Che’s Weekend Update is usually very funny and the best part of SNL and often many of the skits are mildly amusing rather than hilarious. However, sometimes they click and most of the show is hilarious. That happened about three weeks ago. The next week it wasn’t. Hit or miss, but we DVR and watch every new show. Been doing it for decades so it’s a habit and worth it when they click.
I can’t remember the last time I watched a show on network tv

Reactions: dr.jb
Nah. Stop watching SNL. We are in a comedy renaissance. So many good stand ups right now.

Tim Dillon. Shane Gillis. Bargatze is good. Chappelle is still putting out specials.

You’re eating at Applebees when there is dry aged ribeye available.

I can’t remember the last time I watched a show on network tv
I like DVR. I even DVR football and basketball games and start watching 15 or 20 minutes after they start so I can skip commercials. I like to be caught up after halftime to watch end of games live.

I find Ghosts pretty funny and we watch NCIS Hawaii since she grew up there and I have more than nine years living there. We crack up when they start a chase and instantly go from one side of the island to another. ;)

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I like DVR. I even DVR football and basketball games and start watching 15 or 20 minutes after they start so I can skip commercials. I like to be caught up after halftime to watch end of games live.

I find Ghosts pretty funny and we watch NCIS Hawaii since she grew up there and I have more than nine years living there. We crack up when they start a chase and instantly go from one side of the island to another. ;)
🤣🤣

Nah. Stop watching SNL. We are in a comedy renaissance. So many good stand ups right now.

Tim Dillon. Shane Gillis. Bargatze is good. Chappelle is still putting out specials.

You’re eating at Applebees when there is dry aged ribeye available.
What makes you think I don’t tune into those stand up specials? I watch what I want to watch. Many choices available.

Omg. All this time I’ve been arguing with my dork uncle.

Most of the SNL cast comes from improv, since it is sketch comedy show. But over the years a lot of the cast members were from the standup world and were usually used as the Weekend Update anchors like, Norm McDonald, Kevin Nealon, Colin Quinn, and Dennis Miller,

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
I just turned on the TV and see that the WHCD is tonight. MSNBC is covering it. Right now it's all in studio yammering, but the speechifying will be starting in the next half hour of so I'd guess.
Trump on Truth Social: "The White House Correspondents’ Dinner was really bad. Colin Jost BOMBED, and Crooked Joe was an absolute disaster! Doesn’t get much worse than this!"

What an asshole. Like he even watched a minute of it, although I'm sure he got word that he was the butt of several jokes.

Trump hasn't had the balls to show up at a WHCD since Obama hurt his feelings when he gently roasted him during the 2011 event. That, of course, was after weeks of Trump's unrelenting TV blitz where he suggested Obama was Muslim and repeatedly claimed that he was an illegitimate president because he wasn't born in the US - - "one of the great scams of all time," he told Bill O'Reilly.

If I was Obama, my humor directed at Trump that night would have been a lot more caustic.

Funny Jost joke Saturday night: "I’ll be honest with you, I don’t have a lot of time. I need to get back to New York because I’m juror number five on a big trial. Trump’s lawyer took one look at me, and he’s like, ‘He’s got to be on our side.’”

Reactions: cosmickid
Trump on Truth Social: "The White House Correspondents’ Dinner was really bad. Colin Jost BOMBED, and Crooked Joe was an absolute disaster! Doesn’t get much worse than this!"

What an asshole. Like he even watched a minute of it, although I'm sure he got word that he was the butt of several jokes.

Trump hasn't had the balls to show up at a WHCD since Obama hurt his feelings when he gently roasted him during the 2011 event. That, of course, was after weeks of Trump's unrelenting TV blitz where he suggested Obama was Muslim and repeatedly claimed that he was an illegitimate president because he wasn't born in the US - - "one of the great scams of all time," he told Bill O'Reilly.

If I was Obama, my humor directed at Trump that night would have been a lot more caustic.

Funny Jost joke Saturday night: "I’ll be honest with you, I don’t have a lot of time. I need to get back to New York because I’m juror number five on a big trial. Trump’s lawyer took one look at me, and he’s like, ‘He’s got to be on our side.’”
Whatever Trump "truthed" (that's an extremely ironic word), his slavishly devoted sycophants that didn't watch a minute of it will repeat verbatim. I watched some clips and Jost was funny and Biden was amusing at times. Trump is too thin skinned to let anything aimed at him, no matter how mild, slide by without a barrage of lies to counter it.

Reactions: Bowlmania
Whatever Trump "truthed" (that's an extremely ironic word), his slavishly devoted sycophants that didn't watch a minute of it will repeat verbatim. I watched some clips and Jost was funny and Biden was amusing at times. Trump is too thin skinned to let anything aimed at him, no matter how mild, slide by without a barrage of lies to counter it.
It's as though his emotional maturity and development stopped at about age 12. I've never seen anything like this in any other leader, in any setting - - at least no leader who lasts in the job.

Sounds dirty.
My wife watches that Bachelor/Bachelorette series and group texts with friends during each episode. She's also a fan of a couple of Bravo "reality" shows. I find that stuff completely unwatchable, but then again I'm not part of the target demographics - - women and gay men.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT