ADVERTISEMENT

2024 thoughts

I like Shapiro, he’s easily spoofed and I enjoy those that spoof him as well. But he’s at least original and his thoughts are his own.

What I can’t stand are drafters like Charlie Kirk or Candace Owens who simply copy and paste what people like Sowell and Shapiro say for a living.
He benefits from living in a civilized society is all I'm saying.

Reactions: HooDatGuy
No way. Once he formally announces, his fundraising and spending fall under FEC scrutiny. He's going to bleed his supporters for all they're worth and pocket as much as he can beforehand.
I agree, everything except the bleeding part. It's too soon and the rules are to stiffeling once he announces. Build up the war chest, get data from Maracopa, Georgia and Philly. Then announce formally.

I DESPISE the fact that currently our 3 most likely candidates are Biden, Harris, and Trump. Some further rambling thoughts and questions.

-I can’t envision Biden being capable of running again. Further, I can’t see him escaping this Afghanistan debacle politically. So odds are pretty good that Harris is gonna lead the ticket in my opinion. Heck, the DNC might have already made their decision. My guess is Harris stays very far away from this. She’ll probably be front and center with cleanup efforts in Louisiana these next few weeks. She’ll become more active it Covid stuff too.

-Speaking of Harris, despite being both a female, and a minority, she doesn’t seem to excite or energize the two HUGE driving forces in successful Democratic National election bids…women and minorities. I can envision one catalyst to light those groups on fire…Donald J Trump. I think any form of a controlled, heck even contrite Trump, could beat Harris. But in reality, he’d last…1 week maybe…into an election against her before saying something that shoves a lightning rod up those demographics asses. And in the end, while his base will turn out in huge numbers against someone so openly different from them, in Harris. I think the hed produce such an astonishingly huge number of voters on the other side, that he’d lose handily.

-If Trump doesn’t run though…what gives the RNC the best chance to win? Trump 2.0? Someone that will tap into the energy Trump creates with controversial words. Same risk as above by energizing the opponents base as much or more than your own. Or can they win with someone like Kasich? Voter turnouts are lower probably. Many will think it’s a “boring” race. Republicans seem bent on suppressing votes. Why not nominate a candidate that will do that? For what it’s worth, I think someone like Kasich would be MILES better than the 3 most likely candidates. Better as a President. But also just better for the soul of our country. I’m sure he’s done running at this point. Just using him as an example. Not sure who an applicable 24 candidate would be.

-is the Republican Party ready for someone like Tim Scott? Or even Candace Owens? How much base would that immediately hack off? Would it make their tent bigger?

Not to sound too dramatic. But I’m really worried about the trajectory of our country right now. Our last two presidents are quite possibly the worst in our country’s history. Or could be 3 years from now if this one doesn’t pick it up a bit. And man…a Harris presidency scares me. I don’t think she’d be a very good President first of all. And while I think a minority, woman, President would be a great step for our country…I think this particular one would deepen the already canyon like divide we’re seeing. And that isn’t good.

Why can’t a good moderate be nominated? And/or win? From either side. When it’s sooo obvious that’s what we need?
I agree with 94.3% of this.

Biden was determined by the DNC as the nominee for one reason only: he was the best option to beat Trump. I struggle seeing him running again. Harris will need to be spotlighted post-mid terms or they need to get someone else prepped. She has made zero progress to date. Pete is a good choice IMO and so he will need to be front and center. The Afghan mess will be utilized by the RNC in the mid-terms but I am not sure it is long tail enough to move the needle much in 2024.

On the RNC side Trump is still the frontrunner but he has zero chance in a national election IMO. Too old too fat, his family is a collective boat anchor and he may be in jail by then anyway. DeSantis is trump 2.0 but getting hammered in FL right now over his disastrous handling of Covid and it will only get worse as kids get sick at a faster rate and trumpers keep making asses of themselves at school board meetings.

The markets have done well collectively so there are educated people that voted for Trump because of their investments that will now feel that the Dems can deliver in that area. DOW is + 4,500 YTD.

Biden is a shitty POTUS but the far lesser of two evils. 2024 we need to make progress.

The only way he'd lose if if the mail-in ballot fiasco repeats itself - and it probably will.
The base has shrunk and will keep shrinking

• Educated investors who voted for trump to protect their retirement see the markets are just fine
  • Trumpers dying from covid daily or getting so sick they see how badly they have been duped,
  • Jan 6 embarassed a lot of reasonable trump supporters,
  • Idiot trump supporters embarassing reasonable trump supporters at school board meetings and in restaurants nationwide.

These people have done themselves no favors. We are also going to learn a lot more about Trump's "dealings", tax issues, and fleecing of his flock before 2024. DeSantis needs to get prepped but instead he is currently screwing the pooch in FL.

• Haha
Reactions: Btfu2017

• Educated investors who voted for trump to protect their retirement see the markets are just fine
  • Trumpers dying from covid daily or getting so sick they see how badly they have been duped,
  • Idiot trump supporters embarassing reasonable trump supporters at school board meetings and in restaurants nationwide.

These people have done themselves no favors. We are also going to learn a lot more about Trump's "dealings", tax issues, and fleecing of his flock before 2024. DeSantis needs to get prepped but instead he is currently screwing the pooch in FL.
Numbers are dropping in Florida. Same cycle repeating itself. The cases will migrate north this fall and fla will look fine. I worry more about desantis' trolling crazy streak.

Reactions: DANC

Biden was determined by the DNC as the nominee for one reason only: he was the best option to beat Trump. I struggle seeing him running again. Harris will need to be spotlighted post-mid terms or they need to get someone else prepped. She has made zero progress to date. Pete is a good choice IMO and so he will need to be front and center. The Afghan mess will be utilized by the RNC in the mid-terms but I am not sure it is long tail enough to move the needle much in 2024.

On the RNC side Trump is still the frontrunner but he has zero chance in a national election IMO. Too old too fat, his family is a collective boat anchor and he may be in jail by then anyway. DeSantis is trump 2.0 but getting hammered in FL right now over his disastrous handling of Covid and it will only get worse as kids get sick at a faster rate and trumpers keep making asses of themselves at school board meetings.

The markets have done well collectively so there are educated people that voted for Trump because of their investments that will now feel that the Dems can deliver in that area. DOW is + 4,500 YTD.

Biden is a shitty POTUS but the far lesser of two evils. 2024 we need to make progress.
Yeah dummy. No matter how many times you say to the contrary, DeSantis managed COVID fine. I didn’t agree with him preventing mask mandates, but like all things DeSantis it was majorly blown out of proportion because they see him as a threat.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
Numbers are dropping in Florida. Same cycle repeating itself. The cases will migrate north this fall and fla will look fine. I worry more about desantis' trolling crazy streak.
Ding. Ding. Ding. It’s like these people all hibernated last year or something. When NYC and Chicago are getting hammered by Delta or whatever the variant du jour is this winter they’ll slink back into their holes life the grifters they are.

Interesting that you claim Trump's family is a boat anchor. Hunter Biden says "Hold my beer".

Too fat? How superficial can you get?

You guys don't like Trump - I get it. How about applying the same standards to Democrats?

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory

The people who are embarrassed by 1/6 never voted for Trump anyway.

If anything, the Democrat hypocrisy on Biden - and Biden's incompetence - makes Trump look even better. The border situation and Afghanistan fiasco will be major factors. If inflation continues, that's a big trifecta.

Let's see another Democrat who will supposedly get over 80 million votes. Mayor Pete couldn't even run a minor city effectively.

• Haha

If anything, the Democrat hypocrisy on Biden - and Biden's incompetence - makes Trump look even better. The border situation and Afghanistan fiasco will be major factors. If inflation continues, that's a big trifecta.

Let's see another Democrat who will supposedly get over 80 million votes. Mayor Pete couldn't even run a minor city effectively.
I’m embarrassed by 1/6 and I voted for Trump.

They can only win with fake mail in balloting. Mail in balloting is the biggest scam in politics. Even the French know this.

So you should be doubly embarrassed.
Eh. If I can go back in time maybe I sit the 2020 Presidential election out. That was the original plan until I wandered over to the polling place at the last second on Election Day.

Would probably be more embarrassed if I voted for the guy in office now.

• Haha
where's the indictment so many guaranteed. regardless history isn't on his side. wasn't grover cleveland the only loser to ever come back and win.
He's won twice in a row despite having every disadvantage possible. And things went straight to hell the second he left office. I'd say he has an excellent chance especially against Kamala.

They can only win with fake mail in balloting. Mail in balloting is the biggest scam in politics. Even the French know this.

Trump can only win with dead people voting for him.

Still waiting on the evidence of fraud with mail in voting..coming any day now i am sure

He's won twice in a row despite having every disadvantage possible. And things went straight to hell the second he left office. I'd say he has an excellent chance especially against Kamala.
Stop. i think you're forgetting the last year of his presidency as well as the fact that he lost the popular vote in a landslide to a cadaver. i cannot possibly think of a worse combo than biden and harris. they are every bit as lousy as many of us anticipated, and they crushed trump in the popular vote. why? because it was a referendum on trump. people came out in droves to vote against him. what's more people that we should be able to count on, aloha, twenty, ranger, myself, hell maybe even courtsense, won't vote for trump. how on earth do you think he has a chance? what you're seeing is a devout group of trump supporters that fall far short of enough to win.

we have:
foreign policy mess/embarrassment
border mess/embarrassment
covid mess
bidenflation
labor issues
absurd stereotypical spending
pandering to progressives
a vp with a horrific approval rating
a president with a horrific approval rating that is a gaffe waiting to happen every time he stands up

Everything is teed up for conservatives to kick ass at midterms and if things trend like they are retake the white house. Trump is the fly in the ointment... Enough with trump. Don't make the mistake of believing that because biden/harris are terrible voters will want trump back. they're all terrible. just in different ways

Reactions: TommyCracker
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Stop. i think you're forgetting the last year of his presidency as well as the fact that he lost the popular vote in a landslide to a cadaver. i cannot possibly think of a worse combo than biden and harris. they are every bit as lousy as many of us anticipated, and they crushed trump in the popular vote. why? because it was a referendum on trump. people came out in droves to vote against him. what's more people that we should be able to count on, aloha, twenty, ranger, myself, hell maybe even courtsense, won't vote for trump. how on earth do you think he has a chance? what you're seeing is a devout group of trump supporters that fall far short of enough to win.

we have:
foreign policy mess/embarrassment
border mess/embarrassment
covid mess
bidenflation
labor issues
absurd stereotypical spending
pandering to progressives
a vp with a horrific approval rating
a president with a horrific approval rating that is a gaffe waiting to happen every time he stands up

Everything is teed up for conservatives to kick ass at midterms and if things trend like they are retake the white house. Trump is the fly in the ointment... Enough with trump. Don't make the mistake of believing that because biden/harris are terrible voters will want trump back. they're all terrible. just in different ways
Name some Republican candidate you guys WOULD vote for.

I would bet they wouldn't get 74 million votes.

Last edited:
Name some Republican candidate you guys WOULD vote for.

I would be they wouldn't get 74 million votes.
i'd vote for desantis.

danc your calculous is wrong. it's not just how many votes the repub would get; it's how galvanized the candidate makes the opposition to vote against him. biden got 81 million votes. perhaps if people don't hate desantis (or some other repub) they stay home and don't provide the dem with in excess of 80 mil votes

i'd vote for desantis.

danc you're calculous is wrong. it's not just how many votes they'd get; it's how galvanized they'd make people to vote against trump. biden got 81 million votes. perhaps if people don't hate desantis (or some other repub) they stay home and don't provide the dem with in excess of 80 mil votes
I think you're not figuring in the fact that Trump voters will stay home if he decides to run and isn't the GOP nominee.

There's no way another Democrat would get anywhere close to 80 million legitimate votes. Not Biden. Not Harris. Not Bootyjudge. No one, especially after 4 years of Biden/Harris.

Many voters will lose their contempt of Trump after 4 years of this administration.

i'd vote for desantis.

danc your calculous is wrong. it's not just how many votes the repub would get; it's how galvanized the candidate makes the opposition to vote against him. biden got 81 million votes. perhaps if people don't hate desantis (or some other repub) they stay home and don't provide the dem with in excess of 80 mil votes
And would you vote for Desantis if Trump endorses and campaigns for him? After unrelenting attacks by the media on him for Trump's support?

He's already drawn major heat for his stand on Covid.

By the time Desantis runs, the media will have the country believing he's 10 times worse than Trump.

And would you vote for Desantis if Trump endorses and campaigns for him? After unrelenting attacks by the media on him for Trump's support?

By the time Desantis runs, the media will have the country believing he's 10 times worse than Trump.
of course i'd vote for him if trump campaigns for him. i just won't vote for trump

That's inevitable, they're going to throw the kitchen sink at whoever ends up being the GOP nominee, Trump endorsement or not. DeSantis has shown a strong ability to smack down those smears and move on in a way Trump can't do without losing his cool.

That's inevitable, they're going to throw the kitchen sink at whoever ends up being the GOP nominee, Trump endorsement or not. DeSantis has shown a strong ability to smack down those smears and move on in a way Trump can't do without losing his cool.
I agree he has. But he's had nothing against him like the attacks on Trump.

We'll see if he can withstand that type of yellow journalism.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
ADVERTISEMENT