ADVERTISEMENT

2024 thoughts

of course i'd vote for him if trump campaigns for him. i just won't vote for trump
Serious question: Who is the better President, so far? Biden or Trump?

Forget the personalities. Who do you think is the better President?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
He's won twice in a row despite having every disadvantage possible. And things went straight to hell the second he left office. I'd say he has an excellent chance especially against Kamala.
I know you are being sarcastic but there are actually people out there that believe this. Kinda scary.

Equally lousy?

You know you're avoiding the question.
Biden leaves a LOT to be desired and we knew that going in. No one actually voted FOR Biden, we all voted against trump for obvious reasons.

Biden ain't great but trump was just a cartoon character that did a lot of damage on many levels. Hopefully neither of these toads are on the ballot in 2024.

Biden leaves a LOT to be desired and we knew that going in. No one actually voted FOR Biden, we all voted against trump for obvious reasons.

Biden ain't great but trump was just a cartoon character that did a lot of damage on many levels. Hopefully neither of these toads are on the ballot in 2024.
Again, who do you think is a better President, based on the results so far?

I get you don't like Trump. I'm talking about performance as a President.

Trump lost it his last year with Covid and Blm response. Again they are both lousy
Again, not an answer.

And I know why you won't answer. You guys are letting your emotions get the best of you and are putting those emotions ahead of the good of the country.

You also know, in your heart, there was nothing Trump could do about the virus once it arrived in the US. There was no vaccine, yet one was developed in record time under Trump. Biden has the advantage of a vaccine that was being given to over 1 million per day when he took office and what's he done to stop the Delta variant?

You guys bought the media BS about Trump and the virus, just like so many bought the Russian hoax. You, or others like you, are embarrassed by Trump because the 'elite' in this country can't stand his crassness, even though so many gladly took his money before he challenged their grip on power. Saying you support Trump makes you persona non grata with your friends.

You really need to examine your feelings about Trump and find out where they come from. I don't personally like the man, either, but my concern is for the country - not my feelings.

Again, not an answer.

And I know why you won't answer. You guys are letting your emotions get the best of you and are putting those emotions ahead of the good of the country.

You also know, in your heart, there was nothing Trump could do about the virus once it arrived in the US. There was no vaccine, yet one was developed in record time under Trump. Biden has the advantage of a vaccine that was being given to over 1 million per day when he took office and what's he done to stop the Delta variant?

You guys bought the media BS about Trump and the virus, just like so many bought the Russian hoax. You, or others like you, are embarrassed by Trump because the 'elite' in this country can't stand his crassness, even though so many gladly took his money before he challenged their grip on power. Saying you support Trump makes you persona non grata with your friends.

You really need to examine your feelings about Trump and find out where they come from. I don't personally like the man, either, but my concern is for the country - not my feelings.
When he first started talking like that, I suspected that he wasn't really a Pub. Then once he said he likes Soccer, I new being a pub is just a character that he plays on here.

When he first started talking like that, I suspected that he wasn't really a Pub. Then once he said he likes Soccer, I new being a pub is just a character that he plays on here.
I'm not knocking him personally. He tries to be fair to both sides, but sometimes it's obvious the other side is way out there.

I'm making a general point - not putting down McMurtry. Courtsense is another otherwise sensible poster, but he's got a blind spot when it comes to Trump.

I just want these guys to say who is better - Trump or Biden. Overall. I'm not going to slam them for their opinion. If they say Biden, fine. I'm not even arguing who is better.

But, in their hearts, if they think Trump was really the better President and they continue to vote for anyone but Trump, they don't really have the best interest of the country in mind when they vote.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Biden, for reasons of
1) improved COVID response
2) beginnings of moving away from climate change denial
3) exit from Putin's anal cavity / respect of allies (though Afghan exit was not good)
4) hints of attempts to someday formulate an immigration policy
5) abandoning of the policy of legislation by deranged 4AM tweet from the White House crapper
6) lack of a corrupt sewer of an administration, where people resigned in shame by the week or were fired by deranged 4AM tweets from the White House crapper

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I'm not knocking him personally. He tries to be fair to both sides, but sometimes it's obvious the other side is way out there.

I'm making a general point - not putting down McMurtry. Courtsense is another otherwise sensible poster, but he's got a blind spot when it comes to Trump.

I just want these guys to say who is better - Trump or Biden. Overall. I'm not going to slam them for their opinion. If they say Biden, fine. I'm not even arguing who is better.

But, in their hearts, if they think Trump was really the better President and they continue to vote for anyone but Trump, they don't really have the best interest of the country in mind when they vote.
I know man, but I've been looking for an opening to use that Soccer reference for 2 months! :)

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66 and DANC
Million dollar question. I think we might look back at the 90's and, given a chance to do it all over, would have receded militarily around the world. Perhaps let the Middle East devolve into whatever it was going to devolve (or evolve) into and work with/around it.

Hindsight and all.
Seems to me we were backing off in the 90's until 9/11, and the neo cons came back to life.

Reactions: larsIU
Biden, for reasons of
3) exit from Putin's anal cavity / respect of allies (though Afghan exit was not good)
5) abandoning of the policy of legislation by deranged 4AM tweet from the White House crapper
6) lack of a corrupt sewer of an administration, where people resigned in shame by the week or were fired by deranged 4AM tweets from the White House crapper
Typical immature, fact-less post from you.

Let's just take #1 - how has his Covid response been better? Have you noticed all the deaths from the Delta variant? Why aren't more people vaccinated? He was handed the vaccine on a silver platter by Trump.

Yours is a list of talking points and have no basis in fact.

You really shouldn't be allowed in an adult conversation.

• Haha
Seems to me we were backing off in the 90's until 9/11, and the neo cons came back to life.
Our backing off stance in the 90's lead to a series of attacks on embassies, the WTC and the U.S.S. Cole that escalated and culminated in 9/11. We can choose to end a war, but it doesn't mean they'll stop fighting us.

Reactions: DANC
Ah yes. This maniacal little scheme I've devised of finding a message board where I can dupe anonymous posters into believing I'm a republican when I'm really a democrat!!!!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahaha

Last edited:
Biden, for reasons of
stop. biden's been absolutely horrible so far. his approval rating is in the shitter for a reason

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
Our backing off stance in the 90's lead to a series of attacks on embassies, the WTC and the U.S.S. Cole that escalated and culminated in 9/11. We can choose to end a war, but it doesn't mean they'll stop fighting us.
You'd think our politicians would have learned lessons from Iran. The Shah might have been a tyrant, but he was OUR tyrant. He kept the crazies from attacking us.

When we get an attack of a guilty conscience and abandon OUR strong men, the crazies take over and puts us at more risk.

If we really want to act in our best interest, we'd prop up dictators friendly to us. It might not be a morally correct thing to do, but it's not very moral when we're attacked just for being us.

We need to stop being by far the most war-mongering country in the history of Earth. 245 years and I recall seeing that there's been <20 years in which we had no wars going on.

We are not the world's policeman. Trump had that part right, as amazing as that sounds, though it's hard to retreat from such an entrenched philosophy. Facilitate democracy, oppose oppression, without cramming these concepts down a country's throat through micromanaged nation-building and/or military occupation.

• Haha
We need to stop being by far the most war-mongering country in the history of Earth. 245 years and I recall seeing that there's been <20 years in which we had no wars going on.

We are not the world's policeman. Trump had that part right, as amazing as that sounds, though it's hard to retreat from such an entrenched philosophy. Facilitate democracy, oppose oppression, without cramming these concepts down a country's throat through micromanaged nation-building and/or military occupation.
"Sit back and hope they don't attack us"

But, in their hearts, if they think Trump was really the better President and they continue to vote for anyone but Trump, they don't really have the best interest of the country in mind when they votbut t
but that's the point. i can't say who is better. trump in his first three years was great imo. loved him. i still think he's a funny entertaining guy. unlike most on here i like trump. he's an insane narcissist and reminds me of a number of my former partners and bosses. by the end of his presidency we were in a terrible, divisive place as a country. he made fights where they were unnecessary and took absurd positions on masks, riots, all of it. he ended in a terrible place.

and now biden sucks to start his presidency.

so who is better? worse? i have no idea. if stim goes through and my taxes start going up and inflation continues and there' s rhetoric of online school and lockdowns i'll say i'd rather have trump, but we're not there yet

Last edited:
  • Haha
Guess "backing off" should be defined.

When thinking of embassy attacks, U.S.S. Cole, the World Trade Center, and even 9/11 my mind runs to the importance of maintaining national and world wide intelligence against terrorism. On this, we should if anything buck it up. The 9/11 Commission came to this conclusion.

Earlier "backing off" comments were about large scale military operations.

but that's the point. i can't say who is better. trump in his first three years was great imo. loved him. i still think he's a funny entertaining guy. unlike most on here i like trump. he's an insane narcissist and reminds me of a number of my former partners and bosses. by the end of his presidency we were in a terrible, divisive place as a country. he made fights where they were unnecessary and took absurd positions on masks, riots, all of it. he ended in a terrible place.

and now biden sucks to start his presidency.

so who is better? worse? i have no idea. if stim goes through and my taxes start going up i'll say i'd rather have trump, but we're not there yet
MM66, enjoyed your post.

An executive secretary for the divisional manager who served many divisional managers once commented, "They come, and they go".

I feel this way about U.S. Presidents.

All we can do is make the best out of lives in spite or because of them.

MM66, enjoyed your post.

An executive secretary for the divisional manager who served many divisional managers once commented, "They come, and they go".

I feel this way about U.S. Presidents.

All we can do is make the best out of lives in spite or because of them.
that's why you're the wise old owl of this board

2024 Dem prez candidate won't be Biden, and while Harris is Wall St's choice, she isn't popular with voters. (though neither was Biden, with extremely good reason).

the DNC corporate owners and their media will push hard for Harris because she's totally ownable like Biden, which is why she was installed at VP as Biden was at Prez.

what will be interesting, is seeing to what lengths the DNC, CNN, and Comcast/NBC, will go to sabotage any DNC non Wall St lackey. (AT&T will possibly/likely not still directly control CNN in 2024, but indirectly, AT&T and Comcast still will control CNN, and Comcast will still own NBC).

to date, no candidate has been able to overcome both the party and all party corp mainstream media sabotaging them with all the might they can muster. (which is beyond considerable).

will be interesting to see if social media has become enough of a force by 2024, to overcome the collective might of the Wall St wholly owned DNC, and corporate CNN and NBC.

Drone attacks that kill 7 kids are less prevalent when you have boots and good intel sources on the ground.
Drone attacks that, becuase of good intel, kill 0 kids but that wipe out 7 sets of their parents really builds the love with those kids, don't you think? That's what we seem to be facing. The orphans are rasied as militants and radicalized precisely because of our efforts to "show them the way".

Reactions: UncleMark
Drone attacks that, becuase of good intel, kill 0 kids but that wipe out 7 sets of their parents really builds the love with those kids, don't you think? That's what we seem to be facing. The orphans are rasied as militants and radicalized precisely because of our efforts to "show them the way".
We kill terrorists, sometimes they leave behind orphans. I can sleep with it.

Is that supposed not to be a misogynistic joke? Or are you past even pretending to be a decent, professional human being?
Why are you assuming a negative connotation to sexual promiscuity?

It may be a compliment now.

Spreading
Love
Uniformly
Through
Society

Very active social justice group

"Paid political operatives stole the ballots out of (anti trumpers) mailboxes"

Well, that solves the case by cracky

Reactions: TommyCracker
Typical immature, fact-less post from you.

Let's just take #1 - how has his Covid response been better? Have you noticed all the deaths from the Delta variant? Why aren't more people vaccinated? He was handed the vaccine on a silver platter by Trump.

Yours is a list of talking points and have no basis in fact.

You really shouldn't be allowed in an adult conversation.
Lol on why aren't more people vaccinated. Are you blaming me for having shit in my driveway after you shit in my driveway?

Currently I can walk into about any drug store and get the vaccine for free. That wasn't the case or close to the case seven months ago.

You've said it yourself a billion times on here....vaccinations should be a personal choice (part of your 'my body, my choice. You're body, my choice' belief).

Other than forced vaccinations all we can do is logistically make as easy as possible to get...which he did with flying colors.

The fact that an over whelming amount of Trumpsters are being hospitalized and dying off are from the loony news that you listen to and parrot (did you buy your multiple vitamin combinations that right wing media pushes on you, which is the basis for all of the clown Covid remedies that you keep coming up with vs simply getting vaccinated for free).

The only blight on Biden so far is the Afghanistan exit and even that can be spun as having to wipe Trump's ass again.

The markets are screaming right now.

Inflation is part year over year reporting and having the economy pivot so drastically last year (ie inventories are lumpy because sale patterns were upended). Besides inflation isn't the killer, it's stagflation. We're not close to that.

Trump didn't do shit. He watched news tv and managed that. He's a talker. He had no actual plans or substance. No healthcare reform, no infrastructure reform, he didn't end any twenty year wars, he didn't build any walls....he just spewed hot air up our asses.

His focus was pwning libs.

When hit with real crises, he showed the world who he really was....an absolutely clueless buffoon.

Historically crises are good for incumbents but Trump was so out of his league it confirmed that he was what he was....just a dumb celebrity.

Lol on why aren't more people vaccinated. Are you blaming me for having shit in my driveway after you shit in my driveway?

Currently I can walk into about any drug store and get the vaccine for free. That wasn't the case or close to the case seven months ago.

You've said it yourself a billion times on here....vaccinations should be a personal choice (part of your 'my body, my choice. You're body, my choice' belief).

Other than forced vaccinations all we can do is logistically make as easy as possible to get...which he did with flying colors.

The fact that an over whelming amount of Trumpsters are being hospitalized and dying off are from the loony news that you listen to and parrot (did you buy your multiple vitamin combinations that right wing media pushes on you, which is the basis for all of the clown Covid remedies that you keep coming up with vs simply getting vaccinated for free).

The only blight on Biden so far is the Afghanistan exit and even that can be spun as having to wipe Trump's ass again.

The markets are screaming right now.

Inflation is part year over year reporting and having the economy pivot so drastically last year (ie inventories are lumpy because sale patterns were upended). Besides inflation isn't the killer, it's stagflation. We're not close to that.

Trump didn't do shit. He watched news tv and managed that. He's a talker. He had no actual plans or substance. No healthcare reform, no infrastructure reform, he didn't end any twenty year wars, he didn't build any walls....he just spewed hot air up our asses.

His focus was pwning libs.

When hit with real crises, he showed the world who he really was....an absolutely clueless buffoon.

Historically crises are good for incumbents but Trump was so out of his league it confirmed that he was what he was....just a dumb celebrity.

Mic drop

Reactions: TommyCracker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT