ADVERTISEMENT

2024 thoughts

Duh, no! It's a football play call that has no Tight ends. Misogynistic paaalease.
Pipe down you . . . that ain't no football play. I used to be a QB . . . .

Stay out of this . . . attorneys are arguing . . . it might could get ugly and I don't want to see you get hurt . . . .

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I DESPISE the fact that currently our 3 most likely candidates are Biden, Harris, and Trump. Some further rambling thoughts and questions.

-I can’t envision Biden being capable of running again. Further, I can’t see him escaping this Afghanistan debacle politically. So odds are pretty good that Harris is gonna lead the ticket in my opinion. Heck, the DNC might have already made their decision. My guess is Harris stays very far away from this. She’ll probably be front and center with cleanup efforts in Louisiana these next few weeks. She’ll become more active it Covid stuff too.

-Speaking of Harris, despite being both a female, and a minority, she doesn’t seem to excite or energize the two HUGE driving forces in successful Democratic National election bids…women and minorities. I can envision one catalyst to light those groups on fire…Donald J Trump. I think any form of a controlled, heck even contrite Trump, could beat Harris. But in reality, he’d last…1 week maybe…into an election against her before saying something that shoves a lightning rod up those demographics asses. And in the end, while his base will turn out in huge numbers against someone so openly different from them, in Harris. I think the hed produce such an astonishingly huge number of voters on the other side, that he’d lose handily.

-If Trump doesn’t run though…what gives the RNC the best chance to win? Trump 2.0? Someone that will tap into the energy Trump creates with controversial words. Same risk as above by energizing the opponents base as much or more than your own. Or can they win with someone like Kasich? Voter turnouts are lower probably. Many will think it’s a “boring” race. Republicans seem bent on suppressing votes. Why not nominate a candidate that will do that? For what it’s worth, I think someone like Kasich would be MILES better than the 3 most likely candidates. Better as a President. But also just better for the soul of our country. I’m sure he’s done running at this point. Just using him as an example. Not sure who an applicable 24 candidate would be.

-is the Republican Party ready for someone like Tim Scott? Or even Candace Owens? How much base would that immediately hack off? Would it make their tent bigger?

Not to sound too dramatic. But I’m really worried about the trajectory of our country right now. Our last two presidents are quite possibly the worst in our country’s history. Or could be 3 years from now if this one doesn’t pick it up a bit. And man…a Harris presidency scares me. I don’t think she’d be a very good President first of all. And while I think a minority, woman, President would be a great step for our country…I think this particular one would deepen the already canyon like divide we’re seeing. And that isn’t good.

Why can’t a good moderate be nominated? And/or win? From either side. When it’s sooo obvious that’s what we need?
Define moderate.

I would argue that Trump is a "moderate Republican" (really he isn't a boilerplate Republican at all). People don't like his temperament but he is closer to the middle on many positions than most boilerplate GOP members would be.

Last edited:
really he isn't a boilerplate Republican at all)
This right here is were the real conversation is, but NOOOOO we get all tied into knots keeping this crap between the assigned white lines. And before you facks go there, those are not racist white lines.
He is in the middle because there are pieces of both ideoloigies that are required to make success. In any negotiation to be successful, everyone has to win something, or NO one wins at all.
The problem, other than Trump saying things that everyone one of us know but won't admit, is that the "republicans" are bought and paid for. They are NOT out for the best of the country or for YOU. The next best option is the Democrats. The problem is, is that the "Democrats" are bought and paid for and are not out for what is best for you or for the country. Some more than others, obviously . examples
One day AOC mixed a Nuclear Reactor, and the next she was a physicist. What is the dif you ask. One pours Vodka, the other doesn't.
One day Mitt Romney was a slimy pretender snake oil salesman, the next he was a slimy pretender snake oil politician.
Trump has us all finally admitting outloud that we are pawns to the crap the "parties" have prayed on for decades to be powerful. They don't serve, they rule for their best benefit.

Define moderate.

I would argue that Trump is a "moderate Republican" (really he isn't a boilerplate Republican at all). People don't like his temperament but he is closer to the middle on many positions than most boilerplate GOP members would be.
I would argue Trump has no political beliefs at all and is only going to do whatever works for him transactionally. He ran as a Republican because he couldn’t get Democrats to support him and he’d made hay birthering Obama. His position on Obama was extreme and wrong. He gave that movement oxygen and parlayed it into his next gig.

He’s a foul POS who had no business ever being allowed to denigrate the office. Republicans can sand those edges off all they want but he is what he’s always been, a huckster. A charlatan.

You’re smart enough not to carry even a drop of water for him. Every time you or another decent human being does so you allow him to continue on.

I would argue Trump has no political beliefs at all and is only going to do whatever works for him transactionally. He ran as a Republican because he couldn’t get Democrats to support him and he’d made hay birthering Obama. His position on Obama was extreme and wrong. He gave that movement oxygen and parlayed it into his next gig.

He’s a foul POS who had no business ever being allowed to denigrate the office. Republicans can sand those edges off all they want but he is what he’s always been, a huckster. A charlatan.

You’re smart enough not to carry even a drop of water for him. Every time you or another decent human being does so you allow him to continue on.
Not carrying water at all, I hope he stays out of 2024, but this idea that he is some far right lunatic is just false. He is a moderate old school democrat with an abrasive personality.

Not carrying water at all, I hope he stays out of 2024, but this idea that he is some far right lunatic is just false. He is a moderate old school democrat with an abrasive personality.
The problem with Trump, right or wrong, is that he is so politically toxic that Dems simply cannot be seen negotiating with him. That hurts Republicans as well when you think about it. To your’s and many others points, he needs to drop off the face of the earth and never be heard from again. I just don’t think that will happen.

Reactions: Bill4411
The problem with Trump, right or wrong, is that he is so politically toxic that Dems simply cannot be seen negotiating with him. That hurts Republicans as well when you think about it. To your’s and many others points, he needs to drop off the face of the earth and never be heard from again. I just don’t think that will happen.
Where are all the posters that were soooo convinced his indictment was imminent? Sounds to me like failing health is our best bet

Reactions: stollcpa
Where are all the posters that were soooo convinced his indictment was imminent? Sounds to me like failing health is our best bet
Was Trump ever given a fair shake from the start by Dems? Probably not. Did he deserve it? Probably not. From the birtherism shit to McConnell’s “we’ll make Obama a one term president” schtick I don’t know what anyone expected Dems to do but to fight him at every turn. For literally years the Dems had been getting gored by the ox that was Republican blood sport politics. They just brought out a bigger ox.

Now here we are. Nobody smart is going to run for President. Both political parties have zero room for compromise.

We need a leader. Trump was never going to be that person because he makes everything about himself. Biden is too old and has lost so many MPH on his fastball he’s rolling the damn ball to the plate at this point. Say what you will about Biden but at least he doesnt foster some cult of personality.

Was Trump ever given a fair shake from the start by Dems? Probably not. Did he deserve it? Probably not. From the birtherism shit to McConnell’s “we’ll make Obama a one term president” schtick I don’t know what anyone expected Dems to do but to fight him at every turn. For literally years the Dems had been getting gored by the ox that was Republican blood sport politics. They just brought out a bigger ox.

Now here we are. Nobody smart is going to run for President. Both political parties have zero room for compromise.

We need a leader. Trump was never going to be that person because he makes everything about himself. Biden is too old and has lost so many MPH on his fastball he’s rolling the damn ball to the plate at this point. Say what you will about Biden but at least he doesnt foster some cult of personality.
Gotcha politics. Gotcha media. And the margins have the loudest voice

The further he gets from office, the more I think he'll enjoy kind of being away from it. He can have his say but not have to deal with the other stuff. He is a really wealthy guy, he has the means to keep occupied with other stuff.

The further he gets from office, the more I think he'll enjoy kind of being away from it. He can have his say but not have to deal with the other stuff. He is a really wealthy guy, he has the means to keep occupied with other stuff.
One would think. Narcissists like the spotlight. He needs a new tv show or some other diversion.

He’s now an ex president. What other stuff is he going to do? Charity? Global AIDS prevention? Hahaha. Republicans are stuck with this self inflicted wound until they take their lumps and denounce him. They’d be smart to be figuring out a way to do that now and before 2024. Like someone said earlier this week, he’s a two time popoular vote loser. No reason that won’t happen a third time. At the rate Biden is going, an actual middle of the road Republican probably leads for 2024 right now.

But Trump is the most polarizing political figure since Lincoln in the south. That includes Nixon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT