ADVERTISEMENT

2021 IU recruiting thread

No. Gotta be Indiana. Those 2 programs combined can't light a candle to IU.

What’s you frame of reference?

This whole “IU blue blood” stuff is long gone. The superficial “we’re better than you because of what we accomplished 50 years ago” attitude by the Boomers is only hurting the program.

I’ve been a fan my entire life but can hardly remember the 2002 national title game. We need to support today’s program and today’s coach. You’re only fooling yourself to keep acting like like programs like Wisconsin or Virginia can’t hold a light to us... just because the jersey says “Indiana”. I’d take both their programs results over the last 10-15 years.

Archie has us on the right track and we will win a conference title in the next 2-3 years.

Time to get a 2021 IU recruiting thread going.......as of now, I am aware of 13 IU offers out for '21:

--Trey Kaufman...........6-7 200 lbs IN 61/87...IU lean??
--Khristian Lander........6-2 170 lbs IN 12/13....IU commit
--Terrence Clarke.........6-7 185 lbs NH 2/2.....IU not in final 6
--Caleb Faust...............6-8 205 lbs IN 29/32
--Max Christie...............6-6 170 lbs ILL 14/17....IU not in the picture
--Bryce Hopkins...........6-7 220 llbs ILL 71/64....verbal to UL
--Trey Patterson...........6-7 170 lbs NJ 34/26
--Aminu Mohammed....6-3 175 lbs MO 13/14
--Franck Kepnang.......6-10 225 lbs PA 19/24
--Blake Wesley............6-4 170 lbs IN 84/90
--Logan Duncomb.......6'9" 220 lbs IN 124/140.....IU lean?
--Javonte Brown-Ferguson 6'11" 220 lbs IN....U CONN commit for'20
--Carter Whitt.........6'3" 170 lbs....NC.....57/52 (May reclassify to '20)

The #s listed at the end are current 247 & Rivals rankings, respectively

The following have not been offered but have been discussed on here, and are listed as possible future IU offers:

--Luke Goode.............6-6 185 lbs IN 90/92
--Pierre Thomas.........6-5 170 lbs IN 98/NR
--Jalen Blackman.......6-1 155 lbs IN 106/NR

I'd like any comments, corrections et al, and will try to keep this updated.

Thanks to whoever for getting this thread back in play....

Take it for what it's worth (no PK)....another site says Kaufman will commit after the tourney and that Duncomb is close to committing. FYI, Kaughman & Duncomb will both play on Indiana Elite this summer.

Some posters are also saying they think Goode will be offered and will be part of the class. He's being listed now as 6'6" 185 lbs and looks it on his highlights.

Some posters are also saying they think Wesley will go to ND. He's going to some of their games and is friends with their '21 Indiana commit. My take is that the IU staff loves Wesley so this would be a loss if true, but may open a spot for Goode. Goode on tape looks to be very mush a spot up 3 pt shooter v. slasher/shooters Leal & Galloway.

Finally, MSU may lead for Furst. I do not see much talk of IU & Furst on that site.

Personal comment----I find it strange that Duncomb is the only true center IU is seriously recruiting for '21......remember we lost 6'10" Garcia.

Reactions: minneman
Thanks to whoever for getting this thread back in play....

Take it for what it's worth (no PK)....another site says Kaufman will commit after the tourney and that Duncomb is close to committing. FYI, Kaughman & Duncomb will both play on Indiana Elite this summer.

Some posters are also saying they think Goode will be offered and will be part of the class. He's being listed now as 6'6" 185 lbs and looks it on his highlights.

Some posters are also saying they think Wesley will go to ND. He's going to some of their games and is friends with their '21 Indiana commit. My take is that the IU staff loves Wesley so this would be a loss if true, but may open a spot for Goode. Goode on tape looks to be very mush a spot up 3 pt shooter v. slasher/shooters Leal & Galloway.

Finally, MSU may lead for Furst. I do not see much talk of IU & Furst on that site.

Personal comment----I find it strange that Duncomb is the only true center IU is seriously recruiting for '21......remember we lost 6'10" Garcia.
I saw the same posts. It would be a shame if the Wesley talk is true as he's one that I really would like to land. I knew it would be hard to land him since he's from South Bend. So the talk that he wants to stay home doesn't surprise me but it is disappointing if true.

But Goode might be a good replacement if it's true. They have different games at the same position but their composite rankings are basically the same. To me, Goode's offer list is also better. It would also be good to have a spot up shooter.

I saw the same posts. It would be a shame if the Wesley talk is true as he's one that I really would like to land. I knew it would be hard to land him since he's from South Bend. So the talk that he wants to stay home doesn't surprise me but it is disappointing if true.

But Goode might be a good replacement if it's true. They have different games at the same position but their composite rankings are basically the same. To me, Goode's offer list is also better. It would also be good to have a spot up shooter.

I had watched Goode's youtube videos some before and wasn't all that impressed.....then I saw a more recent one (NIKE, 8/19/19) and changed my mind.......I know if he's grown an inch or so but he just looks taller & thicker....basically it's him shooting a bunch of long 3s. He's able to shoot over people given his height. Every third or 4th shot, he'll shot fake and go for a mid-range shot or drive to the basket.

He is a pure shooter....there's not a whole lot else on the tape. He's only average athletically.

I had watched Goode's youtube videos some before and wasn't all that impressed.....then I saw a more recent one (NIKE, 8/19/19) and changed my mind.......I know if he's grown an inch or so but he just looks taller & thicker....basically it's him shooting a bunch of long 3s. He's able to shoot over people given his height. Every third or 4th shot, he'll shot fake and go for a mid-range shot or drive to the basket.

He is a pure shooter....there's not a whole lot else on the tape. He's only average athletically.

Luke Goode doesn't magically cure our shooting woes.

He's shooting something like 31% from 3 this year. That's it. Don't get caught up in YouTube videos.

Louis Lesmond has a better chance at a offer in my opinion. He's a better overall player from the reports I've read.

Goode would be a nice 4-5 year player that could come off the bench and stretch a defense. Reminds me a little of Pat Graham.

just reporting what was on the site. Also reports he has been to MSU games multiple times this year. Hope he stays home but haven't seen anything to indicate an interest on his part.
When TJD goes pro next year, Archie will have a good pitch for him.

I thought i had read where TJD already said he was coming back next year.

I believe csh is talking about TJD leaving after his soph year.

The thing about that is......he probably wouldn't want to play center. Right now Duncomb seems like the most likely center recruit for '21. But he probably wouldn't be up to starting as a freshman. Furst and Race would be the tallest starters if Furst came here (as far as recruiting looks right now).

I believe csh is talking about TJD leaving after his soph year.

The thing about that is......he probably wouldn't want to play center. Right now Duncomb seems like the most likely center recruit for '21. But he probably wouldn't be up to starting as a freshman. Furst and Race would be the tallest starters if Furst came here (as far as recruiting looks right now).
Looks like Furst commited to Purdue.

Bruiser Flint recently watched Brooks Barnhizer from Lafayette Jeff. 6'6" wing, shoots 57% from the field and 45% from 3, and is the coach's son. His other HS stats listed in the article are pretty impressive, as well. They've only lived in Lafayette for 2 years. He attended IU's camp over the summer.

247 has him at 148 nationally, but no composite ranking so many others likely have him as NR. I see Butler and Northwestern as his most notable offers to this point and Xavier has shown some interest but 247 doesn't show that they've offered.

He sounds intriguing from the article and his stats. Has anyone here seen him play?

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-...names-to-know-in-state-wing-brooks-barnhizer/

https://247sports.com/Player/Brooks-Barnhizer-46093854/

Bruiser Flint recently watched Brooks Barnhizer from Lafayette Jeff. 6'6" wing, shoots 57% from the field and 45% from 3, and is the coach's son. His other HS stats listed in the article are pretty impressive, as well. They've only lived in Lafayette for 2 years. He attended IU's camp over the summer.

247 has him at 148 nationally, but no composite ranking so many others likely have him as NR. I see Butler and Northwestern as his most notable offers to this point and Xavier has shown some interest but 247 doesn't show that they've offered.

He sounds intriguing from the article and his stats. Has anyone here seen him play?

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-...names-to-know-in-state-wing-brooks-barnhizer/

https://247sports.com/Player/Brooks-Barnhizer-46093854/

This kid is more likely to get a offer than Goode is i believe.

Reactions: minneman
This kid is more likely to get a offer than Goode is i believe.
Well, IU is actually recruiting him unlike Goode so I'd have to agree. In the article it says they're trying to get him to in for a visit.

Not only are his stats better, he also has 25 lb on Goode (by 247 numbers) while being only 1" taller. So he's probably stronger and his body might be more ready for college.

Well, IU is actually recruiting him unlike Goode so I'd have to agree. In the article it says they're trying to get him to in for a visit.

Not only are his stats better, he also has 25 lb on Goode (by 247 numbers) while being only 1" taller. So he's probably stronger and his body might be more ready for college.

Agreed.

If we're gonna bring in a high school "shooter", this may be the kid.

Time to get a 2021 IU recruiting thread going.......as of now, I am aware of 13 IU offers out for '21:

--Trey Kaufman...........6-7 200 lbs IN 61/87...IU lean??
--Khristian Lander........6-2 170 lbs IN 12/13....IU commit
--Terrence Clarke.........6-7 185 lbs NH 2/2.....IU not in final 6
--Caleb Faust...............6-8 205 lbs IN 29/32...Purdue commit
--Max Christie...............6-6 170 lbs ILL 14/17....IU not in the picture
--Bryce Hopkins...........6-7 220 llbs ILL 71/64....verbal to UL
--Trey Patterson...........6-7 170 lbs NJ 34/26
--Aminu Mohammed....6-3 175 lbs MO 13/14
--Franck Kepnang.......6-10 225 lbs PA 19/24
--Blake Wesley............6-4 170 lbs IN 84/90
--Logan Duncomb.......6'9" 220 lbs IN 124/140.....IU lean?
--Carter Whitt.........6'3" 170 lbs....NC.....57/52 (May reclassify to '20)

The #s listed at the end are current 247 & Rivals rankings, respectively

The following have not been offered but have been discussed on here, and are listed as possible future IU offers:

--Luke Goode.............6-6 185 lbs IN 90/92
--Pierre Thomas.........6-5 170 lbs IN 98/NR
--Jalen Blackman.......6-1 155 lbs IN 106/NR
--Mason Miller............6'9" 190 lbs TN #65 Rivals
--AJ Braun
--Brayden Sipple
--Payton Sparks

Bumped to add mention of Mason Miller and others on interested, not yet offered list

Last edited:
Duncan verbal.

2 spots left. Plenty of time.

Need another big guy.

--Trey Kaufman...........6-7 200 lbs IN 43/97...IU lean??
--Khristian Lander........6-2 170 lbs IN 9/17....IU commit
--Terrence Clarke.........6-7 185 lbs NH ?/?.....Reclassed to '20; IU not in final 6
--Caleb Faust...............6-8 205 lbs IN 37/32...Purdue commit
--Max Christie...............6-6 170 lbs ILL 13/16....IU not in the picture
--Bryce Hopkins...........6-7 220 llbs ILL 48/36....verbal to UL
--Trey Patterson...........6-7 170 lbs NJ 57/30
--Aminu Mohammed....6-3 175 lbs MO 21/12
--Franck Kepnang.......6-10 225 lbs PA 34/23
--Blake Wesley............6-4 170 lbs IN 94/89
--Logan Duncomb.......6'9" 220 lbs IN 80/143.....IU commit
--Carter Whitt.........6'3" 170 lbs....NC.....84/63 (May reclassify to '20)
--Jordan Longino.........6'3" 195 lbs....PA.....46/77

The #s listed at the end are current 247 & Rivals rankings, respectively. The 247 ratings are their ratings, not the 247 composite.

--Luke Goode.............6-6 185 lbs IN 101/98
--Mason Miller............6'9" 190 lbs TN 52/65
--Brooks Barhnizer.....6'5" 170 lbs IN 148/NR
--Gabe Wizinitzner.....6'11" 240 lbs VIR 141/145
--AJ Braun..................6'8" 215 lbs OH
--Brayden Sipple........6'4" 175 lbs OH
--Payton Sparks.........6'9" 240 lbs IN

Added Longino. Updated 247 & Rivals rankings. Updated H/W based on 247 site.

Last edited:

--Trey Kaufman...........6-7 200 lbs IN 43/97...IU lean??
--Khristian Lander........6-2 170 lbs IN 9/17....IU commit
--Terrence Clarke.........6-7 185 lbs NH ?/?.....Reclassed to '20; IU not in final 6
--Caleb Faust...............6-8 205 lbs IN 37/32...Purdue commit
--Max Christie...............6-6 170 lbs ILL 13/16....IU not in the picture
--Bryce Hopkins...........6-7 220 llbs ILL 48/36....verbal to UL
--Trey Patterson...........6-7 170 lbs NJ 57/30
--Aminu Mohammed....6-3 175 lbs MO 21/12
--Franck Kepnang.......6-10 225 lbs PA 34/23
--Blake Wesley............6-4 170 lbs IN 94/89
--Logan Duncomb.......6'9" 220 lbs IN 80/143.....IU commit
--Carter Whitt.........6'3" 170 lbs....NC.....84/63 (May reclassify to '20)
--Jordan Longino.........6'3" 195 lbs....PA.....46/77

The #s listed at the end are current 247 & Rivals rankings, respectively. The 247 ratings are their ratings, not the 247 composite.

--Luke Goode.............6-6 185 lbs IN 101/98
--Mason Miller............6'9" 190 lbs TN 52/65
--Brooks Barhnizer.....6'5" 170 lbs IN 148/NR
--Gabe Wizinitzner.....6'11" 240 lbs VIR 141/145
--AJ Braun..................6'8" 215 lbs OH
--Brayden Sipple........6'4" 175 lbs OH
--Payton Sparks.........6'9" 240 lbs IN

Some talk of Patterson on another site.....IU still after him hard. Rutgers and Villanova very involved.

Looking at his highlights....very similar to Jerome Hunter's HS highlights...

Seems Patterson may be a Villanova lean, but I have no idea. Just reading stuff.

Is Blake Wesley still in the running for IU? I think I read maybe he is likely ND bound?

Is Blake Wesley still in the running for IU? I think I read maybe he is likely ND bound?

We're definitely not in the lead pack and falling behind.

He's probably headed to either Notre Dame or Purdue.

Luke Goode (watched but not offered) is no longer an option. Committed to Illinois today.

Has IU connections through his family but never seemed to be strongly considered by the staff. Not too athletic and is supposed to be a shooter but his stats last drain weren't good in that department. Seen as the same position/play style as Leal and Galloway so probably would-be been redundant even if his stats were better. HS quarterback who's supposedly tough so he might develop into a good player for UI but almost surely won't have an immediate impact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT