ADVERTISEMENT

2021 IU recruiting thread

The 2021 class will only help IU be better the next couple of seasons. It is a really God in state class and Miller has been active with those targets.

Not with someone I don’t know on an internet message board.
I’m willing to bet a guy that makes up 99 percent of what he posts. The probability is very high that you would not pay after you lost the bet.

Also, after the last offer to bet you said you don’t bet. Another anti-IU troll said what you just said just about word for word. How many handles do you use here? Enough to have problems keeping your stories straight, apparently.

That’s just reality. There’s a very high probability of a new coach by then.

If Miller signs Garcia, he will be the coach 20-21, 21-22, and 22-23 unless the next 2 seasons are massive disappointments. IU will be better next year than this year with Garcia.

Reactions: birdforbogey
I’m willing to bet a guy that makes up 99 percent of what he posts. The probability is very high that you would not pay after you lost the bet.

Also, after the last offer to bet you said you don’t bet. Another anti-IU troll said what you just said just about word for word. How many handles do you use here? Enough to have problems keeping your stories straight, apparently.
Are you the one I have the Archie/Crean longevity bet with?
Beer inside Memorial Stadium?

If Miller signs Garcia, he will be the coach 20-21, 21-22, and 22-23 unless the next 2 seasons are massive disappointments. IU will be better next year than this year with Garcia.
Remember Romeo? We couldn’t even make the tourney with top 5 Romeo and All Conference Morgan but 4 star 35th ranked Garcia would solve everything? You believe that?

Remember Romeo? We couldn’t even make the tourney with top 5 Romeo and All Conference Morgan but 4 star 35th ranked Garcia would solve everything? You believe that?

You believe that all good coaches make the tourney all the time? Especially their first few years? You believe that? What sport have you been watching? Or are you just being an asshole? Again?

So many questions...

You believe that all good coaches make the tourney all the time? Especially their first few years? You believe that? What sport have you been watching? Or are you just being an asshole? Again?

So many questions...
Any good coach would’ve made the tournament with the team we had last year. And a really good coach would’ve made it two years ago. Only a clown would’ve missed both.

Are you the one I have the Archie/Crean longevity bet with?
Beer inside Memorial Stadium?
It was a bet of a beer that Archie lasts longer than Crean, but Memorial stadium wasn't mentioned. If you're buying the ticket if you lose too, then I'll add that.

Reactions: cryano
Any good coach would’ve made the tournament with the team we had last year. And a really good coach would’ve made it two years ago. Only a clown would’ve missed both.
You do know about being a clown.

Well, actual verifiable history says you’re wrong and/ or dumb. My two cents is you’re just a lonely douche bag.

On a side note, you worried about the football game tomorrow?

That’s just reality. There’s a very high probability of a new coach by then.
You know that prediction thing of yours hasn’t worked well in the past.

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

Anyone want to start a thread for these 4-5 guys so they have one spot to infinitely continue this same back and forth instead of ruining good threads?

This had been a pretty informative one.

Proposed working title - Negative Nancy’s vs. Crimson Blinders?

Anyone want to start a thread for these 4-5 guys so they have one spot to infinitely continue this same back and forth instead of ruining good threads?

This had been a pretty informative one.

Proposed working title - Negative Nancy’s vs. Crimson Blinders?
Someone tried that, it didn't work.

Remember when you guaranteed Calipari would never win a title at UK? Ouch
Really?

I’m sure you’re gonna post where I said that, right?

EDIT - c’mon feepaw.

post where I said it - here’s an example of quoting someone:
I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

Last edited:
I bet Miller has at least 3 more years. Won’t matter by then. He will have some of the most balanced classes we have seen in 10 years or more. He’s building a sustainable roster much like other system coaches do. This will be important in the coming years as the landscape of college athletics change. IU is trying to build something much like Wisconsin and Virginia. We are no Kentucky or Duke.

I bet Miller has at least 3 more years. Won’t matter by then. He will have some of the most balanced classes we have seen in 10 years or more. He’s building a sustainable roster much like other system coaches do. This will be important in the coming years as the landscape of college athletics change. IU is trying to build something much like Wisconsin and Virginia. We are no Kentucky or Duke.
He’s building something closer to Penn St or Vanderbilt than he is Wisconsin or Virginia.

Reactions: beenther1s

IU’s aspirational peers are Kentucky, UNC, and Duke. Wisconsin blows a#%.

Lol. I agree with Wisconsin blows. This just shows how delusional our fans have become. We are not and will never be Duke, UK etc...

We were better than both those programs prior to the past 25 years. If Archie is worth a sh#% we will be just as good as UK and Duke. We have more built in advantages. Also, Wisconsin still blows a#%.

Last edited:
You know that prediction thing of yours hasn’t worked well in the past.

The thing is, that wasn't a prediction. It was stated as a fact. There was no element of possible alternatives. It was signed, sealed, and delivered, according to feepaw.

That's
what makes it so funny, and is all the evidence anyone needs to consider him 99% full of shit.

We were better than both those programs prior to the past 25 years. If Archie is worth a sh#% we will be just as good as UK and Duke. We have more built in advantages. Also, Wisconsin still blows a#%.
We aren’t talking prior to the last 25 years. Virginia and Wisconsin “system” is the goal. We get there and we might get to Uk/Duke status. Just reality.

We aren’t talking prior to the last 25 years. Virginia and Wisconsin “system” is the goal. We get there and we might get to Uk/Duke status. Just reality.

Virginia is on par with UK and Duke. Wisconsin isn’t close. Why wouldn't you just want IU to mirror Virginia?

Virginia is on par with UK and Duke. Wisconsin isn’t close. Why wouldn't you just want IU to mirror Virginia?
This is simple comprehension. The word is “system”. Both schools run the system we run. Wisconsin went to the final game and Virginia won it all with a similar system we now run. That’s what I’m getting at. It’s that simple. I’m not going to argue who is trash and who is better.

I can certainly agree with this. I think we will be a bit better this year than last year, as long as we remain healthy. And I think next year, will also be a step forward. But time will tell.

This is simple comprehension. The word is “system”. Both schools run the system we run. Wisconsin went to the final game and Virginia won it all with a similar system we now run. That’s what I’m getting at. It’s that simple. I’m not going to argue who is trash and who is better.

I’ll help you out with comprehension. I don’t give a s#it about “system”. I care about winning and results. All coaches have “systems”.

Reactions: cryano
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT