ADVERTISEMENT

2021 IU recruiting thread

We are no Kentucky or Duke.

The reason coach K does what he has the past 7 or so years is so recruits don't fear his retirement. Mike is always worried about perception. He has sold out to the Squid mode one and done philosophy and he is all done winning titles.

I’m not going to search through years worth of posts. We both know what you said dozens of times. You just keep being wrong.
You mean you’ll continue to make claims you won’t back up. Got it.

Billy Donovan still coming to IU? Are you still 100% sure?

YDS

Reactions: MrBing
You mean you’ll continue to make claims you won’t back up. Got it.

Billy Donovan still coming to IU? Are you still 100% sure?

YDS

"It's happening!!!" feepaw

source.gif

I’m not going to search through years worth of posts. We both know what you said dozens of times. You just keep being wrong.

Not smart enough to use the search function?

Or is it because you know that you are talking out of your arse?

Reactions: MrBing
I mentioned in an earlier post that my son was going to ref a game Lander was expected to play in Kendrick's Pocket City league.

The quick report I received was he had 6 dunks and on the assist side of a few alley oops. He said it was an impressive exhibition, but there was little defensive pressure. Dunking seems pretty easy for him and he likes to do it. There shouldn't be any worries about stated heights or ability at the rim.

I didn't realize my son has been reffing Lander's games since middle school. He said he was used to seeing him dominate and Sunday was no different.

Lander missed the early game Sunday because he was returning from his UM visit.

We need Lander even if we have other PG options we can use. You don't let a player like this in your backyard get away.

Last edited:
Need a point guard, a multifunctional player, and 2 forwards, or, if IU lands a 2020 big guy, then they need at least 1 forward.

At PG, they need someone who will be expected to contribute big as a sophomore, not necessarily as a freshman.

We need Lander even if we have other PG options we can use. You don't let a player like this in your backyard get away.

I would take Lander as a 2nd option, after landing a 4star, multi-year PG.

Go for a 4star kid as top priority and try to get an early signing. Also, try to get Furst as a top priority.

The reason coach K does what he has the past 7 or so years is so recruits don't fear his retirement. Mike is always worried about perception. He has sold out to the Squid mode one and done philosophy and he is all done winning titles.
That “perception” you are talking about has led to FIVE NCAA titles. Yea let’s not be Duke, let’s recruit 4 year players like Devonte Green... you people are crazy

That “perception” you are talking about has led to FIVE NCAA titles. Yea let’s not be Duke, let’s recruit 4 year players like Devonte Green... you people are crazy
So you are saying Laettner and Hurley were one and dones.

Reactions: IULouie
So you are saying Laettner and Hurley were one and dones.
Uh no that was long ago. Are u saying you’d rather have a 4 year starter over Zion Williamson? Go ahead and say “you don’t want a program like that” blah blah blah

No. Gotta be Indiana. Those 2 programs combined can't light a candle to IU.

in your own mind. If you're talking current day prospects, you're looney. You think the defending NC doesn't hold a candle to IU? Laughable.

in your own mind. If you're talking current day prospects, you're looney. You think the defending NC doesn't hold a candle to IU? Laughable.
He basically said sign a 4 star recruit and don’t worry about Lander, that’s what many on this board think, coaching CANT make up for average recruiting, it can’t. Look at College Football playoff those teams along with Alabama sign the most 5 star players. They’ll have some excuse for that though.

He basically said sign a 4 star recruit and don’t worry about Lander, that’s what many on this board think, coaching CANT make up for average recruiting, it can’t. Look at College Football playoff those teams along with Alabama sign the most 5 star players. They’ll have some excuse for that though.

Lander isn't a one and done

Seriously if 4 years in at IU and you can’t lock down Lander, Furst and or Kaufman what is the point. What are u selling as a coach, “oh come to IU we might sneak into the tourney this year.”

Uh no that was long ago. Are u saying you’d rather have a 4 year starter over Zion Williamson? Go ahead and say “you don’t want a program like that” blah blah blah

OK. Give me a program like Nova or Virginia. Look at Butler and Baylor.

Zion didn't even sniff the Final 4 and is gone. How about that Bagley team. Actually the K team that won with predominantly Frosh was 2015 team. All others were balanced rosters. I'll always take a one and done but prefer to build a program and supplement the program. UK and duke are just teams now. No longer programs.

Seriously if 4 years in at IU and you can’t lock down Lander, Furst and or Kaufman what is the point. What are u selling as a coach, “oh come to IU we might sneak into the tourney this year.”

A: Furst and Kaufman aren't going to the same school. That's been stayed time and time again. If we get one, we aren't getting the other.

B: Lander has some pretty good options. Loisville is a good program. Michigan is a good program. Just because we're his home school, he's automatically suppose to come here? Do we have things that are pulling him here, yes. He'd have the ball in his hands. He'd be playing with his friends Galloway and Leal.

C: Blake Wesley is a possibility. Many are calling him the second best prospect in the state in that class.

D: We're in on prospect outside of the state as well, which is fine. I don't understand why we only focus on Indiana kids. Trey Patterson is a difference maker and really likes us, he took a official visit to us and Archie has been out to Jersey to see him.

Not sure CAM has great instincts in evaluating great shooting guards. He seems to like tough,hard nosed guards that seem to lack high percentage shooting stats. That and a big down low is what IU lacks the most.

Michigan just picked up another 2020 3 star recruit from Hollywood Florida!

Miller just went to watch Logan Duncomb. Apparently Duncomb is planning an official visit to IU soon.

His dad went to Iowa and he grew up an Iowa fan. Wisconsin really wants him. OSU has offered, but I don't know how hard they are pursuing him.

His dad went to Iowa and he grew up an Iowa fan. Wisconsin really wants him. OSU has offered, but I don't know how hard they are pursuing him.

Iowa isn't recruiting him hard at all.

Xavier, Wisconsin, Ohio State and IU are his top with X probably leading right now.

Miller just went to watch Logan Duncomb. Apparently Duncomb is planning an official visit to IU soon.

Watched you tube on him.

Has decent footwork in the lane, can handle the ball some, looks like he can shoot the 12' jumper.

Not very athletic.

Has the look of a Wisconsin big, although there's no indication he has range to the 3 pt line. I'm sure he would be a good player in their system after a couple of years.

If we're going after him hard, it's probably because of a lack of better big prospects.

Furst had a triple double this week. 16 points, 15 rebounds, and 11 assists against Chicago Westinghouse.

I hope we can land this guy but I'd honestly be surprised if we do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT