ADVERTISEMENT

‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill - Florida

I think the Lia Thomas story is an interesting case study with political messaging because, it seems like everyone is actually in concensus with her example.

The difference is the messaging. One is using it to whip the base uo, scaring the hell out of them by pushing that's its common place and not an extreme exception. The trannies are coming for all women's sports! This is more woke agenda nonsense!!

The left seems to be saying no, this isn't right and we need a rational solution that doesn't end up stripping most trans rights in the process as we're dealing with a group that already has an extremely high suicide rate and bullying rate (again from my POV).

As I said I fear the Lia Thomas story will end up setting social trans acceptance back decades. People will be murdered because of it.

Ultimately I don't believe the trans community, in general, gives a rats ass in sports whereas sports brings out our inner asshole irrational emotions (seriously, I've been in just a handful of brawls and most of them were sports related. One kid pushed me into a garage window after I was airborne as I dribbled past him and was heading for an open layup. Lol).

It's just a horrible combination, but a beautiful, almost perfect set up to be manipulated.
What is usually the cause of suicide?

I think the Lia Thomas story is an interesting case study with political messaging because, it seems like everyone is actually in concensus with her example.

The difference is the messaging. One is using it to whip the base uo, scaring the hell out of them by pushing that's its common place and not an extreme exception. The trannies are coming for all women's sports! This is more woke agenda nonsense!!

The left seems to be saying no, this isn't right and we need a rational solution that doesn't end up stripping most trans rights in the process as we're dealing with a group that already has an extremely high suicide rate and bullying rate (again from my POV).

As I said I fear the Lia Thomas story will end up setting social trans acceptance back decades. People will be murdered because of it.

Ultimately I don't believe the trans community, in general, gives a rats ass in sports whereas sports brings out our inner asshole irrational emotions (seriously, I've been in just a handful of brawls and most of them were sports related. One kid pushed me into a garage window after I was airborne as I dribbled past him and was heading for an open layup. Lol).

It's just a horrible combination, but a beautiful, almost perfect set up to be manipulated.
LMAO re our inner asshole. For sure. I will say that you give the left too much credit. It appears NBC doctored photos of her to make her look more feminine. There's an agenda on the left that the right is adding steroids to and running with

Reactions: DANC
Which is nuts (you know, if true) b/c they're applying traditional, unrealistic (in some cases) female beauty standards to a transgender woman.

Untie that knot for me.
And didn't Adidas have a commercial about Trans athletes winning. I know people were pissed. Not sure what it was.

Which is nuts (you know, if true) b/c they're applying traditional, unrealistic (in some cases) female beauty standards to a transgender woman.

Untie that knot for me.

iwd2_0107d04.jpg

Mental illness
I think mental health is a better answer (as mental illness seems to imply it's 100% internal. The 'you're crazy and we need to take things away from you as punishment because you're sick and how you naturally feel can be controlled and needs to be changed').

Mental health includes outside forces, like social unacceptance which leads to being shunned, bullied, outcasted and sometimes coerced.

Ya know, the things this bill seems to be giving favor to.

I think mental health is a better answer (as mental illness seems to imply it's 100% internal. The 'you're crazy and we need to take things away from you as punishment because you're sick and how you naturally feel can be controlled and needs to be changed').

Mental health includes outside forces, like social unacceptance which leads to being shunned, bullied, outcasted and sometimes coerced.

Mental Health Disorder works for me.
Included in that classification is Gender Identity Didorder.
Someone wants to be something they are not….Mental Health diagnosis.
Someone thinks they are something they are not….Mental Health diagnosis.
Mental Health diagnosis…not a different class of people

The lion's share of the bill makes it incumbent upon the school to keep parents informed. There's never anything wrong with that.

This is what people find offensive, to the extent they've bothered to read it: "prohibits classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in certain grade levels." 1) in certain grade levels why would those topics be appropriate to discuss, and 2) how would they be relevant to the subjects being taught at that grade level?

I'm all for acceptance and making everyone comfortable. I don't understand why this bill is so triggering when it's restricted to certain grade levels

Are K-3 kids actually being "indoctrinated" about LGBT stuff? I'd be surprised if that's actually the case. And I get that if they were it probably is out of place. So it's a nothingburger for me. But it's also a slippery slope... if this kind of nonsense can be implemented at this level, where does it stop. And nonsense it is. This is really about stoking the Pub base.

i think it could be a lure for Dems to go after it just to be contrarian, and politically step on their own dicks or vjs or whatever, in doing so.

Dems should just stay away, and let it be the "nothingburger" you identify it as.

The lion's share of the bill makes it incumbent upon the school to keep parents informed. There's never anything wrong with that.

This is what people find offensive, to the extent they've bothered to read it: "prohibits classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in certain grade levels." 1) in certain grade levels why would those topics be appropriate to discuss, and 2) how would they be relevant to the subjects being taught at that grade level?

I'm all for acceptance and making everyone comfortable. I don't understand why this bill is so triggering when it's restricted to certain grade levels
Because it's about intent and trend.

Of course parents need to be informed. Is there an epidemic of teachers not informing parents all of a sudden to the point that it has to go above the standard teacher parent contract and go into written law? That seemed to be a given and is already institutionally ingrained.

So then it's political theater.

Secondly and more damning is do we need to censure and restrict the ability of a teacher to teach a kid, which involves trust building and massive interpersonal relationship building and a very high level of emotional intelligence.

Really??

Has this been a problem or is it one that has been created for just political theater? I believe the latter

Lastly there seems to be a trend of liberty restrictions, particularly in the teaching profession because again, that's the easiest arena to wage a political culture war (again, the children!!! Not mocking it, just stating that it's human nature to lose your mind over children so it's pure catnip for politicians to try to manipulate).

Ultimately, the term 'culture war' simply means trying to legislate/politicize culture which is the absolute opposite of what our country's founding was trying to set up. They knew (Jefferson even said) that culture, beliefs and social morals are constantly evolving so get it the f out of politics.

Speaking of right wing culture wars, MTG had a pretty good one at a recent rally.

She literally combined two phobias into one (homophobia and transphobia). She can't keep all of her culture fears straight anymore.

This is the kindof mindset that's pushing these laws.

As I said before on the political stump, whatever, but now it's getting indoctrinated.

Not cool.

Of course parents need to be informed. Is there an epidemic of teachers not informing parents all of a sudden to the point that it has to go above the standard teacher parent contract and go into written law? That seemed to be a given and is already institutionally ingrained.

Secondly and more damning is do we need to censure and restrict the ability of a teacher to teach a kid, which involves trust building and massive interpersonal relationship building and a very high level of emotional intelligence.

Really??

Has this been a problem or is it one that has been created for just political theater? I believe the latter

Lastly there seems to be a trend of liberty restrictions, particularly in the teaching profession because again, that's the easiest arena to wage a political culture war (again, the children!!! Not mocking it, just stating that it's human nature to lose your mind over children so it's pure catnip for politicians to try to manipulate).

Ultimately, the term 'culture war' simply means trying to legislate/politicize culture which is the absolute opposite of what our country's founding was trying to set up. They knew (Jefferson even said) that culture, beliefs and social morals are constantly evolving so get it the f out of politics.

Speaking of right wing culture wars, MTG had a pretty good one at a recent rally.

She literally combined two phobias into one (homophobia and transphobia). She can't keep all of her culture fears straight anymore.

As I said before on the political stump, whatever, but now it's getting indoctrinated.

Not cool.
Political theatre is on both sides. Masks are political theatre. Biden just signed an anti lynching bill. Is that really a problem we're facing today. No. It's just theatre. MTG is just a nut. Like the Squad and the rest. We are going to have to disagree here on the bill at issue. Tommy I will say that you do think about things and aren't just a partisan parrot. I enjoy reading your posts, and often learn from them - even tho I often disagree with you. We just don't all think alike, but trying to see other's point of view is important and I think you do that. Kudos

Really??

Not cool.
Ever heard of the baker act?

the bill's intent was a "trigger" trap from day one, and the idiot faction of the Dem party couldn't swallow the bait fast enough.

school systems shouldn't encourage teaching 1st through 3rd graders that overthrowing elections that don't go your way is ok either, but i haven't seen that bill come out of Fla or any other state yet.

Reactions: mrhighlife
Political theatre is on both sides. Masks are political theatre. Biden just signed an anti lynching bill. Is that really a problem we're facing today. No. It's just theatre. MTG is just a nut. Like the Squad and the rest. We are going to have to disagree here on the bill at issue. Tommy I will say that you do think about things and aren't just a partisan parrot. I enjoy reading your posts, and often learn from them - even tho I often disagree with you. We just don't all think alike, but trying to see other's point of view is important and I think you do that. Kudos
Likewise my brother.

Appreciate you and this post.

Really??

Not cool.
She is awful ..and an idiot.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Ever heard of the baker act?
Not too familiar.

Seems to be a crazy person law at first glance where you can be forced institutionalized on an allegation?

Why do you ask (is it the definition of mental health conversation or pointing out that there have been reactive and damaging laws based on fear since the beginning of time. I agree on both btw).

She is awful ..and an idiot.
She along with Boebert, Cawthorn, Jordan, Gohmert, etc are symptoms.
Think about the collection of rocket scientists that looked at the field of contenders and said "Yeah xxx represents me and my concerns!"
Apparently large swaths of the country is mean, stupid,...

Not too familiar.

Seems to be a crazy person law at first glance where you can be forced institutionalized on an allegation?

Why do you ask (is it the definition of mental health conversation or pointing out that there have been reactive and damaging laws based on fear since the beginning of time. I agree on both btw).
I asked you in the context of informing parents about their children in schools. In Florida the Baker Act has been abused to institutionalize problematic school kids for 72 hours without parental consent. It’s big business for the institutions who get paid for those three days.

Check out the video in this link.

What do you mean by the bolded?
Well, if a student has a problem that they don't feel they can go to their parents for, the school is the obvious alternative. Say, a kid suffering low self-esteem that is compounded by abusive parenting. School administrators and guidance counselors are there for many reasons, but surely one of them is when the parents are the potential adversaries, right?

One of my concerns with this bill is the possibility that school officials won't be able to fill this role when the problem the student is experiencing somehow encompasses sexuality or other health and identity issues. For example, let's say a kid feels like he might be gay. His father has made it clear in old-fashioned ways that no nancy boys are accepted in their house. Such a kid might want to go to the adults at school for advice/guidance. This law might make those adults feel the need to restrict their guidance.

Well, if a student has a problem that they don't feel they can go to their parents for, the school is the obvious alternative. Say, a kid suffering low self-esteem that is compounded by abusive parenting. School administrators and guidance counselors are there for many reasons, but surely one of them is when the parents are the potential adversaries, right?

One of my concerns with this bill is the possibility that school officials won't be able to fill this role when the problem the student is experiencing somehow encompasses sexuality or other health and identity issues. For example, let's say a kid feels like he might be gay. His father has made it clear in old-fashioned ways that no nancy boys are accepted in their house. Such a kid might want to go to the adults at school for advice/guidance. This law might make those adults feel the need to restrict their guidance.
The bill only applies to second grade and under. The school system has no business trying to be, as you say, an alternative parent at that age. There are sound reasons why Florida has different rules for 3rd grade and up. If it were up to me, and make the cut-off at a higher age. One fourth grade teacher reported that over 50% of her class claimed sex identity issues. No way to verify since she tweeted it. But if true, that shows a big problem for young kids. A problem that can only be created by adults. The power of suggestion has a lot of power at that age. The birds and the bees talk comes at a higher age. So should all the sexual identity talk which I believe has become a fashion statement and well beyond a legitimate sex confusion situation. The sad part is that legislation is necessary to deal with this. The sadder part is the political bullshit the Democrats, media, Mickey Mouse, and celebrities have created about it.

Abuse is a different matter. All states have mandatory reporting laws

LMAO re our inner asshole. For sure. I will say that you give the left too much credit. It appears NBC doctored photos of her to make her look more feminine. There's an agenda on the left that the right is adding steroids to and running with
I feel sorry for people like Lia Thomas and Caitlin Jenner. I believe the probabilities are when they reach my age and look at their likely empty and unsatisfying life, they will wonder WTF? At least Jenner took that step at an older adult. Thomas is much younger. Adolescents are the ones most at risk from the pressure of transsexual evangelicals. Too many are coming to see different emotional problems as rooted in being in the wrong body and adolescents have problems anyway. Enough young lawyers came through my firm who were dissatisfied with being a lawyer and other problems to show me that people in their twenties have issues about who they are too. If they see changing sex identity as a solution instead of other changes because of increasing social acceptance, I don’t think society is doing them a favor.

NBC, Disney, Democrats and all those who celebrate transsexuals are doing enormous harm to some troubled youth and some adults.

I feel sorry for people like Lia Thomas and Caitlin Jenner. I believe the probabilities are when they reach my age and look at their likely empty and unsatisfying life, they will wonder WTF? At least Jenner took that step at an older adult. Thomas is much younger. Adolescents are the ones most at risk from the pressure of transsexual evangelicals. Too many are coming to see different emotional problems as rooted in being in the wrong body and adolescents have problems anyway. Enough young lawyers came through my firm who were dissatisfied with being a lawyer and other problems to show me that people in their twenties have issues about who they are too. If they see changing sex identity as a solution instead of other changes because of increasing social acceptance, I don’t think society is doing them a favor.

NBC, Disney, Democrats and all those who celebrate transsexuals are doing enormous harm to some troubled youth and some adults.
I don't know anything about the psychology of all of that stuff Coh. I can only make it about 7-10 years and get bored and want to change everything up

Last edited:
I don't know anything about the psychology of all of that stuff Coh. I can only make it about 7-10 years and get bored and what to change everything up
Ha. I get that. That’s what I liked about law practice. It was always a different job with no real boss.

Everything I read about aging, makes the point of how important social contacts are and how damaging isolation is. Loneliness is becoming a real problem through society. . Thomas has set pool, team, conference and national records or won championships. Ordinarily, that is a time for camaraderie and celebration, but not for her. Sad.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Ha. I get that. That’s what I liked about law practice. It was always a different job with no real boss.

Everything I read about aging, makes the point of how important social contacts are and how damaging isolation is. Loneliness is becoming a real problem through society. . Thomas has set pool, team, conference and national records or won championships. Ordinarily, that is a time for camaraderie and celebration, but not for her. Sad.
I thought that very thing looking at those pics. I wondered if they were out of context and whether her teammates were waiting to celebrate with her or not

The bill only applies to second grade and under. The school system has no business trying to be, as you say, an alternative parent at that age. There are sound reasons why Florida has different rules for 3rd grade and up. If it were up to me, and make the cut-off at a higher age. One fourth grade teacher reported that over 50% of her class claimed sex identity issues. No way to verify since she tweeted it. But if true, that shows a big problem for young kids. A problem that can only be created by adults. The power of suggestion has a lot of power at that age. The birds and the bees talk comes at a higher age. So should all the sexual identity talk which I believe has become a fashion statement and well beyond a legitimate sex confusion situation. The sad part is that legislation is necessary to deal with this. The sadder part is the political bullshit the Democrats, media, Mickey Mouse, and celebrities have created about it.

Abuse is a different matter. All states have mandatory reporting laws
Your first sentence is incorrect. Read better.

I thought that very thing looking at those pics. I wondered if they were out of context and whether her teammates were waiting to celebrate with her or not
She still has male junk and is around the locker room and showers in full view. Teammates have said in confidence that she is isolated. No word about whether Thomas is attracted to females or whether she becomes aroused in a male way.

She still has male junk and is around the locker room and showers in full view. Teammates have said in confidence that she is isolated. No word about whether Thomas is attracted to females or whether she becomes aroused in a male way.

He still has male parts. He is apparently isolated. He is attracted to females. And all of this is because he is a he, not a she.

Okay. Through third grade. Do you have a point to make or do you think you now get an “A” for the class.
Yes, you state your misunderstandings as facts. That affects your credibility negatively. Your defensive response to goat doesn’t help, which leads any honest reader of your posts to wonder about any facts you assert.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT