ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Kittley....

96gradGUS

Recruit
Dec 11, 2018
I loved watching Western Kentucky's offense. Would love that style of play at IU. Any thoughts?

Andrew Sowder at Kent St. Is a name we should look at. Coordinates one of the top offenses in the country.

Reactions: td75
Jesus.

People complain that we don't hire proven coaches and then we come up with this.

Let's just pick a name out of a hat next.

Reactions: hoosierfan13
Was Deboer a proven coach when IU hired him. You're not getting an SEC offensive coordinator. You get the best from the smaller programs.
DeBoer was very much a proven coach (at both the Head Coach and Coordinator levels) when Allen hired him--he won 3 NAIA natl champs and finished 2nd another time, and he had also coached extensively in the Midwest as well at So Illinois and Eastern Michigan

IMO DeBoer is probably the best football coach, regardless of position/title, that IU has had since Bill Mallory.

Reactions: IUgradman
I loved watching Western Kentucky's offense. Would love that style of play at IU. Any thoughts?
IU doesn't IMO have the personnel to run Air Raid, even if it hired Mike Leach tomorrow--it would take at least 1-2 recruiting classes to adapt to that offense

if anything (assuming McCulley is the QB of the future) I think Allen may need to look more in the direction of an RPO/speed option offense like what Coastal Carolina is running

Reactions: 76-1
Sure, if you want to destroy our defense by having them on the field for like 40 minutes a game.
Tom Allen would never allow a full hurry-up offense to be run here as a defensive coach, nor should he.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT