ADVERTISEMENT

According to a well connected fan on another site…

Jan 4, 2020
Appears Woodson is going to get next season, barring an absolute collapse down the stretch. Same person said he thinks Sisley ends up at Purdue, Mullins to ND and Haralson to Duke. He said the families of these kids like IU, but just not a fan of the style of play.

Man, if you can’t recruit your own state…..

Appears Woodson is going to get next season, barring an absolute collapse down the stretch. Same person said he thinks Sisley ends up at Purdue, Mullins to ND and Haralson to Duke. He said the families of these kids like IU, but just not a fan of the style of play.

Man, if you can’t recruit your own state….
That alone is the final nail.

Nice to have buddies like quinn

What’s an absolute collapse? He is well on his way by my definition!

wouldn't take anyone with any connections to tell you that. not sure a collapse down the stretch would even matter. Sisley is not a loss he's probably better off at Purdue. Harrelson could be a game changer but might just pro-long the pain. next year will be horrible.

Yes, we are not getting any of those guys. Purdue has been the school for Indiana kids
Indiana simply cannot get out of its own way with these hires. Purdue will get most of these guys and we will get portal on year players asw we try to " get over the hump". Mind blowing. But like I said it pays to have friends in high places.

We are now a program who builds from the portal period. There is no long term recruiting of hs players.

if true, then next yr is portal gold...or disaster. Assuming we aren't getting Queen and D Davis.

Reactions: bsmitty08
Indiana simply cannot get out of its own way with these hires. Purdue will get most of these guys and we will get portal on year players asw we try to " get over the hump". Mind blowing. But like I said it pays to have friends in high places.

We are now a program who builds from the portal period. There is no long term recruiting of hs players.
Exactly…we also have IU fans with head in the sand and can’t see that PU is winning because they have become IU as far as culture and recruiting

Exactly…we also have IU fans with head in the sand and can’t see that PU is winning because they have become IU as far as culture and recruiting
The funny thing was the we need to hire an IU guy to get us back to our culture crowd and yet he is the furthest thing from it. Nothing about woodson is like IU was ever in regards to players, culture, etc. In fact has he ever signed one indiana player in three years yet? I do not think he has. Gunn does not count imo he was an archie recruit.

The funny thing was the we need to hire an IU guy to get us back to our culture crowd and yet he is the furthest thing from it. Nothing about woodson is like IU was ever in regards to players, culture, etc. In fact has he ever signed one indiana player in three years yet? I do not think he has. Gunn does not count imo he was an archie recruit.
The needing an IU guy as a coach is quite simply the dumbest requirement ever for considering your new coach. Our unhappiness with Davis, Sampson, Crean and Miller had nothing to do when them not being IU guys. We're unhappy with our current IU guy for the exact same reasons we wanted them gone (Sampson obviously left for other reasons). They all lose too many games! Lol.

Hire the best coach. It ain't rocket science.

The needing an IU guy as a coach is quite simply the dumbest requirement ever for considering your new coach. Our unhappiness with Davis, Sampson, Crean and Miller had nothing to do when them not being IU guys. We're unhappy with our current IU guy for the exact same reasons we wanted them gone (Sampson obviously left for other reasons). They all lose too many games! Lol.

^This. I could give two cents about it being an IU guy. We need the best coach available.

Reactions: indy1203 and jet812
Why the hell are people concerned with getting Indiana players. News flash, they normally suck!!!

We got lander and Romeo with Archie, worked out real well.

Just get good players, who cares where the hell they are from.

I forget if Furst and Trey Kaughman were from Indiana, they suck too!

Yep Joe Hillman who screamed and yelled about having to hire an IU is now upset. How ironic.

if true, then next yr is portal gold...or disaster. Assuming we aren't getting Queen and D Davis.
I would highly doubt queen come to iu.

I guess the only good news is the you gotta hire an IU crowd will finally shut up after this. They got their IU guy and when he is finally fired in a few years they need to just be quiet.

Reactions: IUSUMMERS
Why the hell are people concerned with getting Indiana players. News flash, they normally suck!!!

I dont really care where players come from but when you have good players in your own state who want to come to your school you should be able to at least get a few of them.

Those pushing for an IU guy all wanted Alford. He was the only one remotely qualified. They never thought in a million years we'd be dumb enough to hire Woody.
I agree I am pretty sure that is who hillman wanted but he did not realize quinn was making the decision and quinn hates alford. that is why it seems the guys who graduated after 1987 are not too pleased with where things are at.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
I dont really care where players come from but when you have good players in your own state who want to come to your school you should be able to at least get a few of them.
Need better talent evaluators. It seems all the good players ranked by Fatjohns and our staff are atrocious.

Who have been the good Indiana players last 5 years? Besides smith, has there been any good ones? I honestly don’t know.

• Wow
Reactions: BleedinGold
Need better talent evaluators. It seems all the good players ranked by Fatjohns and our staff are atrocious.

Who have been the good Indiana players last 5 years? Besides smith, has there been any good ones? I honestly don’t know.
None to my knowledge xavier johnson seems to mostly be a bust and he was rated a top 20 player.

Players look better when they're coached up. Furst and Kauffman have time left to prove their chops but Romeo wasn't bad. He was a lottery pick. Half the problem is we are just going for the most individual talent as opposed to a cohesive unit that plays like a team.

No idea regarding your buddy, but when I read Sisley's comments from the article about looking for a program that feels like family, it sounded to me like he was talking about Purdue. Sad but true!

Players look better when they're coached up. Furst and Kauffman have time left to prove their chops but Romeo wasn't bad. He was a lottery pick. Half the problem is we are just going for the most individual talent as opposed to a cohesive unit that plays like a team.
Romeo is out of the nba. Was shitty at shooting since the day he was born.

Romeo is out of the nba. Was shitty at shooting since the day he was born.
We all bought into the romeo hype because he was ranked like 3rd in the country. He was not a good shooter but wasnt the year we had like 6 guys hurt the whole season. Thompson was out for like three months after a concussion from what I remember it was like the walking dead team.

How is this not a collapse already? Zero chance at NCAA and likely 1st round NIT exit..with several 5 star recruits and one substantive incoming player. Woodson would be so better off saving his legacy as a player and walking now. Nothing but negative brand equity for him going another year.

We can’t collapse much further. We are ranked #100 and at best on the bubble for the NIT lmao. That is a collapse.

Reactions: GThomas
Our backcourt can't keep up. Not sure why everyone has to go straight to fire Woody because injuries have been a big factor. We are not good this year but changing coaches now feels a bit extreme. Same-same next year and I'll drive the dang buss. Too early to call for a change. Just one guy's opinion. Go Hoosiers!

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman and Thcgh

Style of play is losing. If we win they come to IU, but losing at IU really sucks for Indiana kids. Very hard on them.

How is this not a collapse already? Zero chance at NCAA and likely 1st round NIT exit..with several 5 star recruits and one substantive incoming player. Woodson would be so better off saving his legacy as a player and walking now. Nothing but negative brand equity for him going another year.
Would be but he will not his ego will keep him here no doubt. The only way he ever leaves is if they agree to pay him a ton of money to leave but they will never ever fire him.

Reactions: dbmhoosier

If Braden Smith is the barometer, then there have been plenty.

Soph JJ Starling at Syracuse is avg over 13 pts
Soph Jalen Washington at North Carolina is getting about 9 mins/game for a good UNC squad
Blake Wesley would be a junior and he is playing in the NBA for the Spurs.
Junior Brooks Barnhizer at NW is avg like 15 and 7
Connor Essegian of Wisconsin has had some moments
Jaden Ivey, Nijel Pack, was in the 2020 class, they were pretty good.

Those are just off the top of my head but the talent is there. Its coaching that's missing.

I think he's talking about his conference in high school. Baily has 1 thought, Quinn.
You are correct because without quinn woodson would not be the coach and quinn controls when or if he leaves. I cannot say for certian he forced the hire but if it had to be an IU guy alford was way more qualified as a college coach yet they choose quinns buddy. Seeem odd to me.

Last edited:
No idea regarding your buddy, but when I read Sisley's comments from the article about looking for a program that feels like family, it sounded to me like he was talking about Purdue. Sad but true!
I don't know about that, but what he also said was he wants to be somewhere that wins a lot, and that isn't IU lately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT