ADVERTISEMENT

Nic Toomer

IUBC

Redshirt
Sep 5, 2001
Looking at the roster right now, feels like there are more higher level options at CB than safety. Minor, Sharpe both started alot and then JoJo and Jamier Johnson.

Thoughts on moving Toomer to safety? He has the size, and played physical last year, good tackler. He would also give IU the flexibility of having a guy that can cover one on one at safety. Moving him probably gets our four best DBs on the field.

Looking at the roster right now, feels like there are more higher level options at CB than safety. Minor, Sharpe both started alot and then JoJo and Jamier Johnson.

Thoughts on moving Toomer to safety? He has the size, and played physical last year, good tackler. He would also give IU the flexibility of having a guy that can cover one on one at safety. Moving him probably gets our four best DBs on the field.
I read somewhere that toomer might be that hybrid back. Forget what ccc calls it

I was thinking that position was more a safety/LB combo, so was thinking Ferrell there. But if that position is a safety/CB combo, Toomer would seem to be a perfect fit.
Yea, safety/lb combo..

Ferrell would be a good fit if ready. They will have a few players at that spot

I am sure we will see some shifting around of players following Spring practice. Coaches will look at strengths and weaknesses to move players to positions of need.

Coaches often get locked into wanting more time and practices but if they have clear cut ideas of what needs to be done they make decisions on accomplishing goals not the number of practices.

I am sure we will see some shifting around of players following Spring practice. Coaches will look at strengths and weaknesses to move players to positions of need.

Coaches often get locked into wanting more time and practices but if they have clear cut ideas of what needs to be done they make decisions on accomplishing goals not the number of practices.
I wonder how many other coaches don't use all the allotted practices. Seems like a unique approach

I doubt many others do at the P5 level. I sat through a clinic talk by a NAIA coach from a Minnesota team, I believe, that didn't have contact practices but still won several national titles and over 80% of his games, unfortunately I don't remember the school or coach's name.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT