ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Edey

Yea, it was like 8/12 or 9/13 for those two in the hole Edey leaves when dropping, or under the basket. 10/14 in that area overall and when he contested the driver or was stuck in no man's land ..it ended with a lob and dunk .

Painter made a great move putting Edey on Race for awhile that slowed us down and took Edey away from the PnR. Woody made a brilliant counter bringing him back out by running PnR with Race... opening Fino up for more middies.

Basically, the gist of our offensive gameplan was exploiting Edey ..
Thats been the blueprint all year. Exploit edey by making contested 2's. Purdue didn't do a very good job fighting over screens in the first half based on some of the replay I saw, and then iu was hitting those jump shots.

Still don't understand fact v opinion

Nobody cares about what you think. IU won and played well - at least in the first half - they definitely had to have it because they aren’t winning at Mackey - in fact I predict it won’t be close.
The literal definition of an opinionated statement. The only factual piece (something corroborated with evidence or data) of this statement is "IU won and played well". End of discussion.
Edey is player of the year and to say otherwise is just honestly ridiculous
I conceded this yesterday although its not factual until he's actually declared POY. A freak injury tomorrow could change this narrative.
IU rushed the court which definitely shows which program is superior at the moment.
Again, an opinion. Who won the game Saturday?
Gillis made a play on the ball, and while I get what TJD was trying to do for his teammate, would have gotten pummeled by Gillis
Again an opinion.
TJD’s one move - the dunk - didn’t play well when he tried to dunk over Edey. That was hilarious and hasn’t been really discussed too much
The dunk attempt resulted in Edey being drawn away from the basket allowing an easy rebound and 2 foul shots for Race Thompson in a one point game with 2 minutes left. Proved costly for Purdue as Smith turned the ball over the next possession. Hilarious? I guess not everybody has a good sense of humor.
I’m not here rent free. I attended both schools and I love college hoops. These boards are supposed to be fun but a few on here have message board muscles and we all know what that really means
Your rent is due here soon (and yeah you are).

You guys are really a bunch of duds - no fun at all - so damn serious for a hoops message board. Lighten up

Ok try this - here are some facts for you:

Nobody cares about what you think. IU won and played well - at least in the first half - they definitely had to have it because they aren’t winning at Mackey - in fact I predict it won’t be close.

Fact

Edey is player of the year and to say otherwise is just honestly ridiculous.

Fact

IU. rushed the court which definitely shows which program is superior at the moment.

Fact

Gillis made a play on the ball, and while I get what TJD was trying to do for his teammate he wound have gotten pummeled by Gillis.

1000 percent. Gillis is the one guy on Purdue I wouldn’t **** with and that’s no joke

TJD’s one move - the dunk - didn’t play well when he tried to dunk over Edey. That was hilarious and hasn’t been really discussed too much.

Fact

I’m not here rent free. I attended both schools and I love college hoops. These boards are supposed to be fun but a few on here have message board muscles and we all know what that really means 😆

See it’s easy when you are debating fact vs opinion
Trayce is 6’ 9” 245.

Gillis is 6’ 6” 230.

Unless Gillis is a black belt in karate or something, he’s not mopping the floor with TJD.

His stock isn't getting any higher, and somebody will pick him in the 2nd round. If he stays in the draft, PU is going to suck ass next year.
True his stock will not go any higher but I bet he comes back. He can make money at Purdue and get draftet in the 2nd round again next year. I would be stunned if he stayed in the draft.

Reactions: DANC
True his stock will not go any higher but I bet he comes back. He can make money at Purdue and get draftet in the 2nd round again next year. I would be stunned if he stayed in the draft.

I would think he would include in his considerations the possibility of injury. Wouldn't he be better off in the NBA even as a second rounder if he would get a severe injury?

What do second round picks make?

Reactions: kkott and DANC
I would think he would include in his considerations the possibility of injury. Wouldn't he be better off in the NBA even as a second rounder if he would get a severe injury?

What do second round picks make?
I think, after he works out for teams, someone will pick him up in the 1st round.

I think, after he works out for teams, someone will pick him up in the 1st round.
I dont watch much NBA but have watched some playoffs. I mean mostly all they do is shoot three pointers. Edey would have killed it back in the day but in the modern game he is probably a backup at best. But he may want to go just not to risk injury though I am sure Purdue is going to try and come up with every dollar they can to get him to stay without without him they will stink.

I dont watch much NBA but have watched some playoffs. I mean mostly all they do is shoot three pointers. Edey would have killed it back in the day but in the modern game he is probably a backup at best but he may want to go just not to risk injury.
When everyone starts playing a certain style, the one who bucks that trend can have success.

Put Edey with some good 3 point shooters, instead of freshmen, and he'd be even more of a monster.

When everyone starts playing a certain style, the one who bucks that trend can have success.

Put Edey with some good 3 point shooters, instead of freshmen, and he'd be even more of a monster.
I don’t see it. He’s a liability on defense. Nobody plays drop coverage. You have to guard to the three point line. He would get smoked on switches and pick n roll. He did against a 16 seed and IU and the NBA guys would do even more damage. He’s second round or undrafted all day.

I don’t see it. He’s a liability on defense. Nobody plays drop coverage. You have to guard to the three point line. He would get smoked on switches and pick n roll. He did against a 16 seed and IU and the NBA guys would do even more damage. He’s second round or undrafted all day.
We'll see.

Reactions: kkott
without him they will stink.
Unfortunately that is what has been said for the last few years. I read a LOT of comments last year about how they will struggle and they ended up winning the BT by three games. Easier BT schedule or not.

We'll see.
I agree with your line of thinking. I think someone will take a chance on him as a change of pace/style and a reliable low post scorer, rim protector, rebounder. Barring injury, I think he'll play a long time in the NBA, as will Trayce. A caveat would be that I'm terrible at predicting NBA success!

I agree with your line of thinking. I think someone will take a chance on him as a change of pace/style and a reliable low post scorer, rim protector, rebounder. Barring injury, I think he'll play a long time in the NBA, as will Trayce. A caveat would be that I'm terrible at predicting NBA success!
I remember telling Purdue's Brad Miller he would be in the NBA after one of those games where Indiana seniors played Purdue seniors, along with other Indiana college seniors, played after the season.

He just sort of smirked. Of course, I had my IU gear on and my daughter had her IU cheerleader outfit on. But I think he though it was far-fetched that he would be in the NBA. He turned out to be a very good player.

Edey might not be a starter, but I bet he could give some quality minutes off the bench.

my daughter had her IU cheerleader outfit on
Cheerleader you say? You know, some good father-daughter pictures might do some of these oafs some good! Light on the father! (disregard if she's under 18!... well maybe 17)

Reactions: sluggo69
Well, she was 3 at the time, so.......
I was afraid you were going to say that.

You do know this is the internet, right? Here's a pic of my daughter in her cheerleader outfit. Well, she calls me Daddy, anyway!

mR0143_1024x1024.jpeg

I was afraid you were going to say that.

You do know this is the internet, right? Here's a pic of my daughter in her cheerleader outfit. Well, she calls me Daddy, anyway!

mR0143_1024x1024.jpeg
extremely dangerous and expensive force of nature right there. Brought down many men and empires.

Reactions: kkott and DANC
Shocked that there’s more interest in Purdue and Zach Edey than IU and its new 7 footer.
Shocked that you don't understand or comprehend the meaning of the word more. Did the constant ingestion of fat girl smegma further disable your already smooth brain?

I don't know if that does or doesn't, but hanging out on your rivals board after the season is over, having been swept by them and getting one of the most embarassing losses in NCAA tourney history hung on your team (again!) certainly does! Party on Garth!
As opposed to, say, getting so titillated over the yearly migration of hummingbirds that you feel the need to share your blood-engorged excitement with the rest of us?

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT