ADVERTISEMENT

Your new DC...

UVA just hired Rudzinski - DC from AFA. AFA had the 4th best defense in FCS this year. There were OCs and DCs with successful experience out there for the taking yet CTA chose to roll the dice.

UVA just hired Rudzinski - DC from AFA. AFA had the 4th best defense in FCS this year. There were OCs and DCs with successful experience out there for the taking yet CTA chose to roll the dice.
The more I think about this the less excited I get. I think it was just because this hire was not the travesty that our OC hire was.

Reactions: Cap99

Rudzinski might be really good (at any level) or he might not be... We'll see...

Academy schedules aren't even close to what he'd see here and his greatest success was against Option Offenses...

The guy can clearly get his people ready to play but to act as though he'd be a sure thing going against the Big Ten East is more than a bit of a stretch...

That is a roll of the dice as well. All things being equal, I would rather roll the dice with a fcs dc as well but we shouldn't act like there isn't risk in that as well given the difference in competition level.

Allen must have liked wilt so we just have to see if he made a good choice.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT