ADVERTISEMENT

Might have a shot at "the" o$u next fall

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
Our former DC is their new Safties Coach...

While evidently a really likable fellow I never saw anything out there that showed me he was much of a coach...

Moore (now at Ole' Miss) was a fine Safety but it looked to me like he brought most of his game with him and didn't get much from our coaches... If anything they often had him playing too close in run support allowing guys to get behind him with regularity...

People may low rate our former coaches, but PSU and OSU haven't. If Harbaugh leaves Michigan for the NFL, next year could be interesting. We will see what this team is like with a viable offense that challenges defenses.
Unless Tom Allen was interfering with him (which is quite possible) I was highly underwhelmed by our DC... His safeties being out of position had a lot to do with our Defensive struggles in my opinion... He'll have a chance to prove himself with some top shelf talent next Fall... Since it's "the" Ohio $tate I'm hoping he fails miserably, likable fellow or not...

While evidently a really likable fellow I never saw anything out there that showed me he was much of a coach...

Moore (now at Ole' Miss) was a fine Safety but it looked to me like he brought most of his game with him and didn't get much from our coaches... If anything they often had him playing too close in run support allowing guys to get behind him with regularity...

Some people are just meant to teach and not lead. They are better at focused tasks like teaching and training safeties techniques. But overseeing an entire defense and making quick in-game decisions may not be a person's strength.

I think Allen may be like that. Give me the task of running a defense, and he's good. Run an entire program? Not his talent.

Our former DC was a Defense Quality Control Analyst at O$U when Allen hired him. O$U knows him well enough to put him back on staff, as a position coach. His secondary‘s play did exceed expectations when OSU came to town. Glad to see he found a good spot.

Last edited:
Our former DC was a Defense Quality Control Analyst at O$U when Allen hired him. O$U knows him well enough to put him back on staff, as a position coach. His secondary‘s play did exceed expectations when OSU came to town. Glad to see he found a good spot.
And our secondary steadily went downhill as the season progressed...

I'm aware of where he came from (although technically we snagged him from Tulsa before he even got going there) and I consider it a positive (for us) that he's back there...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT