ADVERTISEMENT

Former IU Assistants now control Alabama Football

Womack to be DC at Alabama. IU had both DeBoer & Womack. Nauseating
Good for them!

I never dreamed Womack would leave South Alabama but this could be a great move for him...

Bringing in Womack gives DeBoer a fighting chance... Had he brought his Washington D C they both would have been gone in under three years...

They also have an all IU Strength and Conditioning Program...

in 20 years the Wikipedia entry will have this next Bama run as under the Tom Allen coaching tree. Wild times.

Honestly, DeBoer’s record speaks for itself offensively and he’ll have the horses to run with.

As for Kane, if he can keep the recruiting up I’m scared to see how his exotic defensive schemes will work with 4* & 5* kids. Could be one of those things that changes college football.

It certainly shows that Allen had high shelf assistants, at least for a moment. The record also indicates that he wasn't able to adequately replace these people.

If Cignetti wins a bunch of games early in his tenure, he'll have to deal with the poaching, too. Cignetti seems like he would be much more successful in replacing such coaches, IMO.

Allen's inability to replace Deboer and Wommack, were nails in the coffin.....

Good for them!

I never dreamed Womack would leave South Alabama but this could be a great move for him...

Bringing in Womack gives DeBoer a fighting chance... Had he brought his Washington D C they both would have been gone in under three years...

They also have an all IU Strength and Conditioning Program...
Great hire by Deboer. Deboer knows Wommack, Wommack knows defense AND that part of the country.

The two strength coaches were VERY GOOD at self-promotion.....They were good at their job, but even better salesmen!!

Just... GOOD, at their job! Stop, please... Saying they are anything below excellent would be laughed at by their peers.

Ballou is considered one of the top 5 strength coaches in all of college football.

Where are you coming up with your evaluation anyway...

Reactions: midwolfe
Just... GOOD, at their job! Stop, please... Saying they are anything below excellent would be laughed at by their peers.

Ballou is considered one of the top 5 strength coaches in all of college football.

Where are you coming up with your evaluation anyway...
Their interviews/social media creations all screamed self promotion, IMO. I said they were good at their job but also called a spade a spade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT