ADVERTISEMENT

You gotta believe now...right?

SouthBendJim

Junior
Dec 19, 2004
So many weapons, hard to stop us, lead by one of the best PGs in the country. Three smart seniors and freshman that nobody thought would contribute like they have.

TEAM play, everyone wants to win, no matter how much they score. So much enthusiasm and passion for the game. Reflection of their coach?

Defense UP, turnovers DOWN. Coming together at the right time.

Ziesloft so smart, not saving the ball at the Maryland end, but flinging it towards the Indiana goal. Hope he got an assist for that play!

Really hate it with time running out that a team rolls the ball halfway up the court without time coming off the clock. I'd always press the ball in those situations if I was coach. About time somebody did something about it. Go Yogi! They'll think twice about that in the future!

Morgan came back too soon IMO. Looks like he's really hurting now. Need to get him healed up for the NCAAs.

If we have good Troy on our side (and he seems to be here) who can stand against us.?

Am I right or am I right?

This team has more momentum heading into the postseason than either the 2002 or 2013 teams, for sure. I think that's the biggest reason to be excited/optimistic right now. I don't think they've peaked yet.

Reactions: Big Red Believer
Tremendous defensive effort! They have won 3 games in past 2 or 3 weeks that I didn't think they would win. Not only did they win, but they have really impressed this critic. I believe they will be extremely difficult to knock out in the post season. This win today in particular reminded me of the way IU used to finish off Big Ten Championship seasons with style, leaving little doubt has to who the Big 10 Champs were.

Senior day speeches were fantastic! Congrats to Coach Crean on a tremendous job this season and congrats to the seniors on a memorable season!

Reactions: echs86
No team is going to be pleased that we are in their bracket. Probably playing some of the best ball in the country right now.

I'm worried that at least the seniors seemed too satisfied with what they have accomplished so far. Hopefully they get greedy before Friday.

I'm worried that at least the seniors seemed too satisfied with what they have accomplished so far. Hopefully they get greedy before Friday.

Their words might suggest that, but their performance on the court today did not.

But there is room for improvement, no doubt. Indiana played good defense for about 20-25 minutes. Come tournament time, if we're going to make a deep run, that has to be 35-40 minutes of effort on defense. They have to leave everything on the floor---this is not a team that is talented enough to just show up and win.

Been believing all year, just glad to see a few others finally on board.
I haven't been believing, but am now.
IU (in December) was like 50-1 to win it all. Wish I knew they were gonna look this good. I would of dropped $100 on it. They are prob around 8-1 now.

Tremendous defensive effort! They have won 3 games in past 2 or 3 weeks that I didn't think they would win. Not only did they win, but they have really impressed this critic. I believe they will be extremely difficult to knock out in the post season. This win today in particular reminded me of the way IU used to finish off Big Ten Championship seasons with style, leaving little doubt has to who the Big 10 Champs were.

Senior day speeches were fantastic! Congrats to Coach Crean on a tremendous job this season and congrats to the seniors on a memorable season!
Senior day is what college basketball is suppose to be about and it makes me proud of these kids.

Reactions: becauseIknow
Their words might suggest that, but their performance on the court today did not.

But there is room for improvement, no doubt. Indiana played good defense for about 20-25 minutes. Come tournament time, if we're going to make a deep run, that has to be 35-40 minutes of effort on defense. They have to leave everything on the floor---this is not a team that is talented enough to just show up and win.
You're way off on your defensive assessments!! They played good tough D the entire game, it's basket ball, the other team is gonna get some points!

You're way off on your defensive assessments!! They played good tough D the entire game, it's basket ball, the other team is gonna get some points!

I was pretty happy with their defense on the front line. They seem to have gotten used to the concept of basic "help and recover."

So many weapons, hard to stop us, lead by one of the best PGs in the country. Three smart seniors and freshman that nobody thought would contribute like they have.

TEAM play, everyone wants to win, no matter how much they score. So much enthusiasm and passion for the game. Reflection of their coach?

Defense UP, turnovers DOWN. Coming together at the right time.

Ziesloft so smart, not saving the ball at the Maryland end, but flinging it towards the Indiana goal. Hope he got an assist for that play!

Really hate it with time running out that a team rolls the ball halfway up the court without time coming off the clock. I'd always press the ball in those situations if I was coach. About time somebody did something about it. Go Yogi! They'll think twice about that in the future!

Morgan came back too soon IMO. Looks like he's really hurting now. Need to get him healed up for the NCAAs.

If we have good Troy on our side (and he seems to be here) who can stand against us.?

Am I right or am I right?

We're definitely looking at great chances of winning the BTT and making a move past the S16...

Yogi's head is as right as it's ever been.

I'm cautiously optimistic. We're playing as well as anyone in the country right now. I still have doubts as to whether we can beat a really good, top 10-15, team outside of the Hall but all signs are pointing to yes. I badly want to see a Purdue rematch on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT