ADVERTISEMENT

The Real Story?

NWfor3

Benchwarmer
Mar 25, 2013
So, what is the truth? Does anyone really know what actually happened to get the 5 players suspended? Many people are posting thoughts, but where is the truth? Not your thoughts on what happened or any rumors. I would like to know exactly what happened, if anyone really knows? I have heard...A) coming in late, past curfew. B) smoking weed. C) taking pictures at a marijuana dispensary. D) smelling like weed. E) out sightseeing. Some are saying that this is the 2nd / 3rd offense for a couple of players. I don't have time to go to a lot of message boards, twitter, etc. to read things, so if someone could "honestly" tell us what happened, please do.
Game thoughts = Galloway should start, he has been playing inspired ball since coming back. Yes, he has his faults, but the kid plays hard and keeps developing his game (less threes and more drives / floaters) and he is playing for the name on the front of the jersey. TJD is good but inconsistent lately and is not a leader (vocal). He does have some nice post moves & dunks at times, but other times he hurries his shot. Race = Another guy who plays hard and wants to win. Glad he quit shooting the 3-ball and decided to get back inside. Kopp & Leal??? Kopp needs to come off the bench, maybe he is thinking too much and needs to watch the game from the bench, no confidence in his shot. Leal can shoot but is scary handling the ball on offense, making some bad passes. When is Rob coming back? Geronimo gives energy and athleticism but is out of control at times and gets lost on defense. Play him in short spurts. How about a zone when you have 6 players? Mix up your defenses...2-3, 1-3-1, man, etc. If nothing else it gives Northwestern more to think about and plan for during time-outs. If the zone doesn't work you can always get out of it. Who are the vocal leaders of this team, are there any? I am talking about guys who are the voice in the locker room, weight room. Will any other players rip into the 5 who were suspended? Is there a divide in the locker room? What is going to happen going forward? Lots of tough games coming up.
Thoughts

So, what is the truth? Does anyone really know what actually happened to get the 5 players suspended? Many people are posting thoughts, but where is the truth? Not your thoughts on what happened or any rumors. I would like to know exactly what happened, if anyone really knows? I have heard...A) coming in late, past curfew. B) smoking weed. C) taking pictures at a marijuana dispensary. D) smelling like weed. E) out sightseeing. Some are saying that this is the 2nd / 3rd offense for a couple of players. I don't have time to go to a lot of message boards, twitter, etc. to read things, so if someone could "honestly" tell us what happened, please do.
Game thoughts = Galloway should start, he has been playing inspired ball since coming back. Yes, he has his faults, but the kid plays hard and keeps developing his game (less threes and more drives / floaters) and he is playing for the name on the front of the jersey. TJD is good but inconsistent lately and is not a leader (vocal). He does have some nice post moves & dunks at times, but other times he hurries his shot. Race = Another guy who plays hard and wants to win. Glad he quit shooting the 3-ball and decided to get back inside. Kopp & Leal??? Kopp needs to come off the bench, maybe he is thinking too much and needs to watch the game from the bench, no confidence in his shot. Leal can shoot but is scary handling the ball on offense, making some bad passes. When is Rob coming back? Geronimo gives energy and athleticism but is out of control at times and gets lost on defense. Play him in short spurts. How about a zone when you have 6 players? Mix up your defenses...2-3, 1-3-1, man, etc. If nothing else it gives Northwestern more to think about and plan for during time-outs. If the zone doesn't work you can always get out of it. Who are the vocal leaders of this team, are there any? I am talking about guys who are the voice in the locker room, weight room. Will any other players rip into the 5 who were suspended? Is there a divide in the locker room? What is going to happen going forward? Lots of tough games coming up.
Thoughts

It doesn’t matter what they did. I trust Woodson to handle it appropriately. As for the rest, we’ll know in a few nights as to how the rest of the guys feel and whether or not this divides or brings the team together.

Thoughts
It does not matter they did enough to be benched in the biggest game of the year. I am pretty sure it was for more than skipping a class. At this point I would not care if they all got kicked off the team.

Reactions: Mr.IU and ufo33
It will be interesting to see who transfers after this season or kicked off now. And what about Duncomb? If he doesn't play last night, when does he? He might transfer also or realize this is the best place for him and stay and work. Used to worry if we'll have enough scholarships next year but after last night, don't think we have to worry anymore

It will be interesting to see who transfers after this season or kicked off now. And what about Duncomb? If he doesn't play last night, when does he? He might transfer also or realize this is the best place for him and stay and work. Used to worry if we'll have enough scholarships next year but after last night, don't think we have to worry anymore
I think we will have likely five open spots this spring. Woodson may not even want Logan back who knows. But Durr needs to be gone for sure and I am guessing Lander is gone as well. At this point I almost welcome five grad transfers assuming they are of high character. The season is not over but in a way it almosts feels like it is already over.

So that leaves

Galloway
Leal
Geronimo
Bates
Hood
Gunn
Banks
Logan???

Don't forget Duncomb was suspended earlier in the season for a few games. So hopefully he's already learned his lesson as far as rules and expectations.

I doubt he leaves, most freshmen don't play much if at all and my guess is he'll give it at least one more year to see how things develop. That said, I certainly don't know him at all, and if his ego is bigger than his brain he may decide he's had enough.

Thoughts
Paragraphs.............. get some.

I think we will have likely five open spots this spring. Woodson may not even want Logan back who knows. But Durr needs to be gone for sure and I am guessing Lander is gone as well. At this point I almost welcome five grad transfers assuming they are of high character. The season is not over but in a way it almosts feels like it is already over.

So that leaves

Galloway
Leal
Geronimo
Bates
Hood
Gunn
Banks
Logan???
IU isn't going to lose 8 players this offseason

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
That was a question I had as well. If Duncomb did not play last night, how far away is he? Far enough away CMW and Duncomb may decide to transfer?

That was a question I had as well. If Duncomb did not play last night, how far away is he? Far enough away CMW and Duncomb may decide to transfer?
If he cannot get in over a walk on when we only have seven players playing I would say pretty far away to not even see a few minutes.

If he cannot get in over a walk on when we only have seven players playing I would say pretty far away to not even see a few minutes.

One of XJ/RP will be back, need more than one PG on the roster.
I believe Race comes back
That would be year six for Race and Woodson may not even want Johnson back at this point to it would likely be Rob.

took me about 2 minutes to remember who #14 even was when he came in in the first half... And funny... my first thought was where the heck is Logan??

Reactions: bailey777
Yes, I agree with Coach Woodson and trust his decision. My point was we don't know what happened but many people are speculating as if they know the truth.

Reactions: h20pls
Duncomb is a freshman big playing behind several veteran bigs. Why the need to run off everybody who is not producing from day 1?

It does not matter they did enough to be benched in the biggest game of the year. I am pretty sure it was for more than skipping a class. At this point I would not care if they all got kicked off the team.
The biggest game of the year? LMAO. Important, but damn get ahold of yourself. This could be a wheels falling off moment or a tightening screws moment. We'll see.

The biggest game of the year? LMAO. Important, but damn get ahold of yourself. This could be a wheels falling off moment or a tightening screws moment. We'll see.
At this point of the season it was of the current four game stretch where we likey need two wins . It was the most winnable of the four.

Deleted. Found my answer in another thread.

Last edited:
I found Dakich's show on youtube live and listened to the first hour.

Have to say I agreed with almost everything he said about the situation.

Woody is a guy that understands what IU BB stands for. Woody did what was necessary to grow a program where everyone understands.

There was no change on status for Davis, Thompson and Geronimo so not that much opened up for him. Durr's minutes but he is only effective against large centers. If he were a guard I would be more worried.

• Haha
Reactions: bawlmer and Lucy01
Its time to blow the roster up. Durr, Stewart, Kopp, Lander, Phinesee, TJD, Leal, all need to go. Maybe Race comes back with Bates, Xavier, Galloway, and Geronimo. We need shooters and bigs to put around Schifino.

• Haha
Reactions: dbmhoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT