ADVERTISEMENT

The Real Story?

Why? Just to ease your anger.

Let the f*cking coach, coach.

They f*cked up, they were held accountable ... why so much blood lust wanting to see the kids punished further?
Didn't Crean do that to start out with? That sure ended well, lol.

enough! Just get rid of those five. I’m so tired of this stuff over and over.
After the season perhaps. For now, Woody needs to enforce team rules equitably… For me, having key starters sit did that. Sitting the next game might not be out of the question, (if only for recruits’ moms even). I don’t know the exact number of games from the team rule.

This kind of problem is why recruiting ‘character‘ matters. Good ‘character’ would not be led into a mistake like this, nor lead others to follow him.

Reactions: ThreeToMakeTwo
After the season perhaps. For now, Woody needs to enforce team rules equitably… For me, having key starters sit did that. Sitting the next game might not be out of the question, (if only for recruits’ moms even). I don’t know the exact number of games from the team rule.

This kind of problem is why recruiting ‘character‘ matters. Good ‘character’ would not be led into a mistake like this, nor lead others to follow him.
Kind of when I look at Purdue or Wisconsin who recruit kids ranked well out of the top 150 and I think what the heck are they doing. A few years later a guy like Edey turns into a stud.

Reactions: bbafficionado
Kind of when I look at Purdue or Wisconsin who recruit kids ranked well out of the top 150 and I think what the heck are they doing. A few years later a guy like Edey turns into a stud.
Yes having the guts and desire to improve is the third leg of the character stool.

Reactions: ericrossiu
Why? Just to ease your anger.

Let the f*cking coach, coach.

They f*cked up, they were held accountable ... why so much blood lust wanting to see the kids punished further?
Only the coach knows if the punishment is sufficient. Some reports the 5 were nonchalant in warm-ups. That would piss me off.

I agree with the OP, I would like to know the real story behind the suspensions. It's almost a certainty that this information will not come from Woodson. Over time I'm sure that stories will leak out from the players, but who knows how accurate those will be.

What concerns me almost as much as the suspensions, many posters are referring to a game against 4-8 Northwestern as IU's biggest game of the season. Wow. Hopefully this is what rock bottom feels like.

I think we will have likely five open spots this spring. Woodson may not even want Logan back who knows. But Durr needs to be gone for sure and I am guessing Lander is gone as well. At this point I almost welcome five grad transfers assuming they are of high character. The season is not over but in a way it almosts feels like it is already over.

So that leaves

Galloway
Leal
Geronimo
Bates
Hood
Gunn
Banks
Logan???
Drama queen

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I agree with the OP, I would like to know the real story behind the suspensions. It's almost a certainty that this information will not come from Woodson. Over time I'm sure that stories will leak out from the players, but who knows how accurate those will be.

What concerns me almost as much as the suspensions, many posters are referring to a game against 4-8 Northwestern as IU's biggest game of the season. Wow. Hopefully this is what rock bottom feels like.
I have seen exactly ONE person refer to the game like that.
Plus, the context is that the NU game was so important because of how tough the schedule is now.

Reactions: SoccerSammy

I think 2008-2011 may be a little worse

Only the team and staff know what those 5 did to merit sitting for a game (at least). All the talk about "character" like we got a team of thugs and bad dudes.

Everybody remembers that 3 guys were booted after the Great Alaska Shootout in 78. "Potheads" was the term used to describe them then I believe. I'm sure if the internet had been around everyone here would have screamed about a lack of "character" then too.

Nobody remembers that 5 guys were suspended but not booted. Ray Tolbert, Landon Turner, Phil Isenbarger, Eric Kirchner and...wait for it...Mike Woodson.

I trust this staff to handle whatever rules were violated appropriately - and in house.

And I don't think I'd want to be any of the 5 at practice for the next week or two...

I have seen exactly ONE person refer to the game like that.
Plus, the context is that the NU game was so important because of how tough the schedule is now.

I‘ve read posts from at least three, and maybe as many as five, state as such. And no one disagreed with them.

I think 2008-2011 may be a little worse

Now seems worse to me because it was assumed that after 2008-2011 we would right the ship and regain our previous stature. Now, I‘m much less confident. The comparison to Nebraska’s football demise rings more true every year.

Reactions: BigMobe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT