ADVERTISEMENT

Yo IU- from a Kentucky fan

Major props to IU from a Cat fan here. You guys played really hard. I really enjoyed seeing the matchup & wish we could get this thing going again every year. Good luck going forward in the tourney. I'll be rooting for you in the rounds to come.
Nice, but rare from a UK fan.
Internet is a bad thing sometimes

Just wanted to say Congratulations on your teams win today. We knew we were a two man team and hoped our shots would keep falling in the tourney. Your defense had a lot to do with that. When they saw that our bigs could not make a shot under the basket, they pulled out and played our shooters great. Good luck next week and beat those dirty Tarheels.

Congrats on a gr8 win from this Cat fan. We didn't play very well today but I would think Indianas defense had a lot to do with that . Best of luck the rest of the tourney !

Reactions: myrtlefan
Agreed, classy post from a UK fan. This game should not have been a round of 32 game. Big10 Champ vs SEC champ. The NC$$ should be investigated. Congrats on a great year.

Reactions: Fultoncountyrantool
IMHO, this game had a "big-time" vibe to it. More like an elite eight scenario. Really fun game to watch; obviously more so if you're a Hoosier fan. Two things stood out to me; defensively IU outplayed UK and Bryant executed offensively with the game on the line whereas Skal did not(remember the two consecutive possessions he missed decent looks at the bucket?).

Anyway, great ball game and some kind words from UK fans.

McHoop

Nice, but rare from a UK fan.
Internet is a bad thing sometimes

Yep unfortunately the toothless minority seems to speak for both sides of this thing more often than not. Both sides get a bad rap, but I suppose that's how it goes with all fan bases. I'm sure there are fans of Duke that aren't actually d-bags as well… lol.

I still hate Laettner!

Congrats on a gr8 win from this Cat fan. We didn't play very well today but I would think Indianas defense had a lot to do with that . Best of luck the rest of the tourney !
Neither team played their best ball. We missed a lot of open 3's that we usually make. But it was a good game regardless. Just like the last few.

Reactions: shelby
It was a legit win for IU. I don't mind losing like this if it is to a team that deserves it more than we do and you did. Will always pull for the Cats, but now I'm pulling for IU to take out UNC. Please be healthy.

Reactions: imaniufan
Great game iu! It's a shame we had to meet so early due to,the moronic seeding. I hate it that my team lost, but you guys played great. And as a person who is born and raised in Indiana, I must give respect when respect is due. Congrats on your win.

Although I'm UK to the core, I've got nothing but respect to the better team tonight. Now please, please, PLEASE beat UNCheat.

P.S. Thanks for ratting out UL

The NCAA committee definitely missed the mark this year. I have said all week that both IU and UK should have been 3 seeds, Michigan State should have been a 4 or 5 and Utah...well that one was a head scratcher.

Reactions: CC Mac
Congrats on a good win, guys! I hope you crush those Carolina cheaters! Good luck the rest of the way.

IU won the B1G by 2 games and were a 5 seed in the NCAA Tournament. That's ridiculous.

Reactions: CC Mac
My compliments and congrats on winning today.

I'm going to be honest. I have no love for IU. Just as you probably have none for your historic rival, UK. HOWEVER, I wish you all the best in your game against UNC-Cheat. What they've done over a decades long duration must not be further rewarded. Send the incorrigible, corrupt cheaters home. Strip their last hope for undeserved glory and help expedite their just punishment. Good luck.

Last edited:
I love how our mods allow classy posts from opponents to stay up. Cats Illustrated mods could learn a damn lesson.

@Yard your boys fought hard, and it was a great game. No reason for any Cat to hand their heads after that game.

I love how our mods allow classy posts from opponents to stay up. Cats Illustrated mods could learn a damn lesson.

@Yard your boys fought hard, and it was a great game. No reason for any Cat to hand their heads after that game.
I was blacklisted at Rupp Rafters after I said Ulis was great and I hope the rivalry is renewed. WTF?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT